What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

s60 and mataro blue

uptosumpn

Veteran
OMG Skotty! for all the PAIN & DIS-SATISFACTION of you last attempt @ Sour60....this gal has TRULY rewarded you.....She is gonna be a STUNNER and possibly be a record haul for 1 sour60 plant< (DWC for ya!)...absolutley perfect thus far..LETS GROW BITCH!!!!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
still a long way to go yet im only on day 25

my main attention was mataro blue who is stacked better than twin towers after it collapsed, absoloute no nodal spacing what so ever im gutted she hasnt auto'd for me and im guessing thats where the earthy undertones are coming from due to the white widow influence,she is a stunning plant and i can only dream of the frosty goodness she would produce

as for the amount of bud sites the sour 60 has im not entirely sure but i keep tucking away the big fan leaves to make way for new shoots,im gonna switch her onto bloom feed over the weekend if her growth has slowed down any as this will be the time she goes into bud production not that im in any rush, her feed has gone up to 1.2ec

ill let you guys count the bud sites lol and at the minute she is 60cm wide

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
even though the mataro blue hasnt auto'd i think im in love and i get all starry eyed when i look at her, she is without a doubt the best structured plant i have grown to date and i dont think the pics do her any justice, i could look at her for hours

and the s60 has just gone completly mental lmfao new shit happens with her daily

check out the stacking...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 27

the sour 60 has been drinking quite a lot of water and nutrients this past week and ive had to top her res back up several times, today i have switched her over to a bloom feed which consists of vitalink max,carboload and rhizotonic, her ec is set @ 1.1 and ph5.8

her feed before the switch was 1.2 ec and she was showing signs of wanting more but because of the switch in nutes ive lowered it just a few points to see how she reacts to her new regime, this will be monitored along with the plant over the next 24-36 hours to see which direction she wants to take and then be adjusted accordingly :)

the light is currently 20" above her top to accomadate any stretch she may put in and the ideal height i wanna be for this grow is 14"-17", the plant her self is currently standing proud at 16" tall and 62" wide with many beautiful bud sites appearing, still not getting much in the way of smells from the sour 60 as stated in my previous grow they really dont smell that strong and she is nothing compared to what im used to , hopefully ill get increase from the carboload and it brings out her true smells and get her aromas flowing :)

mataro blue is vegging nicely and is sitting comfortably at .9 ec and ph 5.8, her growth rate so far hasnt been rapid which im more than happy with cause i dont want a repeat of the la blanca,she will definatley be getting topped at some point in the future and her fragrance at the minute far out weighs the sour 60, there are no fruity, berry vibes coming from either plant at this stage of the grow but some earthy leafy grassy tones

ill update with pics in the coming days

peace

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
wow I haven't been by in a while, that sour 60 is a beast for sure! nice to see her loving the hydro stuffs :yes:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cheers for the support its appreciated

re measured the sour today and she is 18" tall and 70cm wide, had to raise the light again to keep it within the desired range at 20" above her cannopy

sour day 28 pics and mataro blue 25 days old

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking super nice dude, I think the s60 still has a decent amount of stretch in her left.

Can you raise up the MB to compensate for the height difference?

Sandnut

HAHAHA! you are sick man, that s60 is f*cking HUGE :smoke::smoke:

Amazing structure on the mataro aswell...

what are you planning to do if she doesn't kick in to flower by her self?

you should fim and top her multiple times and put her into flowering once the s60 is done, the mataro should probably fill your whole house by that time hahaha!!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
no need mitch she is perfect height for my panel at the minute due to the fact she is in veg, trust mate i got this 1 on lockdown :)

now the mataro blue....

so many things i could do with this baby and yeah your absoloute bang on about topping her ,this is on my list if things to do but im also considering cloning her for outdoor use as she is mould resistant (bonus) and for a few close freinds to grow out, at the rate she is growing by the time the sour is finished i think she would be perfect height for flowering after some special attention to her growing needs :)

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Yep, that sour60 is got lots of stretch left in her, mine didnt stop getting taller until like day 40 i believe..

Looks great! :D

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
im hoping she stays pretty much where she is at cause to be honest she is more than big enough right now :)

20/4 there is so many phenos in these sour 60s that nearly every 1 is different, i read a post from a guy (mdanzigs apprentice lol) who grew 11 plants and he said each 1 was different thats fuking 11 diff phenos

and yes you will get LOTS of phenos with his sour60 almost every single one is different, but good, some blueberry some kush, some lemon, fruity, all kinds of stuff, and you will get more sativa or some more indica but thats because there is so many different strains involved in making it.

so my question is this

why is it that onyx has just as many strains involved in her make up if not more but does not have 11 different phenos lol

maybe the sour 60 needs a little bit more tlc to get it to the top of my most wanted auto

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whats the stretch like on the mataro do you know?

maybe take the couple of bottom sets of branches to use for your outdoor clones..

then LST or make a one plant scrog frame for her.

just tossing a few ideas around :)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i think thats the plan mate, trim the bottom for clones and top her a few times

some guy called druna grew out the mb and topped her a few times and she looked the tits when she'd finished, obviously thanks to him for posting his pics i know what to expect so i can deal with mine early on in the grow before flowering her, try and keep her as low as i can for as long as i can ;)

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Im really not sure, i DID NOT have 11 different sour60 phenos, i can hardly imagine seeing 11 different sour60s, i think the post variation i had was like maybe 3, i grew 5 females all together and 3 were different, i had a lemony smell, sour bubble smell, and very berry smell... So thats all i can really go by... When i did onyx i had 2 different phenos for sure, one was super shitty, honestly hardly got me high and tasted like ass..also yielded almost half of what the other one did, and they both were same height and close to same width.. the other however (the mother of the seeds i made) was very tasty, like fuely citrus, and was a knockout blow.. I guess its just luck of the draw, sour60 does have lots of varation, but like everyone has said, every pheno is AMAZING in its own way.. i found this not to be the case with onyx... There are so many ways to create an auto, each breeder has their own breeding plan, this is the only reason i can assume onyx has "less" phenos than sour60..

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Im really not sure, i DID NOT have 11 different sour60 phenos, i can hardly imagine seeing 11 different sour60s, i think the post variation i had was like maybe 3, i grew 5 females all together and 3 were different, i had a lemony smell, sour bubble smell, and very berry smell... So thats all i can really go by... When i did onyx i had 2 different phenos for sure, one was super shitty, honestly hardly got me high and tasted like ass..also yielded almost half of what the other one did, and they both were same height and close to same width.. the other however (the mother of the seeds i made) was very tasty, like fuely citrus, and was a knockout blow.. I guess its just luck of the draw, sour60 does have lots of varation, but like everyone has said, every pheno is AMAZING in its own way.. i found this not to be the case with onyx... There are so many ways to create an auto, each breeder has their own breeding plan, this is the only reason i can assume onyx has "less" phenos than sour60..

yeah i know crazy aint it,i have absoloute no idea what pick of the bunch im currently growing but she smells of dry roasted peanuts and i swear she is possessed, she is standing at 20" tall and 70cm wide and i cant even take proper pics of her anymore

im thinking she needs to start applying the brakes a little

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
yeah i know crazy aint it,i have absoloute no idea what pick of the bunch im currently growing but she smells of dry roasted peanuts and i swear she is possessed, she is standing at 20" tall and 70cm wide and i cant even take proper pics of her anymore

im thinking she needs to start applying the brakes a little

I know man, im thinking you found a real winner, im suprised how big its getting since it seems to be a more indica influenced sour60.. I cant wait to see her in the end, thats when i will pull my sour60 phenos:)laughing:) out and we will compare to see if we had a similar pheno or not.. have you switched her to flowering nutes yet? Id say she will finish around day 65, but they REALLY seem to kick in gear between day 40 and harvest :wave:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
yeah very heavy indica influence indeed, she has already been switched to bloom feed and ill be intrested to see what i got, these seeds are like a lucky dip with unlimited outcomes lol all you sour's smelled of berries this 1 is far away from that and deffo smells nutty

heres a link to that guys thread you can see the different sour phenos

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=204674

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
yeah very heavy indica influence indeed, she has already been switched to bloom feed and ill be intrested to see what i got, these seeds are like a lucky dip with unlimited outcomes lol all you sour's smelled of berries this 1 is far away from that and deffo smells nutty

heres a link to that guys thread you can see the different sour phenos

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=204674

Im not sure i had a nutty smelling one so thats intresting indeed, most of mine had thinner leaves as well.. except the sourbubble pheno.. but the smell could change in a few weeks so lets see what happens! I really liked the "many" phenos in sour60 at harvest time though.. Its always good in my book to have some variety, so you dont get too burned out:biglaugh::smoky:

Latest posts

Latest posts