What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

seed breeding

niceguy44

just a quick question about autos guys if i had say 2 lowryder 2 seeds one male and one female and i left the male to pollinate the female would those seeds i had off the female plant be ready in about 10 weeks if i planted the seeds like normal lowryders many thanks for any replys.

M

Micro420

Yup.
Just keep the two together, if you have a good ventialtion system the pollen should spread even. Assist if you like but will be done in about 8-10 weeks. Just look for the pods to bust or a white line or visable brownish/blackish seed. But there will be a clear sign of pollinated and non pollinated bud.

lowrdr

seeds take around 4 weeks to fully mature. but as micro has said, you will clearly be able to tell when the whore is pollinated. i never leave my whores the full length when im going for seed, i take them down when the seed is done (obv it depends on when you pollinate of course)

I

IceColdCrickets

pollenating at the correct time is the key to get many seeds. If you let your male pollenate to early when the female is to young you will get very little seeds as the females will slow flower production and work on making the seeds. LR#2 should be pollenated around Week 6 or so, when the buds have gotten fully developed but still all pistils are white, then pollenate fully. Keeping your male in a different room to collect the pollen to use when females are ready OR there are ways to trim him down to 1 single branch over time so he only releases pollen when it is needed. It takes some practice to get it right and get the most seed out of an AF plant but when you do pollenate please wait 4-5 weeks for the seeds to ripen properly. So, total turn around 10-11weeks for a good seed crop.

ICC

niceguy44

thank you very much for the replys fellas i have been told i would have to cross them over at least 3 times to get the auto flowering gene back into them do anyone know if this is true i would rather cross them just the once and when i planted the seeds be able to have some bud outdoors in about 10 weeks many thanks for any replys