This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    It would seem to me the point is stacking time over light period with AF. Perhaps coolbud is right doing anything less is like shooting yourself in the foot to save what a few cents to a couple bucks an hour.

To put it another way, a use of autoflowering is to be able to flower under the most light possible because the plant can use it. Electricity is cheap in comparison to plant yield, why pinch a few dollars and loose many more in yield. It's counter-intuitive to what the design and intent of the plant is.

As for rest... ask the plant in Alaska in summer if they need rest or if they are the world record holder's in size because of all the light they get in a short time. Just saying nature certainly provides the answers.

Leave a comment:

• coolbud
    replied
    You guys take autos to serious like its some sort of other thing then the normal varieties , cut the bullshit and grow it like the normal ones except the light schedule , give it 24/0 light till she's ready to harvest and feed her just like a normal plant and you will be fine , you can lst , scrog or w/e.auto's don't need pots bigger then 10L till they finish , 10l is more then enough.
    So stop making all these fancy threads telling us like you know everything about auto's cuz you dont.Mr Buddha your grow schedule sucks , ever since i started growing auto's i grew them 24/0 with no problem why is your light schedule 20/4 ? Don't tell me "She needs time to sleep"
    If people would have knew how good are auto's including yeld/flavour/quality they prolly try em but they get missguided by stupid threads just like this 1.
    Good luck and don't hate the player , hate the game.

Leave a comment:

• -~Wind Walker~-
    replied
    Originally posted by cheapwine View Post
    @BuddhaSeeds, what do you think ...Supercropping?
    CW, I tried both supercropping and LST.

I supercropped successfully once. The other times the branch just grew back to its orignal spot and slowed bud development. Very recently I have been very careful to not over do the bending, snapping, squishing etc. involved with SC. My experience has been due to the short time frame and rapid growth, that SC can be ineffective and slow growth due to the damage the plant is repairing. Besides, it seems like with the rudarius (sp??) / hemp genetics that the stalks and branches are um more bendy, thicker, fiberious and rope like i guess and just go back to the original area they started from.

LST is the way to go. I have used bambo stakes, chop sticks, bungi cords, fake flower arranging wire from hobby store, large pipe cleaners (again hobby store), heavy duty rubber bands, heavy duty rubber straps, commercial ties from hardware / grow center, etc. They all have worked extremely well for me.

Here is the thing, once I tie the plant down in the stretch stage the plant will basically take the shape of the LST that you have done.
    At that stage I either, release or untie the LST'ed branch(es) and sculpt another area, or just untie her and let her go wild!

I have an Ogre right now with 4 main colas and at least 6 secondary bud sites!

Finally, I have seen SCROG be effective with autos as well, but never have done it.

Good luck,
    -~WW~-

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ^ Amazing

Leave a comment:

• coolbud
    replied

8 weeks from seed she is Vertigo from Paradise Seeds , she grows in an 4.5 L container with biobizz light-mix soil + AN Iguana Juice Grow/Bloom + Big Bud + OverDrive + Piranha , she's in the flush stage at this moment and i lst'd her when she was little.Check out the grow journal if your interested in more pictures on how she grew.

Leave a comment:

• cheapwine
    replied
    @BuddhaSeeds, what do you think about training? LST, SCROG, Supercropping?
    Which one of these could be more effective for plant? What you can suggest with that kind of question? And maybe more tricks for outdoor? What kind of nutrients AF plant loves?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Out of curiosity, if light-hours affects quantity why run a dark period? 24 hours/day = More?

Leave a comment:

• budchopper
    replied
    what about magnum outdoor? any magnum pics? please..

Leave a comment:

• BuddhaSeeds
    replied
    For optimal results:
    250w (sodium): 20 hours of light, 4 dark.
    400w (sodium): 20 hours of light, 4 dark.
    600w (sodium): 18 hours of light, 6 dark.

If your plants get less hours could be affect.
    They take longer to start flowering and harvest, but nothing more.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by BuddhaSeeds View Post
    Autoflowering plants start to flowering about 20-35 days (Most of our strains about 22-25 days). It depends of strain you have
    Mine are not from your seed bank

They are ak47 femmed from Norden seeds.
    So i it can take up to 35 days before they show any flowers
    can i effect it by light ? Mine are under 18/6 now.

Leave a comment:

• BuddhaSeeds
    replied
    Autoflowering plants start to flowering about 20-35 days (Most of our strains about 22-25 days). It depends of strain you have

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Nice post
    So my plants are 20 days from seed now. So i should start to se some flower soon if i understan your guide

Leave a comment:

• budelight
    replied
    Those little monsters belong in my closet....

Good looks - thanks
    BeL

Leave a comment:

• BuddhaSeeds
    replied
    In this case, we get 80g/plant with Deimos (indoor)
    In outdoor, we get until 120g in the best plant we had.

Leave a comment:

• budelight
    replied
    How much did the plants in the first post weigh after dry?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X