What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

afterthought autos TESTERS wanted!

G

Some of you may not be aware, by feminizing, it strips valuable RNA in the plant and potency is part of the RNA code.

Any link/book/scientific essay you base this on?Talking about the potency part.Sounds more like broscience/urban legend to me.Would really like to be proven wrong though.

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh man, Arid, I'd love to but currently can't and am in Europe.
I'd love to try and wrestle some autos into a scrog under LED.

Hopefully sometime in the future.
Take care and stay healthy!
CC

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any link/book/scientific essay you base this on?Talking about the potency part.Sounds more like broscience/urban legend to me.Would really like to be proven wrong though.

Nah, basic science. Ask Kyle Kushman for reference. In meantime, I'll dig through my botany text books.

You don't have to believe it.

Eaten watermelon that had seeds vs. seedless GMO altered watermelons? Full ripeness flavor isn't there, taste isn't there, it's pithy. It's a watermelon, but not the juiciness of seeded watermelon of yore.

Same goes with grains, any organisms that has been genetically altered (seedless, feminized, etc.).

Stripping RNA by whatever means produces a plant, but it's lost certain RNA strands that which I mentioned. That was from a TED talk 3 yrs ago but I do have the text to back it up.

Kyle's talk in Denver 2014 basically said similar regarding regular and feminized seed. He's on your side of the globe.....contact him!

Last edited:
G

Nah, basic science. Ask Kyle Kushman for reference. In meantime, I'll dig through my botany text books.

You don't have to believe it.

Sure I don't ,sounds like I shouldn't,too ! "Basic science" is a very broad term...I believe I'm educated enough to understand,you can try me.

I haven't had the honour of knowing in personal this Kushman guy,so maybe you could quote him?

You can check here if you want, we were having this discussion by coincidence since yesterday.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377301&page=3

Bring your books if you like .

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't always auto, but when I do, I Afterthought Auto!
Same goes for Corona cerveza....Mmmmmmm! Fishing and yard work brewski!

Thanks, Lester. I still guffaw after all these tears of your "bean stalk". Talk about skeltered genetic disposition......Haaaaa!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sure I don't ,sounds like I shouldn't,too ! "Basic science" is a very broad term...I believe I'm educated enough to understand,you can try me.

I haven't had the honour of knowing in personal this Kushman guy,so maybe you could quote him?

You can check here if you want, we were having this discussion by coincidence since yesterday.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377301&page=3

Bring your books if you like .

Do you know the difference between RNA and DNA....basic science. Verdant, looks like, talking DNA.

Have a lot on my plate, but will get back to you.

I know an Ag professor at NMSU mentioned same thing I talked about. And potency, although it's minimal, it does show in testing, GMO (feminized) less potent.

Several hemp farmers in COLO refuse to grow feminized hemp because of the same. It's out there.

Do your own study in the meantime. Short Stuff/Flash has regular seed and feminized seed. After finishing, do a TLC test on it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To those contacting....forgot today is a holiday, no mail service. Stay tuned.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you doing the TLC testing in house or having a lab do it?

So far, in home kit testing (not the DIY type that has been explained here). Several testing kits from CO and OR plus and chemistry solution/lab equipment borrowed from a degradation lab I worked for briefly, Eden Labs. It's an adequate, but not uber precise number with chemistry print out.

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
If I understand correctly this is meant for US only?
Any chance to try something in EU?

Cheers

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I understand correctly this is meant for US only?
Any chance to try something in EU?

Cheers

Yes, USA/CA only, COVID through P.O. Once COVID eases up a bit, can have you try next spring, if inclined.

We do have gear on SeedBay, yet realize you want to test vs. purchase.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Did finally reach Kyle in his talk in 2014 Denver Cup...a lot of emails, discussion boards in order to get him to respond. At that time he said, varying feminization techniques could pose hermaphroditic traits. By having REGULAR seeds, you can sift through, finding best phenos, hence higher potency. Stressing them (as I conversed with NMSU Ag professor), it IS similar to chile peppers. Stress them, it plant fruit becomes hotter....that's why you don't pick after heavily irrigated or rains....let changes the Scoville measures (heat index).

Having seeds from commercial breeders, LOTS (where seeds are taken from) can vary, as well.

HORTSCIENCE 55(8):1206–1209. 2020. https://doi.org/10.21273/HORTSCI15061-20
Comparing Genotypic and Phenotypic
Variation of Selfed and Outcrossed
Progeny of Hemp

https://www.annaschwabe.com/research

Reached out to Dr. Schwabe a few times to ask/answer questions on hemp growing and her research. Invaluable!

"Although epigenetics may play a role and potentially result in phenotypic variance, but this has not been well studied in plants or clonal organisms, let alone Cannabis.
Also, there have been discussions among geneticists that there are no true females- only males and hermaphrodites. I don't know how I feel about that. But- it makes sense, in that every female has the potential to express male traits."

Herr dissertation:
https://digscholarship.unco.edu/dissertations/554/
A Multifaceted Approach to Address Variation in Cannabis Sativa

https://youtu.be/t9c_LrKWVAM

https://youtu.be/GUNVYgQbUOw

G

Wow arid...So much scientific papers just to say that by SELECTION you can get more potent plants? You can select fems too mate.So your argument does not come to higher potency but sexual stabilty.
I will check the papers but this is not what we were discussing.Me at least :biggrin:

Lotto

Arid
If the offer is still good, I'd love to try your autos. Many decades of cultivation, both in and out.
Results will be posted in Auto thread. Your neck of the woods, zone 5b.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow arid...So much scientific papers just to say that by SELECTION you can get more potent plants? You can select fems too mate.So your argument does not come to higher potency but sexual stabilty.
I will check the papers but this is not what we were discussing.Me at least :biggrin:

Yes....however....did you read Dr. Schwabe's last paper?

FEMS do have phenotypes, just not as many.

Really, Sid, I don't give a flying fart what you think, or read, or comprehend.

I told you I'd find out....NMSU Dean Rolando A. Flores supplied me with some of the answers. Other hemp related articles, other professionals.

Go pesk your little tribe....Gorilla auto from Fastbuds has been reversed in 2018....yeah, I'm aware.

Moving on...............

Last edited:
G

"Really, Sid, I don't give a flying fart what you think, or read, or comprehend."

You don' t have to be rude because you are not answering to my question and I told you so.You are nervous and it shows.

I thought I was having a civil conversation.I was wrong to think so.You can keep answering your own questions to yourself and keep sniffing your own farts.

I'm outta here.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Really, Sid, I don't give a flying fart what you think, or read, or comprehend."

You don' t have to be rude because you are not answering to my question and I told you so.You are nervous and it shows.

I thought I was having a civil conversation.I was wrong to think so.You can keep answering your own questions to yourself and keep sniffing your own farts.

I'm outta here.

Nope, not scared, not alarmed, NOT anything regarding you and your 2 thumbs up posts and your responses. Actually, talking to Dr. Schwabe, it was enlightening.
Good to see you skip along, Sid. Adios!!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Arid
If the offer is still good, I'd love to try your autos. Many decades of cultivation, both in and out.
Results will be posted in Auto thread. Your neck of the woods, zone 5b.

Once you get to 50 posts, contact us via PM. We'll work something out.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TESTERS WANTEWD FOR AUTOS and a few CBD AUTO HEMP SELECTIONS

TESTERS WANTEWD FOR AUTOS and a few CBD AUTO HEMP SELECTIONS

TESTERS, calling DEPENDABLE TESTERS, in the USA.

Out of seven (7) TESTER packages, only TWO (2) are posting, one who recently purchased direct from us. The THOSE great folks, a hearty thank you!! Scrog, you were tremendous in your updates. Welder Dan and also, BOMBAY CAT, way to grow!

Guys (those sitting on afterthought TESTER gear), start your engines and crack those beans!!

So, looking for a few more RELIABLE, post worthy folks willing to TEST our recent finishes:

Critical x Lebanese/Blue
Blend of CBD Hemp AUTOS: Tranquil x Auto CBD hemp hybrid
Midnight Cowboy, a Sweet Tooth/Headband hybrid
Jack/Bomb

We want SERIOUS folks who will follow through.

PM if interested. Thanks much!