What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Durban x Auto Duck F1 - Bx To Duck

NeDank

High and welcome everyone,

Yesterday I planted a cross Auto Durban x Auto Duck 8 reg (2 per pot) and 1 Auto Duck fem in hope of back crossing to Auto Duck. I just love the webbed leaves and the smoke is good too.

Grow Specs

3'x5'x7' generic ebay tent
6 55w AutoCob LED's
24/0 Light Schedule
Promix BX with nothing added
10" round pots (roughly 1.5-2 gallon soil)
MaxiGro, MaxiBloom, Epsome Salt, Root Stim

My last grow with Auto Duck yielded 92g and Auto Durban 120g. The hybrid vigor should increase yield of Auto Duck. If not I'm happy with anything because the main focus is making a bx. Something new I'm trying is let em grow natural instead of topping or LST.

That is all for now. Have a nice day.

NeDank

Today is Day 1

8 of the seedlings have sprouted just waiting on the last one. Here's a pic of Auto Durban x Auto Duck

picture.php

Last edited:

NeDank

Today is day 7 and I would like to show you an update. All of the plants are doing wonderful. Today they got a first feeding of 1tsp MaxiGro.

On to the pics

The first 4 pics are Durban x Duck F1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lastly here is Auto Duck

picture.php

NeDank

Today is day 12

All plants look healthy and are growing well.

On to the pics

Auto Duck

picture.php

Auto Durban x Auto Duck

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NeDank

I watered a second time today they got a feeding of MaxiGro 2 tsp and 1/2 tbs Epsom Salt.

NeDank

Today is day 20

Still haven't gave a third feeding but soon they will need it. All of the plants look really healthy. I'm super happy with how everyone of them is preforming.

On to the pics

Auto Duck
picture.php

Auto Durban x Auto Duck side view. As you can see she has a great structure already.

picture.php

More Auto Durban x Auto Duck

picture.php

picture.php

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nedank,
Webbed leaves seem to be recessive genes by seeing your cross .
Backcross won't bring them back .
You would have more chance to dig the f2 and f3 from your cross for that .
To keep a recessive gene you have to cross it with similar one.
:tiphat:

NeDank

Nedank,
Webbed leaves seem to be recessive genes by seeing your cross .
Backcross won't bring them back .
You would have more chance to dig the f2 and f3 from your cross for that .
To keep a recessive gene you have to cross it with similar one.
:tiphat:

If it doesn't work no big deal this is all just an experiment. I'm having fun and will get weed. Plus I really like the Durban x Duck auto so far. Thanks for the advise.

NeDank

I think I may have waited too long to feed. The plants are smaller than last round. Here's a rough comparison

Current round

picture.php

Last round (Urban Legends)

picture.php

By the time they were defoliated last round the plants were quite a bit bigger.

NeDank

Day 26

The Durban Ducks are doing well! So is miss Ducky. Preflower has just started for most of the plants. One male in particular is fast. idk if I want to keep him or not but he is the fastest to flower but is small. Depends on if I find another male.

On to the pics

Miss Ducky
picture.php

Durban Ducks
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The male
picture.php

NeDank

The female Auto Duck I used for the initial cross showed around week 5 to 6 so that pheno would be a perfect male. I'm hoping for a later male to show in one of the pots but so far it's looking like a lot of fems and one early male. If he is the only one I will still use him because Auto Duck is already showing fem too.

I'm already planning the next grow 2 Auto Durban x Auto Critical Kush (ACK was a huge plant) and 2 Auto Durban x Auto Killer Cookie + a few more Urban Legends strains I haven't had the chance to grow yet.

NeDank

Here is a post I did for another forum on bud from my last grow

I just store bud in zip lock bags. This probably isn't as good as freezing or jars but I would need too many jars and the freezer is full. Here is some bud that has been in zip lock bags for 3 months. All are still nice and squishy yet dry enough to smoke

Stash
picture.php

A handful of Durban Auto
picture.php

Durban Nug
picture.php

Maybe I'll buy a small chest freezer to put the bags in

Latest posts

Latest posts