What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AF strains in a mini greenhouse?

Just found these little greenhouses at home depot. I was thinking of putting one in the backyard with some short autoflowering strains in them, seems pretty stealthy. They actually look kind of like the common "dogloo" style dog house, might be a good idea to put the two of them together :chin:
the bigger one is 42 in x 36 x 36 and the smaller is 28 x 24 x 24. what do you guys think of this idea?

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...Id=10053&productId=100494627&N=10000003+90401

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...Id=10053&productId=100494626&N=10000003+90401

S

ShawnyBoy

now thats a great idea!!! id love to see the outcome and how
they perform in the greenhouse style enviroment!!!

cheers!! :wave:

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
That will work great i would start them in april though when more light can hit them through out the day.

thanks for the feedback!

what would you think about running them year round in it, one harvest after the other? it's not going to be my main source of bud, but I figure I could do seed or hash runs in the winter(very mild weather) at least. maybe start them out inside a few weeks before harvesting the others, then move them out. good/bad idea?

Jahkaya

Do you have a good south facing area for this? I am not sure how well they would do with only 10 hours of light in the winter, but you could definitely get some seed or hash from them. I think that would work great so long as you have enough sun.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Yeah definitely the more light the better. You gotta remember that these plants really love 24/7 light so the lower light regimen you put them through it will most likely reduce yield.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
chubbynugs said:
Yeah definitely the more light the better. You gotta remember that these plants really love 24/7 light so the lower light regimen you put them through it will most likely reduce yield.

You would think that... but no. Can you honestly compare the sun's intensity to a HID? Its been shown that autoflowers will yield as much, if not more when grown outside. Of course they need direct sunlight for these effects.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I did a run with lowryders in a small greenhouse a couple of years ago, it's totally doable, just make sure you have some air conditioning in the end or you will get a shit load of mold in yer AF buds, as they are pretty hopeless when it comes to mold resistance.
End up looking like this:

Some good/ok ones too.. :smile:

Good luck m8