Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My plant is starting to yellow at the start of flowering

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    My plant is starting to yellow at the start of flowering

    As you can see below my Sour 60 are starting to turn yellow. Not sure how well it shows in the pic but believe me it is.

    For nutrients I'm feeding max dosage of BioThrive Gro (4 tsp) and Calmag+ (2 tsp)

    Any advise is greatly appreciated! Have a nice day.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0909.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	17845523Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0908.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	17845524
    How I Dry Weed In A Papper Bag

    Durban Poison Auto x Auto Ducksfoot Bx to Duck

    Killer Mandarin (Urban Legends) and more

    Mazarilla (Urban Legends) and More

    Durban Poison Auto (New420GuySeeds) and More

    Northern Lights (00Seeds) and Dr. Feelgood (Short Stuff)

    Wild Thailand Ryder
    -AnyDank

    #2
    Hey,what's your light schedule mate?Does she get any sleep?

    Maybe light too close too?Some foliar epsom might helped,too.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Syd Barrett View Post
      Hey,what's your light schedule mate?Does she get any sleep?

      Maybe light too close too?Some foliar epsom might helped,too.
      Light schedule is 24/0 and the lights are 50w auto cobs about a foot and a half away from the tops. This distance has worked well for me in the past.
      How I Dry Weed In A Papper Bag

      Durban Poison Auto x Auto Ducksfoot Bx to Duck

      Killer Mandarin (Urban Legends) and more

      Mazarilla (Urban Legends) and More

      Durban Poison Auto (New420GuySeeds) and More

      Northern Lights (00Seeds) and Dr. Feelgood (Short Stuff)

      Wild Thailand Ryder
      -AnyDank

      Comment


        #4
        How long can you carry on without sleep? Nuff said. If you are feeding properly and everything else is equal, put her on a 18/6 schedule. You should see results.
        Harlequin & Acapulco Gold manifold grow
        https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=81581

        “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
        but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”


        May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
        the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
        may their arms be too short to scratch.

        Comment


          #5
          In my limited experience, when the leafs go past the outside diameter of a pot, the roots are starting to get bound. If you have the space, you might try up-potting. With the plants that large, a 16/8 schedule is where I have my plants.
          ______________________________ __________________________
          Dr. Tuggle's Compound Syrup of Globe Flower

          https://youtu.be/x0BinEFCp38?t=74

          https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87

          Things just chug long when those microbes are happy........scrappy

          Comment


            #6
            You are in grow, so need more than 18 hours of light. 20 is about the sweet spot, but while a rest might make them look better, it's just helping with the symptoms, not the cause

            I didn't want to comment as while the plants look light green, so do the seedlings. I can't see how much of this is camera deficiency. An overall yellowing of a plant points towards sulphur. Usually the plant remains in shape but new growth can be a bit twisty. Pretty much the picture we see here. My last sulphur problem was coming overnight and seemed linked to high root EC and low RH. Spraying just water on them was as useful as spraying epsom salts. While thought of as Mg, it actually contains more sulphur.

            As this is some sort of compost grow, I don't see why any feed would be needed at this time. Certainly not a full dose. You may be acidifying the compost. Sulphur is best absorbed above pH6


            Don't take my word for it though. I'm just another faceless unqualified voice. Go and look at sulphur pics in one of the sick plants help posts, pinned in the infirmary. I tend to look at the Joe Fresh and Stitch threads.

            Oh.. I wrote this yesterday and fell to sleep..
            Attached Files

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by f-e View Post
              You are in grow, so need more than 18 hours of light. 20 is about the sweet spot, but while a rest might make them look better, it's just helping with the symptoms, not the cause

              I didn't want to comment as while the plants look light green, so do the seedlings. I can't see how much of this is camera deficiency. An overall yellowing of a plant points towards sulphur. Usually the plant remains in shape but new growth can be a bit twisty. Pretty much the picture we see here. My last sulphur problem was coming overnight and seemed linked to high root EC and low RH. Spraying just water on them was as useful as spraying epsom salts. While thought of as Mg, it actually contains more sulphur.

              As this is some sort of compost grow, I don't see why any feed would be needed at this time. Certainly not a full dose. You may be acidifying the compost. Sulphur is best absorbed above pH6


              Don't take my word for it though. I'm just another faceless unqualified voice. Go and look at sulphur pics in one of the sick plants help posts, pinned in the infirmary. I tend to look at the Joe Fresh and Stitch threads.

              Oh.. I wrote this yesterday and fell to sleep..
              Thank you very much for helping me. I'll go to the hydro shop today to get sulfur. The humidity in my tent ranges from 40% to 60%. And this is not a compost grow it is coco coir and promix
              How I Dry Weed In A Papper Bag

              Durban Poison Auto x Auto Ducksfoot Bx to Duck

              Killer Mandarin (Urban Legends) and more

              Mazarilla (Urban Legends) and More

              Durban Poison Auto (New420GuySeeds) and More

              Northern Lights (00Seeds) and Dr. Feelgood (Short Stuff)

              Wild Thailand Ryder
              -AnyDank

              Comment


                #8
                Seems systemic. Did you check soil and water pH, as well? Usually sulphur or other deficiencies you see on some but not all leaves or entire plant. Just our experience.
                ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

                “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

                afterthought autos
                We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

                Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

                https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                sigpic

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by NeDank View Post

                  Thank you very much for helping me. I'll go to the hydro shop today to get sulfur. The humidity in my tent ranges from 40% to 60%. And this is not a compost grow it is coco coir and promix
                  Epsom salts. I suggest a foliar feed for half your plants, so you can see it work. Mix as if fixing an Mg deficiency. It's about 10% Mg and 16% Sulphur iirc. Magnesium sulphate.

                  Sulphur is one of the few things that fade the whole plant.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by aridbud View Post
                    Seems systemic. Did you check soil and water pH, as well? Usually sulphur or other deficiencies you see on some but not all leaves or entire plant. Just our experience.
                    ph problem, soil needz testing.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      How is the plant doing now? Hoping issues resolved and it's thriving.

                      ICMAG SERVER FUND LINK https://www.seedbay.com/vendor/icmag/

                      “Plant seeds of happiness, hope, success, and love; it will all come back to you in abundance. This is the law of nature.” ~Steve Maraboli~
                      "Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis~

                      afterthought autos
                      We are passionate auto breeders growing organically 2008. We offer 37 auto flowering strains, 17 photoperiods, 14 CBD hemp hybrids via catalog in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 15.5 years, we're running strong!

                      Mentor to 2 parties setting up microgrows (250 plants for GYO/sell with NM Rec. starting April 2022.) Help carve out excellent Cannabis Bill. GROW ON NM!

                      https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I should of really suggested a bit of water through them. Acidification is a good fit.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Cheapest route to acidification is to go back to square one:

                          Define photosynthesis. What is the purpose of the Calvin cycle? Plants do not make their own food, plants are sugar factories for acid-producing microbes. Sugars are sent to the roots at night, to help microbes produce their acids.
                          Last edited by Buttholocaust; 06-07-2021, 17:08. Reason: Website sucks

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by NeDank View Post
                            As you can see below my Sour 60 are starting to turn yellow. Not sure how well it shows in the pic but believe me it is.

                            For nutrients I'm feeding max dosage of BioThrive Gro (4 tsp) and Calmag+ (2 tsp)

                            Any advise is greatly appreciated! Have a nice day.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0909.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	17845523Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0908.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	17845524
                            1. What is the medium?
                            2. You should really get a pH meter and an EC/PPM meter.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X