What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

afterthought autos TESTERS wanted!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone interested in testing/grow & showing results for afterthought autos and cataloging posts in the IC Mag Autoflower section, please contact us!

Prefer to mail in USA/Canada, esp. with COVID going to Post Office. Our state has had a dramatic increase this past week.

Either our autos, CBD HEMP autos or post on our SeedBay thread for photoperiods we've developed.

BE SAFE! WEAR A MASK!

Thanks, one and all!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
you know im in arid, but i wont be doing another outdoor grow until next spring
i could make some room under the lights this winter but im not flipping the switch until prob later oct/ early nov
i will do anything i can to help

ive grown out afterthought autos before and they really changed my outlook on the auto scene

/good luck to all others!!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you know im in arid, but i wont be doing another outdoor grow until next spring
i could make some room under the lights this winter but im not flipping the switch until prob later oct/ early nov
i will do anything i can to help

ive grown out afterthought autos before and they really changed my outlook on the auto scene

/good luck to all others!!

That's the cool thing about autos....give them the plentiful rays growing along side photos. If you have about 85 days to spare with at least 18/6 lighting (time including mailing/receiving seeds), sure thing, pop_rocks!

If you're flipping soon, wait until your photo grow is finished. We can still send...or have you try a new auto.

Collaborating with Female Seeds, we're amping up what they've made in the past to share with them, other seeds sites we're on and, of course, direct.

Thanks for your kudos and experiencing afterthought autos.

Did you go to Texas? Hoping it was a fun trek.

Let us know!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
the dates got pushed back but im still heading out to the lone star state
/thanks for the good wishes friend!

ive tried growing out a few different autos, but yours really stood out
even compared to top line full photo seeds, afterthought autos held their own
im flexible as far as time lines go; i have an outdoor grow going during the season as well as an indoor room im going to restart here soon
this is big news bro and im excited to hear more about your collaboration with female seeds!
/maybe you can share some info about that with us now?

MallardDuck

Exciting news... I have heard some great things about Female seeds as well as yourself!

I would be into it, but I only do outdoor so I wont be able to to anything until next season. I imagine you are looking for a faster timeline than that. I really enjoy doing journals as I found out this year on IC mag.

I love Autos! Growing outside at 55N is tough as it is, not having to worry about mold and bad late season weather is a blessing. I really appreciate all the work breeders put in to make these strains that work well for me. Really interested in your work and plan to try it one way or another.

Good luck with your new endeavors!

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exciting news... I have heard some great things about Female seeds as well as yourself!

I would be into it, but I only do outdoor so I wont be able to to anything until next season. I imagine you are looking for a faster timeline than that. I really enjoy doing journals as I found out this year on IC mag.

I love Autos! Growing outside at 55N is tough as it is, not having to worry about mold and bad late season weather is a blessing. I really appreciate all the work breeders put in to make these strains that work well for me. Really interested in your work and plan to try it one way or another.

Good luck with you new endeavors!

Hey MD-
Thanks! We've been at it for almost 15 years (autos) and our photoperiods have spanned even longer.

Due to a growing shift in healing oneself, we delved into CBD strains maybe 8 years ago and now hemp starting our 4th year.

Do contact us before you start your outdoors venture. We like all types of grows, and mediums and would love to have you grow out some of our work.

gp7zx69 (you can see his work under "New Decade..." in afterthought autos Private Breeders section of SeedBay threads)has shown for several years what our gear can do in Newfoundland/Labrador area outdoors, both autos and our hemp hybrids.

And funny....more than one member here has commented about remarks made with RIU member, a showdown between Mephisto and afterthought. It would have been a more even 'duel' had it been similar genetics. Mephisto (which has some of our early work from 2012, and possibly part of their repertoire) strain grew a wee bit larger (forget what strain they pitted against us, the grower, that is; we took home the POTENCY (and taste)PRIZE!

Some of you may not be aware, by feminizing, it strips valuable RNA in the plant and potency is part of the RNA code. While it's simpler (or lazier) given that autos show their sex 3-4 weeks into grows, regular seeds have all the rewards awaiting!

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the dates got pushed back but im still heading out to the lone star state
/thanks for the good wishes friend!

ive tried growing out a few different autos, but yours really stood out
even compared to top line full photo seeds, afterthought autos held their own
im flexible as far as time lines go; i have an outdoor grow going during the season as well as an indoor room im going to restart here soon
this is big news bro and im excited to hear more about your collaboration with female seeds!
/maybe you can share some info about that with us now?

Right on PR!

Mr. B and I had been exchanging info for months and COVID threw a wrench in sending seeds. Finally, I was able to send several of our autos and photoperiods to them and likewise, received their gear to work with.

So, we're growing out several Female Seeds photos to see what would meld well together that we grow. Winter will be our auto amp up. We plan to take their seeds to another level in gene pool.

Not sure what Female Seed's breeder Gennaro is going to do with our selections. Imagine add to their strains/lineage.

MallardDuck

Hey MD-
Thanks! We've been at it for almost 15 years (autos) and our photoperiods have spanned even longer.

Due to a growing shift in healing oneself, we delved into CBD strains maybe 8 years ago and now hemp starting our 4th year.

Do contact us before you start your outdoors venture. We like all types of grows, and mediums and would love to have you grow out some of our work.

gp7zx69 (you can see his work under "New Decade..." in afterthought autos Private Breeders section of SeedBay threads)has shown for several years what our gear can do in Newfoundland/Labrador area outdoors, both autos and our hemp hybrids.

And funny....more than one member here has commented about remarks made with RIU member, a showdown between Mephisto and afterthought. It would have been a more even 'duel' had it been similar genetics. Mephisto (which has some of our early work from 2012, and possibly part of their repertoire) strain grew a wee bit larger (forget what strain they pitted against us, the grower, that is; we took home the POTENCY (and taste)PRIZE!

Some of you may not be aware, by feminizing, it strips valuable RNA in the plant and potency is part of the RNA code. While it's simpler (or lazier) given that autos show their sex 3-4 weeks into grows, regular seeds have all the rewards awaiting!

Wow just checked out the "New Decade" thread. Really cool stuff happening in there!

Regarding Mephisto, a friend of mine grew some of them out this summer, and honestly I cant see what all the hype was about. By no means were they bad but they didn't blow me away either. My autos I grew from ACE were much better IMO. For sure more unique than Mephisto. Im sure Mephisto makes good beans but I have a feeling they are better at the marketing part rather that the breeding part. :chin:

Anyways back to the subject at hand. I will for sure contact you next year! I want to try you guys out one way or another!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow just checked out the "New Decade" thread. Really cool stuff happening in there!

Regarding Mephisto, a friend of mine grew some of them out this summer, and honestly I cant see what all the hype was about. By no means were they bad but they didn't blow me away either. My autos I grew from ACE were much better IMO. For sure more unique than Mephisto. Im sure Mephisto makes good beans but I have a feeling they are better at the marketing part rather that the breeding part. :chin:

Anyways back to the subject at hand. I will for sure contact you next year! I want to try you guys out one way or another!

Many that aren't familiar with autos say Mephisto is the bomb. I can tell you, nope.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=371570

Whenever you're ready, let us know.

WelderDan

Veteran
I think it's about time I check out what autos have to offer. I've been hearing good things about the latest autos and I'm intrigued.

Big M

Looking forward to watching everyone's results! I've got a few afterthought autos chillin in the fridge, waiting for their turn. Can't decide what to try first, but most likely the Azure Rocket. Still in super seed saver mode right now, so I would like to grab some afterthought photos at some point to help build a solid stock. I could see some room for an early finishing photo in the rotation come spring. Either way, excited to see some afterthought grows!

Sunshineinabag

Anyone interested in testing/grow & showing results for afterthought autos and cataloging posts in the IC Mag Autoflower section, please contact us!

Prefer to mail in USA/Canada, esp. with COVID going to Post Office. Our state has had a dramatic increase this past week.

Either our autos, CBD HEMP autos or post on our SeedBay thread for photoperiods we've developed.

BE SAFE! WEAR A MASK!

Thanks, one and all!

I'd be willing to put a plant or two into 5 gallons of VCC fort vee and have em under LEDs this winter

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking forward to watching everyone's results! I've got a few afterthought autos chillin in the fridge, waiting for their turn. Can't decide what to try first, but most likely the Azure Rocket. Still in super seed saver mode right now, so I would like to grab some afterthought photos at some point to help build a solid stock. I could see some room for an early finishing photo in the rotation come spring. Either way, excited to see some afterthought grows!

Thanks, Big M!
If in the USA/Canada, we have an assortment of photoperiods for testing to help with your seed stock.

Let us know!! Scroll "About Us" after clicking on aridbud to find communication source.

NeDank

If the offer still stands after my apartment inspection in Jan/Feb I'd be willing to help you guys out.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Hey bud, I'm just finishing up my workshop rebuild. I'll have to contact you after my next seed run. I'm currently enjoying some of that Gas &Guns rosin from my test grow last year.
picture.php

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
I think it's about time I check out what autos have to offer. I've been hearing good things about the latest autos and I'm intrigued.

theyre gr8. aft and arid do it the best. no bs, just gr8 genez. been buyin their gear and growing aft almost 10 yrs. good peepz.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey bud, I'm just finishing up my workshop rebuild. I'll have to contact you after my next seed run. I'm currently enjoying some of that Gas &Guns rosin from my test grow last year.
View Image

Sure thing, Reiko! Whenever you're ready, let me know.

I never got into dabs. The Gas & Guns good goo is awesome! Looks yummy! After 5 pulmonary emboli in 2011, (just about this time of year I drove myself to ER from Jemez to RR Lovelace Westside Hospital).....ER said had I waited an hour more, I wouldn't be writing this. Gulp!! A few years later, the dots were connected (and academic papers written) to know it's a vascular/immune response issue not apparent with the inflammatory stuff I had going on at the time.

My doc says be very sparing on bong hits, so it's mostly CBD capsules these days. Never could find a vape I liked, trying a half dozen, Pax, the Volcano, other contraptions. Have a bubbler bong....does the job quite adequately for as little as I imbibe. Getting old, but still kicking!! ;o)

Glad you're enjoying the G&G! Have several from another forum that like it, as well.