What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stableness of autoflower offsprings?

Xtensity

I realize, most seeds bought online are from F1 mothers....... If I saw took those seeds, grew some LR2, and got seeds from it, would all the seeds from my LR2's be stable AF's also(assuming the pollen also came from a LR2)......

What about if 2 plants from those secondary seeds(that I produced) made seeds? Would its seeds be AFs?

Basically I'm asking how stable is the AF gene when kept within already stabilized AF plants. Meaning could I continue making seeds in this genetic selection of plants and no other genetics came into the picture, and constantly produce only AF's?

I

IceColdCrickets

Stable AF x Stable AF = Stable AF offspring.

AF x Unstable AF = % of AF Offspring

AF x NON AF = NON AF in the F1, most of the time, unless there is an unknown AF gene present in the NON AF parent used.

AutoFlowering is a reccessive trait, do some research on how reccessive genes react when breeding.

ICC.

Xtensity

Stable AF x Stable AF = Stable AF offspring.

AF x Unstable AF = % of AF Offspring

AF x NON AF = NON AF in the F1, most of the time, unless there is an unknown AF gene present in the NON AF parent used.

AutoFlowering is a reccessive trait, do some research on how reccessive genes react when breeding.

ICC.

That's what I had figured overall.....but I could never figure out how they got the dominant traits 100% out of the genetics.

Latest posts

Latest posts