What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone done more than a 2waycross with autos

streetvibes

i was wandering has anyone done more than a 2way cross i just tasted some whitebudda mixed up with whiterussian and diesalryder my freind
says he left two males ie white russian and diesalryder with a whitebudda
female and blasted them with a fan hes a good freind he wanted to experiment the taste is nice the buzz is good but i dont no much on how
this 3way mix would work anyone got any info

Last edited:

lowrdr

it wont be a 3way cross. some seeds will be white russian x budda and some will be dieselryder x budda

I

IceColdCrickets

i have a few 3 way crosses, Oasis x LR x Project A. First you bring down the first cross to 100% AF around F3 or F4 depending on how your selection is, then take your F3 100% AF and cross it to another NON-AF strain, then work it into another AF, it takes a very long time to do but would have the least amount of LR in it. Making it a good canidate for some killer smoke. Variation is high when you do this so good selection is needed for success.

ICC.

lowrdr

i have a few 3 way crosses, Oasis x LR x Project A. First you bring down the first cross to 100% AF around F3 or F4 depending on how your selection is, then take your F3 100% AF and cross it to another NON-AF strain, then work it into another AF, it takes a very long time to do but would have the least amount of LR in it. Making it a good canidate for some killer smoke. Variation is high when you do this so good selection is needed for success.

ICC.

i see what your saying, but thats not what he was saying. im assuming the point was that a female can be pollinated by 2 males and the seeds will be the female mixed with the 2 males, which biologically is a physical impossibility, please correct me if im wrong

C

ChynaRyder

Only one pollen grain is able to sucessfully reach the ovary, and pollinate the female. Kinda like sperm and eggs. There can only ever be one mother and one father in natural polination.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
If a "hussie" slept with two men simultaneously and conceived, would the baby have two biological fathers? negative, sir

ArcticBlast

edit: exACTLY what ChynaRyder said in the post above me lol

I

IceColdCrickets

i see what your saying, but thats not what he was saying. im assuming the point was that a female can be pollinated by 2 males and the seeds will be the female mixed with the 2 males, which biologically is a physical impossibility, please correct me if im wrong

no you are correct, sorry i didnt answer the topic, i guess my mind was somewhere else. yes, you , chynaryder, etc. are correct.

streetvibes

hi all many thanks for the replys i think thats cleared things up a bit. my mateys are not making non autos to autos not enough time and room but they are messing around with all kinda autos hopefully in time we can get some pics up. all ways up for learning new info i just love this place its like a little auto city who ever made this autoflowering section should get a nice trophey and a all paid hoilday well deserved peace

lowrdr

hi all many thanks for the replys i think thats cleared things up a bit. my mateys are not making non autos to autos not enough time and room but they are messing around with all kinda autos hopefully in time we can get some pics up. all ways up for learning new info i just love this place its like a little auto city who ever made this autoflowering section should get a nice trophey and a all paid hoilday well deserved peace

think we need to thank S_a_H for the auto forum. i agree it is an extremely useful site, i for one am very grateful its here :joint:

If a "hussie" slept with two men simultaneously and conceived, would the baby have two biological fathers? negative, sir

they have had experiments to where they would try to a baby with dads and one mother as far i as i know they both stuck she was knocked up but then i last the story but there many strange in nature so nothing is impossible unless you wish it to be but the chances of your friend succeeding with that cross with a fan like that is very slim you'll have to break it down to a micro level and check the cells

Molson

the chances of your friend succeeding with that cross with a fan like that is very slim you'll have to break it down to a micro level and check the cells

If you broke it down to the molecular level you'd see X# of chromosomes from mom and X# of chromosomes from dad. I forget the specific mechanics of fertilization but once a sperm cell finds it's way to an egg cell I'm sure there's some mechanism that kicks in which prevents other sperm cells from trying to penetrate the same egg cell. It's most likely some type of chemical signal.

On a side note, it's possible for a plant to have multiple sets of chromosomes (polyploidy) though. It's possible to have (3n) or (4n) plants, when the 'normal' organism within the species is diploid (2n).

S

ShamelessJames

CH9 Seeds do this with most of their plants. For instance CH9 Flower is a CH9 hybrid X 3-5 mixed Female pollen (Power plant, Jack Herer, Ersb) .

Many of CH9 seeds are mixed pollinations.

*mr.mike*

Only one pollen grain is able to sucessfully reach the ovary, and pollinate the female. Kinda like sperm and eggs. There can only ever be one mother and one father in natural polination.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it takes TWO pollen grains to pollinate an ovary. Granted, they are stuck together from the paternal plant....

It's like how after meiosis some of the female product becomes ovum, and some becomes bodies for endosperm, etc.