What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

pineapple express in dwc

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
pineapple express aka automatic pineapple chunk :)

pineapple x uk cheese x ruderalis auto style

same as last time folks only this time im dropping the vitalink max and using my favourite canna nutrients as my base to work off

i wanna shoot for 6 - 7 oz in 10 week grow seed to weed and hopefully these babys will do just that or more :)

ive opted for a heavy indica strain to try and keep the plants smaller about 70 -80 cm would be perfect however they are autos and once they sex you never know when there gonna stop

ive put 2 seeds in soak and will hopefully have an update early part of next week

picture.php

picture.php

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Woohoo!!! Any idea on how big they are suppose to get? I assume its safe to say 2-3 feet in your setup ;) maybe 4! I wish ya luck on this one skotty!

Kill it.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Woohoo!!! Any idea on how big they are suppose to get? I assume its safe to say 2-3 feet in your setup ;) maybe 4! I wish ya luck on this one skotty!

Kill it.

i think they only yield 60g max per plant but obviously not the way i grow im hoping for 90g per plant which would do me nicely

is that new strain ?

yeah its a new strain released march 2011, the breeders have realeased a few new autos including little cheese ( blue cheese) and sweet tooth automatic (afghani,nepalise and hawaian ) which sounds naughty :)

2 outta 2 have germinated and im just waiting for them to make it above ground, ill post pics when they sprout

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
as stated i have my 1st seed to make an apperance today so we can class today as

day 1

my dwc buckets are just being cleaned with h202 and i will set them up later ready for the plants final home :)

my nutrients for this grow will be

formulex
canna aqua
rhizotonic
carboload
superior potash

my dwc will be set to .8 ec of formulex and rhizotonic and ph 5.8

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

here is a random pic of some automatc tutti frutti that are going outdoors for a guriella grow they are only 7 days old from seed :)

picture.php

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hey skotty i'm so excited to watching your new thread pineapple express that just the name sound good...so i'm in man!!!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
so im on day 3 since sprout and i have 100% germination so all is good, ive just ordered a brand new ph meter as my old 1 had just started playing up, glad it was right at the start of the grow and not halfway through :)

both ladies are in my buckets and are being fed rhizotonic and formulex @ ec .8 and ph 5.8 all good in the hood

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Here we go again! Woohoo! Damn this strain sounds great, good choice skotty!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 5 from seed

both my babys have got there root in the res and where 1 root goes the rest will follow :)

picture.php

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 9 from seed

these are flying along

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

added bonus of some tutti frutti automatics growing outdoors

picture.php

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Looking good my friend. Are those the LBH tutti fuiti? I can't wait to see how those do in the outside. I love my outdoor....

yeah there lbh's tutti frutti i also have some sour diesel haze that im gonna grow outdoors aswell in the coming weeks, ive never grown outdoors before so its gonna be intresting to see what happens, ill try and keep and update in this thread as well as the pineapple express

whos the breeder?that pe sounds good

the breeder is the same who do the original pineapple chunk, and i think they have now released sweet tooth automatic cause ive seen it in several places up for grabs

the pineapple express is already starting to smell and i just know these are gonna get stronger

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 12 from seed

earlier in the week both my babys had a res change and are being kept on formulex and rhizotonic the ec is .9 and the ph is 5.8

both of them are coming along nicely and should hopefully show sex in the next 7 days :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Canada

Cant wait to see how they turn out might do a dwc myself with the 3 part general hydroponics line / any thoughts on how much nutes i should feed in the dwc as i have no ppm /ec metre

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Cant wait to see how they turn out might do a dwc myself with the 3 part general hydroponics line / any thoughts on how much nutes i should feed in the dwc as i have no ppm /ec metre

to be honest i wouldnt use a 3 part nutrient because its major hassle, id advise you to use a 1 part nutrient mix like ionics because its purely simple to use, all you have is 1 complete mix for veg and 1 complete mix for flower and thats it and whatever else you wanna add to that is entirely your choice, pk booster, sugars, root excelurators etc

there is no way i would attemtp to grow in hydro without an ec meter or ph pen simply because ph is vitaly important to get right and ec is relative to how much your plants want feeding

ive been growing dwc for over a year and i know my way around the system and my setup and i still wouldnt grow without either of them tools

hope this helps

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
quick update on the progress from the pineapple express, im on day 14 from seed and 1 of my plants has shown signs of sex, they are feminized seeds so im guessing its a calyx :)

im running my lights on 20/4 so its fair to say that they are true autos

heres some pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Looking great so far! MAN the power of roots never ceases to amaze me!

Latest posts

Latest posts