X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaves looking bad- any tips?

hello, I have 4 auto plants in an indoor set-up/
    400w hps
    3 plants are deep in flowering but one plant does not show any signs of flowering.
    they are all different strains so I guess that is ok.
    However, he doesnt look healthy and he has stains on the leaf.
    ph of ground is 6

any thoughts?

https://www.leafly.com/news/growing/...ckout-cannabis

What are you feeding them? How big a pot/container? Those are problematic.
    ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
    "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
    We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
    sigpic

Comment

Are they rootbound?

Comment

Originally posted by Sign View Post
        Are they rootbound?
        that looks like a 10g pot to me!
        Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
        but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
        the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
        may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

Hmm that looks nearer to a 3 gal to me..

Your "soil" isnt cutting it anyway. What are they in?

Does it have any buffering? Or organic matter added?
          "There is no god higher than truth"

Comment

3 g pot. ph 6 and not adding anything else. also the soil seems to stay very moist 4 days after watering. thank you

Comment

hi, they are in 3 g pots and i am not adding anything besides PH for water.
              thank you

Comment

What do you mean by pH for water?

I mean its likely they're struggling for calcium because there wont be any left free in the soil and at that pH its difficult to absorb..

What you're seeing now is a deficiency in the soil that probably started weeks ago and i would seriously advise going to an organic mix in much bigger pots if you want soil grown and an easy calcium deficiency free life.. or do coco/hydro.. There is no inbetween imo..
                Last edited by Lost in a SOG; 12-31-2018, 20:22.
                "There is no god higher than truth"

Comment

ok thank you very much for your help i will consider hydro

Comment

Originally posted by Narniros View Post
                    hi, they are in 3 g pots and i am not adding anything besides PH for water.
                    thank you
                    They need to be lightly fed. Water only in the last days before harvest! You can add coco to soil....we do that in od grows.
                    ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

“Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                    "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

afterthought autos
                    We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Narniros View Post
                      3 g pot. ph 6 and not adding anything else. also the soil seems to stay very moist 4 days after watering. thank you
                      2 days after watering I start to worry. = Too moist
                      Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
                      but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
                      the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
                      may their arms be too short to scratch.

Comment

Straight promix works great and is available at big box stores. If you were to go to your local hardware store and picked up some 5 gallon buckets you could put 2 gallons promix on the bottom and plop the root ball on top then pack it down and I'd bet your problems would be over in a day or two.

Comment

I think your timeline started with the chevron effect, before spotting in the leaf serrations. Then water usage slowed.
                          This would indicate toxicity. I would try a bit of a flush, and raise PH a bit. Your right on the edge with 6.0 and I'm unsure if your watering at a similar PH and causing acidification.
                          Can you check the PH of the first run-off?

It would be unusual to see toxicity without feeding, but it's how it looks to me.
                          You could try a foliage feed on one, to see which direction it heads. Results are fast.

Just asking myself the question here, of if acidification can fix K.
                          Last edited by f-e; 01-01-2019, 04:21.

Comment

Originally posted by f-e View Post
                            I think your timeline started with the chevron effect, before spotting in the leaf serrations. Then water usage slowed.
                            This would indicate toxicity. I would try a bit of a flush, and raise PH a bit. Your right on the edge with 6.0 and I'm unsure if your watering at a similar PH and causing acidification.
                            Can you check the PH of the first run-off?

It would be unusual to see toxicity without feeding, but it's how it looks to me.
                            You could try a foliage feed on one, to see which direction it heads. Results are fast.

Just asking myself the question here, of if acidification can fix K.
                            What is the Chevron effect? Never heard of it.

The Op should better let his pots dry out first before flushing and keeping it even more moist.
                            Sounds to me he's having an aeration and/or overwatering problem if his soil stays very moist after 4 days in 3g pots. Keeping his pots to wet without a dry period might have caused rootdamage. Also the Op said he isn't feeding (or even hasn't given any feed).

Rootdamage and no nutrients (only pH adjusted plain water) might have caused the deficiencies we see.
                            The low soil pH might be caused by that too.

My advice would be to let the pots dry out first and then correctly water with some nutrients. (Adjusted to a proper pH). Flushing wouldn't be good in this case I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Switcher56 View Post
                              2 days after watering I start to worry. = Too moist
                              Believe it or not, mineral-laden tap water can cause unwanted buildup in the cannabis root systems
                              https://www.marijuanabreak.com/how-t...nnabis-indoors

Comment

Working...
                              X