What's new

AF seed run?

kainho

hello everybody,

I'm interested in trying a grow with a AF strain.

I want to make a guerrilla grow using coldframes to extend seassons.

My idea is to make kind of a perpetual guerilla grow using 4~5 coldframes of 6 plants each (base of coldframe: 60 x 40 cm).

One of the coldframe would be used once a year to make a seed run.

Doing the math, my projection is (6 x 4) 24 plants every 2 month; from witch I expect at less 20 to reach full maturity, of course half would be male, so I expect an average of 10 female per grow with an average of 8 to 20g each (80 ~ 200g every 2 month, 40 ~ 100g per month)

From what I understand, for my project to work, I need to get a pure-breed strain.

From all this come 3 question:

1) I know that lowrider is pure-breed, but is there any other strain that could be used???

2) Is there a way to enforce female seeds on a AF?

3) maybe the most important question: from your experience, do you think my project could be viable? do you have any improvement sugestion??

P.S.: To reduce maintenance of the system, I'm thinking to use a wick-system for watering.

Bighill

1) Lots of choice, that is kind of a loaded question, we can't mention breeders that aren't listed on seedbay or seedboutique. BUT, there are tons of grow reports of alot of them now, google is your friend. I am getting a few packs of sour60 from Mdanzig, they look to yeild good and if they smoke as good as the pictures look i am on board. (they are full autoflower)

1b) What do you mean by "pure breed"? Stable phenos?

2) C silver on a select female will make it go hermi and produce male pollen, search function will help there.

3) Your numbers are do-able with the correct care. IF it was me i would sex them before going out-side.

(never ran a wick system, i have used water crystals before, with good results, again search function for more info)

Anyone else?
BH

kainho

thanks bighill

1a) most strains aren't pure-breed(see 1b) and decay in quality in successive generations
1b) "pure breed" = seed run give you seeds with the same pheno as parent strain; most strains are hybrids and as such have hybrid-vigor, but, seeds from those strains tend to decay because they are not stablelized. I know lowryder is a stable strain but most people say it's a low-yielder, i'm searching for stable AF strains that can yield more. as an example, lowryder #2 seems to yield more, but i think it's not a stablelized strain.

2) can we make Coloidal Silver homemade? (DIY)

3) don't know where to buy or how to make C Silver

Mr.Meds

You can buy GA3 on ebay for cheap to make fem seeds with. It's natural and far less toxic than colloidal silver.

Latest posts

Latest posts