What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Respected AF breeders?

raCURE

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere but I couldn’t find it.

Planning my next grow (May) and set on trying autoflowers.

I’ve heard great things about BF but just curious who the other respected/trusted breeders are for AF genetics so that I can have a look what’s available.

raC :canabis:

I wood

I have only heard good things about Afterthought autos, never personally grown any but would start with them if i decided to go that way.

Gone Camping

Mephisto, but they just shut down over the virus.

Night Owl, daz from Mephisto's work.

If your into Sativa check out Ace's subforum here.

Heard good things about Afterthought, Rocbud and Wicked Pissah but have never run their gear.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks folks for the kudos!! Starting year #15....developing strains for every appetite!
BOREAL SEEDS in Canada, (eh?!) is another to consider.

Last edited:

bibi40

Just knowing about what i had grow ,
Urban legends with Gorilla cookies ,
Female seeds with WWxBB ,
great things with Sweet seeds ( cream mandarine , killer kush and sweet gelato ) ,
some good returns about Afterthough auto too , but don' t try them by myself .

Good research and try , please share :biggrin:

:tiphat:

bibi40

been curious about this one a while. what was your experience? :tiphat:

sorry about the confused words ,
that' s the only strain i listed i didn't grow personnaly ,
i just saw and taste some of a friend wich was really potent , couchlock kush effect and very kushy and earthy taste with tones of pink grapefruit .
i' m used to grow Killer kush F1 fast version for many years ( wich was created from the killer kush auto ) and i can said they are really similar in all points .
hope it will help you ...

raCURE

Just knowing about what i had grow ,
Urban legends with Gorilla cookies ,
Female seeds with WWxBB ,
great things with Sweet seeds ( cream mandarine , killer kush and sweet gelato ) ,
some good returns about Afterthough auto too , but don' t try them by myself .

Good research and try , please share :biggrin:

Cheers bibi40!

Man those sweet seed strains look amazing. Really interested in a few auto strains and their red genetics !

:canabis: raC

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Just my experience, hope it helps someone.

I think with autos it's more about the growers. Man it is hard to grow autos after growing photos only. Any stresses cause decrease in yield and quality. That being said, learning how to properly grow autos, lots of auto strains out there will be good.

I have tried quite a few and from my personal experience Mephisto plants grew well in my less than dialed grow as did Dutch passion. The result was weak bud that pissed me off.

I grew quite a few AfterThought autos and didn't really have a grasp on the auto growing. The plants put up with my crap and remained healthy and flowering under 20/4 hr light cycle, and yielded a respectable amount. The BIG difference is the potency. Their flowers got me ripped. I enjoyed the smoke and no one believed it was an auto.

Since then I properly grew a gifted DP auto Blackberry kush and it yielded like a beast. Problem was no one wanted to smoke the bud. I couldn't give it away. It makes me feel un-high if that makes sense. It feels like I havnt smoked in a week and jonsin' hard. The more I smoke the more I tweak for real weed haha.

Along with that DP I grew a AfterThought 20 Gauge and although the yield wasn't as high it really smoked. I liked it went right through it. It was then I realized that autos were just fine it was mostly me that was the problem with autos.

I don't think any grower is going to make Dutch passion autos potent. Or Fastbuds gawd what misery I went through with those.

So after hopefully skimming that wad of nonsense my best advice is After Thought. The plants are really easy to grow, which is a bonus, and the potency is tops in my book. Let's face it, potency is where it's at, and they understand that.

superx

Veteran
Personally I have never grow any autos and have no desire for now. I have friends though who have grown out several autos from sweet seeds and continue to do so, the ones i sampled had nice flavour and didn't lack in the potency department They seem to be on there game.

Sunshineinabag

boreal

boreal

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere but I couldn’t find it.

Planning my next grow (May) and set on trying autoflowers.

I’ve heard great things about BF but just curious who the other respected/trusted breeders are for AF genetics so that I can have a look what’s available.

raC :canabis:

Check out boreal you wont be disapointed

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
another vote afterthought autos
ive grown out a few of his strains last year and was very happy with the results
they were fast plants that pretty much grew themselves, plus the smoke was up there with the other outdoors plants ive grown
they also have a huge catalog of varieties too so most will find something they like

added bonus: aridbud is an active member here and very easy to talk to

'Boogieman'

Just my experience, hope it helps someone.

I think with autos it's more about the growers. Man it is hard to grow autos after growing photos only. Any stresses cause decrease in yield and quality. That being said, learning how to properly grow autos, lots of auto strains out there will be good.

I have tried quite a few and from my personal experience Mephisto plants grew well in my less than dialed grow as did Dutch passion. The result was weak bud that pissed me off.

I grew quite a few AfterThought autos and didn't really have a grasp on the auto growing. The plants put up with my crap and remained healthy and flowering under 20/4 hr light cycle, and yielded a respectable amount. The BIG difference is the potency. Their flowers got me ripped. I enjoyed the smoke and no one believed it was an auto.

Since then I properly grew a gifted DP auto Blackberry kush and it yielded like a beast. Problem was no one wanted to smoke the bud. I couldn't give it away. It makes me feel un-high if that makes sense. It feels like I havnt smoked in a week and jonsin' hard. The more I smoke the more I tweak for real weed haha.

Along with that DP I grew a AfterThought 20 Gauge and although the yield wasn't as high it really smoked. I liked it went right through it. It was then I realized that autos were just fine it was mostly me that was the problem with autos.

I don't think any grower is going to make Dutch passion autos potent. Or Fastbuds gawd what misery I went through with those.

So after hopefully skimming that wad of nonsense my best advice is After Thought. The plants are really easy to grow, which is a bonus, and the potency is tops in my book. Let's face it, potency is where it's at, and they understand that.

I'm curious which mephisto strains you tried? I smoked forum stomper and was surprised from the potency. I'm interested in potent autos for outdoors and need to check out afterthoughts autos.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look at SeedBay for UK/Euro folks. Ours (afterthought autos), Urban Legend, a few others, I think.

Appreciate the thumbs up for afterthought. Yields have increased by developing new strains. There are still many that like incognito or small/medium grows. Almost 15 years we've been at it!

raCURE

Look at SeedBay for UK/Euro folks. Ours (afterthought autos), Urban Legend, a few others, I think.

Appreciate the thumbs up for afterthought. Yields have increased by developing new strains. There are still many that like incognito or small/medium grows. Almost 15 years we've been at it!

I plan on venturing over to SeedBay tonight, just a little worried on price inflation there. Isn’t it an auction site?