What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Autoflowering Trip 2018

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi high people !

This thread will be done from present actions to explanations.

I have to experiment theory :

picture.php

So , what's going on right now in my cab and on the little terrace ?

Auto's season was started at the beginning of march here.
A 10 pack of Deimos auto reg from buddha seeds was launched indoor .

The goal is clearly to taste the Deimos, it has a great reputation about its potency, and to make few f2 and also few other little crosses as well .

So 8/10 seeds popped . And it was awful . Seedlings were snatching their own cotyledons and were carrying deficiencies, and mutations .
Just bad luck ... that's the game with alive materials, I'm not angry against Alchimia where I bought the seeds or against the brand buddha seeds .

Whatever, I have now 1 very nice "normal" selected deimos male and 3 females , 1 normal female, and 2 others with little mutations .

The male went on the terrace few days ago, it's sunny right now .
But the fresh temperatures made him purple-ishing .

First day outdoor :

picture.php
picture.php

Yesterday :

picture.php

Today :

picture.php

Apparently, it's time to work !!!

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So, right , the male is on the terrace, what else ?

So, right , the male is on the terrace, what else ?

As I was saying, I have the females indoor, under 400w hps and 96w led (given for 200w) .

So 3 Deimos females in 14 liters pots.

I popped 6 auto reg seeds from my Sour Rocket 60 f4 stash . I had 5 females ! I killed the male .
Sour Rocket 60 was made by Corsaire few years ago , this a little and fast auto. Seeds are BIG !

picture.php

It's something like Sour 60 x ( russian rocket fuel x Sour 60 ) .

(exact pedigree here: https://www.opengrow.com/topic/47024-autos-are-making-much-progress/ the link will work in 3 days)

I had a dozen of f3 beans from him 2 years ago . The first try was so impressive that I have made f4 beans .

I popped 4 Sour Cheese Auto f3 also , and had only 1 female .
Exactly same story as sour rocket 60 .

Sour Cheese Auto was made by Corsaire few years ago , this a little and fast auto.

I had a dozen of f2 beans from him 2 years ago . The first try was so impressive that I have made f3 beans .

Pedigree is Cheese Candy Auto (delicious seeds) x sour rocket 60 .
I would prefer to name her Sour Candy . It's a strong fast indica but I can't taste or smell the cheese side .
Whatever, I have the project to inbred it one more time to f4 to fix some traits .

The deimos are 40 days old . The other ones around 30/33 days old.

Few days ago:

General view :

picture.php
picture.php

SCA Stretching
picture.php

So the plan is about :
- To pollinate only the first 2 lower branches on each female plants to not affect the weed production .
- To kill the male .
- To put all those females on the terrace in flowering stage .

I'm out of space ! So I will have some free space for the new seedlings I soaked 48 hours ago ... :biggrin:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like a plan on residual plants....good luck!
Not all breeders or companies are scammers.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Good work you're doing there. I'm fascinated by autos but haven't yet grown them. I feel a little intimidated by all the various companies that sell them and which to go with. For a while, and even now, a lot of bad rumors and myths have circulated about autos (low potency, tend to be picky about nutes, watering, transplanting, generally weak plants, etc.)

For me since I grow outdoors, there would be a huge advantage with them as I could get an early harvest while waiting for my photoperiods later in the season.

Anyways I've subbed and will be following your thread. :lurk:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good work you're doing there. I'm fascinated by autos but haven't yet grown them. I feel a little intimidated by all the various companies that sell them and which to go with. For a while, and even now, a lot of bad rumors and myths have circulated about autos (low potency, tend to be picky about nutes, watering, transplanting, generally weak plants, etc.)

For me since I grow outdoors, there would be a huge advantage with them as I could get an early harvest while waiting for my photoperiods later in the season.

Anyways I've subbed and will be following your thread. :lurk:

Yeah for sure, there are some golden rules to follow with autos .

No transplanting . Because the main roots is scanning the bottom of the pot and secondary roots the quantity of soil for a correct bloom .

So big pots are a plus, and long shapes special autos too . 18/20 liters .

https://www.alchimiaweb.com/en/12x12-cm-square-plate-product-3965.php

Aerated soil (1/3 coco) . And small waterings to raise their metabolism up .

You have to be super aware on vegging stage ! It's better to start them under 20hours of light if you can , for a sure strong start.

But if you follow those rules . And surely others I forget . They are easy to grow .

:tiphat:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time to cook some MakiZushi !

Time to cook some MakiZushi !

I'm out of space ! So I will have some free space for the new seedlings I soaked 48 hours ago ...

So next round will be more serious.
I soaked 4 diesel automatic .

picture.php

- 2x Ice Cool Auto from Sweet Seeds
- 2x Sour Diesel Autofem from Dinafem

(I will pop them a sr60 husband 1 week later)

Here the ice cool, the 2 other ones are exactly at the same stage.
picture.php

So it is perfect timing to make some cheap Makizushi !

picture.php

picture.php

Now lightmix and water :

picture.php

Now the seedlings are in a safe place for the night .
I will work on their definitive pots tomorrow.

Last edited:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A new life popped !

A new life popped !

An Ice Cool came to light .
(Sorry for the bad pictures)

picture.php

Time to wash a 20 liters autoflo pot :

picture.php

To put enough clay peebles to go over the water tray max level.
This way,I have a nice air buffer zone to take care of the roots .

picture.php

picture.php

My soil was already ready : 2/3 plagron royal mix 1/3 enhanced ugrow cocomix 2 spoon of mineral magic 50 grams batguano .

But in the end , I put a 1 liter pot where my seedling is going to be .

picture.php

Last edited:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pot removal and then 1 liter of LIGHTMIX to not burn my babies !
picture.php

Little shower, and then MAKIZUSHI with baby in ! :)

picture.php

It may look ridiculous for now . But that's the way to make a nice harvest per plant .

A little overview :

picture.php

All those females are (slightly) pollinated now, the male is still outdoor and had to face a terrible weather . They will go outside soon .

This Deimos female is quite BUSHY isn't it ? (42days)

picture.php

Last edited:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Hi Whipemeat ! Thanks to jump in !
Thanks again Aribud ! I will do my best .
I have already tried plastic airpots but little 7 liters only (I have 8 of those). Down right corner, that was autos indoor :

picture.php

I don't have 20 liters ones . A unity is more expensive compared to mine .
I was amazed in front of Jaypp Cream Mandarine XL video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVqmHZloMbI

But sure, those new tech pots are a nice bet .
What's the heavier on the scale ? 0xygen atoms !

Well, the interest for autos is to get some 20 liters ones . I will try one big soon here, for experiment ! I can do some test if they are not too expensives .

Overall those textile pots are very easy to store !

Have nice grows guys ! :tiphat:

Last edited:

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
anyway, i am not fan to bring anything dirty under lamps, i prefer clean hydro than you don t need huge pots neither to autos nor anything

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyway, i am not fan to bring anything dirty under lamps, i prefer clean hydro than you don t need huge pots neither to autos nor anything

It's easier to get an earthy taste from soil and coco than from clay peebles while it is surely donable in 100% cocomix.
And everything is done to be finished outdoor on the terrace . I just was not sure for the actual deimos run . ( Indoor ? Outdoor ? Weather ? )

P.S: Please ! Don't tickle my hydro skills .
They are at the bottom of a dirty old woobox, deep in the deepest cave of my brain . :biggrin: . And while the angel voice is saying :" Don't touch chemical and your penis !" , the devilish one is saying : " Facking do it dude ! Touch them both ! "

" I don't want to be the one the battle always choose ... ♪♫ "

:D :D NEXT POST : How to make a cheap DWC ! :D :D

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
yee tuchdem XD
everything is chemistry even you tooo, all of you are in the periodic table :D
it can be proved by chromatoghraphy :DDDDD
there are no differences all molecules, are molecules. . n p k
no i don t like dwc D: i like the topfeed on grodan table with a recirculating system using the cheapest nutrients XD

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
(exact pedigree here: https://www.opengrow.com/topic/47024...much-progress/ the link will work in 3 days)

So the link is working again . The post is from 2013 and talk about f2 seeds . So it is an old short strain . Don't compare it to 4th generation autos !

The Sour Rocket 60 exact pedigree is :

Sour Rocket 60 => Sour 60 F3 (f) X Sour Rocket Fuel (m)

Sour 60 => Lowryder x Masterkush x Blueberry x Sour

Sour Rocket Fuel => Sour 60 F3 (f) x Russian Rocket Fuel F3 Auto (m)

Personnaly I'm more interested in the Russian Rocket Fuel side of this strain . Perhaps I will dig this later .
Plants on this side have a nice diesel taste rounded by the indica side . The influence of sour strains is obvious in smell and taste on all plants .

Sour 60 is from MDanzig and Russian Rocket Fuel was surely from short stuff seedbank or a flash seeds version .
Whatever the brand, Russian Rocket Fuel is Stitch work.

:tiphat:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After few days of raining, yesterday evening was the day to start to pull few plants out .
The male is killed and the 3 tallest female plants are out on the terrace
I had to train a Deimos drastically . It was too tall, it's about security . Its not over the wall, the angle of the picture gives that impression .

picture.php

The sun is here, birds are singing , temp is 18°C ,that's really smelling spring time now !

picture.php

I have to clean the terrace from all those boards .

picture.php

So there's still few things indoor .

picture.php

The babies are are still babying and will stay under lamps for few weeks . I have also to find a solution to get less heat from this 400w bulb, it is ok for few next weeks but not for the whole summer .

picture.php

Last edited:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm actually brainstorming a lot about cob leds . I want something nice for both grow stages . Even if I need only Veg light without heat at the moment . It will be different next winter .

Because the CREE cobs CXB3590 3500K are goods for growing stage and to make big fruits . But are not so good in term of IR( Infra Red) .
The quality of the final product is more potent with Epistar leds .
( the one I have is an epistar led )

And I'm not sure to mix 3 of each like a european cob seller did is the solution . Because spectrums are not really mixed .

https://www.bionicled.com/BionicPan-P1200WC-led-grow-light

picture.php

The way to reinforce a CREE cob is more like this :

https://www.phytolite.com/clorofilla-cree-3070-line/

picture.php

So a NOAH 4S/6S/8S model with cxb3590 3500k would be a good candidate also . ( all the led factories in China are producing their own NOAH models, so you can find easily the wished one, this one is a noah 6 s with cree cobs )

picture.php

Last edited: