What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new to auto flowers

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Use 1/2 strength fertilizer w/ every other watering 3x. Then full strength every other watering for 2-3 weeks, lastly water to leach out fertilizer residue as the trichomes change.

the first three are in bud, the next group is still growing foliage as I planted about two weeks apart. This is my first auto grow experience, so the fact that I have them doing stuff is great. I ve been learning alot. I plan to get the art of growing auto s down. No problem with my regular girls, but once upon a time I couldn t get anywhere with them. I know that with practice, patience and persistence I will get this right too. Still can t believe how quickly my autos grew and budding :) Thank you all for sharing, I love this forum :)

Rackdales

This could be a dead thread but I've been searching for info on Azure rocket strain that Aribud posted. I have 2 azure autos going now. This is the purpling pheno that gets more purple everyday.
photo_zpsc8980f51.jpg.html

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Racksdales-
Nice getting the colored phenol of Azure Rocket! It's a very motivating strain, or it gets me moving, active, social. What do you want to know about it?

Rackdales

Aridbud,
I am really happy with this strain. It is exactly what I needed here in the urban Midwest. I havnt a smoke report yet as my 2 azure are only at 61 days. I got the beans on seedbay in April. Are these f1 genetics? I have 2 phenos, the short stout soda can size cola with side branching. Then I have the taller slender plant with slimmer longer cola and lots of side branching. The buds have turned solid purple. It has such a fruity aroma.
We're these intended for outdoor? I have found it to excel outdoors as it is unphased by pests. It has rained for 2 weeks here as well as humid. No sign of mold at all.
Does the colored pheno come from the blue Himalaya? Is the colored pheno rare? I hope to get a male and another purple next run.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rackdales- started a thread on AZURE ROCKET this morning. I'll cut paste your query and move over to thread to answer- ok?

........rounding the turn it's AKPassion in the lead followed by Spirit Haze and trailing behind is Little Dwarf and Blue Invader and back of the pack is Quick Poison.....

frostymantin

as far as i know the 2 biggest autoflowering varieties are big devil 2 / XL and also Think different, and i can confirm the think diff is growing 2x times faster than lowryder 2 type of auto's. normal mj plants grow alot faster than most auto's in the future, expect autos to reach 1.5 meters and same size as growing a normal plant for 3 months, and masses of side branches.

Early evening, after a warm sunny day I caught a delightful sweet scent a bit on earthy side from my Spirit Haze...a hopeful promise of goodness :)

Jhhnn

Veteran
Early evening, after a warm sunny day I caught a delightful sweet scent a bit on earthy side from my Spirit Haze...a hopeful promise of goodness :)

Indeed.

For future reference, I count myself as extremely lucky to have picked Samsara Ultraviolet as my first grow in 30 years. In growth & flower, they were extremely aromatic, reeking of skunky/ hashy/ piney/ rosemary goodness. Indoors, carbon filter odor control is an absolute necessity. That carries over into the taste & smell of the cured product, although it's somewhat subdued. Extremely smooth & delicious, quite stony & loaded with mental energy- easily over-toked as a consequence. Wish they weren't Fems.

Because of that, I intend to grow Soma's Lavender, the parent strain, sometime in the not too distant future. I'm still balking at the price, but it'll probably be worth it if I grow for seed the first go-round.

The second grow, Buddha's Syrup, yielded somewhat more, but lacks the aroma & taste of the ultraviolet. It's also more of a stupefying dumb ass smoke while being potent nonetheless. Nothing special, really.

Jhhnn

Veteran
My girls are still going. trichromes still clear, but they smell so good and look so resiny that it is hard to wait.

My limited experience is that they'll tell you when they're ready, with yellowing fan leaves & a growing number of orange/brown pistils. Plan on harvest within a few days of ten weeks from germination. They'll turn in that direction at the same accelerated pace of flowering.

It's OK to taste a little bit of the popcorn, strictly for scientific purposes, of course. If you like the effect more mellow, then you gotta wait a little longer.

Meanwhile, brush up on simon's seminal thread, "A perfect cure every time". It's a magnificent technique to get the best from your bud. Yummy!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My girls are still going. trichromes still clear, but they smell so good and look so resiny that it is hard to wait.
Perhaps take a small cutting to check. There's been a few strains I clipped just before milky trichs occurred....liked the UP clear effect.
Bravo on your grow!!

Jhhnn

Veteran
Perhaps take a small cutting to check. There's been a few strains I clipped just before milky trichs occurred....liked the UP clear effect.
Bravo on your grow!!

I like to take some of the small popcorn from the lower parts, just let it dry out for testing. Harsh smoke w/o a cure but it gives me an idea of what he finished product will be like. It's a good alternative to an early chop if your stash is temporarily embarrassed, a way to tide over until proper harvest time.

I knew a guy who just kept doing that until he finally harvested just the top bud from the tester plant.

That was years ago when we'd get ridiculous dry spells in the supply, and he never was any good at conserving a stash.

great ideas everyone. this has been an enjoyable journey. I have learned much so hopefully the next bunch will be even better. ICmag rocks :D

bongwater923

Hi Lady Cypher-

All good choices. Depending on heat factor outside..
.I've grown in containers and used gallon jugs with water to absorb heat during the day....help disperse heat as temps fall at night. Similar to wall-o-water protecting tomato plants.Think about yourself being in cold water or ground. Root growth won't prosper unless roots are cushioned and warm. Make sense?

Do you have in ground or in containers? I've used cellophane over the top soil of containers (3-5 gallon buckets) to incubate seed into cracking open, then remove plastic wrap. Just a suggestion. Or I start in party cups with holes drilled in bottom, pretty fluffy soil mix (perlite, sand and seedling mix) allowing aeration of roots, and keep inside until 2nd set of leaves....then transplant into last container throughout rest of cycle.

Too, find the best SOUTH facing area to maximize sun exposure. Use half strength nutrients so you don't fry the plant/seedling. I alter every other watering with water standing approx. a day to evaporate chlorine.

Saw Notorius a Zambeza strain- combo hybrid.

http://en.**********.eu/strain-info/Notorious_White/Zambeza/

Hey Brother, nice welcome for the new grower. I am very curious about the gallon jugs filled with water technique you speak of to absorb heat and disperse heat at night. Can you elaborate please? Where and how do you place the jugs of water around the containers? Thanks! peace...bongwater

Latest posts

Latest posts