What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hbd and s60 in dwc under the l.e.d

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
its all about the blueberry in this 1 folks :)

sour 60 : people are raving about this strain so i wanna see what all the fuss is about however ive heard rumours that there are so many phenos in this strain its a lucky dip in terms of what you get,on a positive note these are from mdanzigs new improved batch :)

himalaya blue diesel : one of ss flagship strains, ive not really looked into this strain much but of the few reports ive read she is meant to be a top notch smoke,on the downside its a feminzed seed and ss doesnt have much luck with these types of seeds so fingers crossed,

lets hope i can do these strains some justice ;)

lessons have been learnt in the past and its time to rectify mistakes and put together the knowledge gained from previous grows, im switching back to canna nutes for this round

this 1's gonna be a stinka

i popped 2 sour 60s in record time, they went into water on friday night and 2 are above ground and just 1 female will suffice for this grow, hbd to follow.....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
s60 may have lots of phenos...But they are all huge and heavy yielding! Cant wait to see what comes of those s60s, your gonna see why everyone loves the strain so much...

Muddy

HBD is a favorite around here. I've done 3 outdoors grows of it and have been very pleased. Nice blueberry smell and after taste and a nice mellow high. I'll be starting some under my LED next grow, in about 2 months. Good luck.

Bogrow

I look forward to seeing how your Sour 60's progress. As for phenos, I only see 2 out of mine so far. Hopefully you get some keepers!

interested

Just placed an order for some S60s for my first grow, very excited to see this with the LED. I have a 90w UFO, 150w HPS, and 400w HPS at my disposal but a single 2x2x5.3 grow tent. I think I am going to go first with the 90w UFO so I can keep my fan on low and noise/temps down and learn. I am doing FFOF soil for this first grow but setup DWC buckets if I want to go that way for my 2nd round.

What sort of LED are you using?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
thanks for the intrest and input its appreciated :good:

as far as s60 phenos goes i can only go from what is reported by people who grow them state but id be happy with just 1 pheno so i can sample a taste, its hard to tell in veg what pheno autos are its not untill they hit flower and take on whole different structure and smell in my experience

my light is a 345 watt hydrogrowled panel its took me 1 1/2 grows to get used to it and find the best distances from the plant to use im gonna try and keep the light between 18"-12" above the cannopy for this grow with 16"-14" being a sweet spot

i went to setup my dwc buckets today and 1 of my airstones has given up the ghost in less than 3 months usage so ive ordered 2 replacements in case of any future failures with these things,ive resorted to an oxypot pump in 1 bucket for now and ill be hand watering them for the 1st few days

heres some final home pics of the s60's

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
100% germination rate on all the seeds my hbd made it above ground today :)

im not to sure about the amount of stretch in these sour 60's never had seedlings stretch as much as this before, my lights are 23" above the plants

has anybody else experienced s60 seedling to stretch and is it normal ???

the hdd arrival

picture.php

picture.php

stretched s60's

picture.php

picture.php

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
just had a check on my my plants today and i think the hbd has given up the ghost lmfao

seriously wtf is going on here???

im having no luck just latley with any of ss seeds

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

this now puts me in a bit of a dilema as i only have regular seeds left and the hbd was gonna be my get out of jail card as it was feminized lol

so the question is do i pop another sour 60 or try a blue streak seed and hope for the best ??

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
after seeing sgs blue streak and the resin covered leaves i thought id have a go and see if i can get similar results in dwc and the l.e.d :good:

ive just dropped 2 seeds into my usual water with added root stim

picture.php

picture.php

happy days

nealcook420

Man I was hoping that I would get to follow your Himalayan Blue Diesel grow. I bought my first 10x of regular HBD in February then another 10x HBD in may and I have had (no shit) 1 male out of 20 beans. I luckily saved the pollin from the HBD male I have my last 3 HBD's going right now, 1 is 25 days old and the other 2 are 12 days old.

Sandnut

haha you were really into trying that himalayan blue diesel !

I hope it turns out good, i've seen some variaty in phenos, some good some better, i hope you get the diesel reeking pheno:tiphat:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Your gonna real love danzigs strains... so how many new females you plan on stuffing under that light? You will get alot of diff flavors from the s60 (in a good way) all of them are heavy berry flavored...my favorite pheno came from one i had grown in a party cup(just my luck) and it looked like an exact replica of BOGs Sourbubble... Tasted like pure bubble gum...Look for that pheno... mine had hardly NO branching compared to all other sour60 have MASSIVE branching... Cheers bro Good luck!

P.s. sorry to hear about the ghost seedling! I had that happen to one of mine recently i have no idea why either, all others are thriving!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
sound advice muddy cheers im looking into it as ive done nothing different to how i always germinate my seeds

20/4.. as for the amount of females id be happy with just 1 as the seeds are regulars so it could go either way, and judging from my past grows and the size my plants get i think to many ladies would cause me problems

hbd as bit dust so im down to 2 sour 60 and waiting on some blue streaks to pop through

both buckets are .8 ec with the canna and 5.6 ph 1 of the sour 60's has its root planted in the res already ;) my light is 20" above the plants and i wanna try and keep it between 20" - 12" with 16" being the sweet spot

pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Muddy

I had the same thing happen to one seedling my last grow, that's how I found out about it. Seedling laid over, the stem shrunk and it died. Got 20 week old seedlings right now and they are all fine.

Going to do some more HBD next grow. Love the taste and high of it. Haven't tried Sour 60 yet. Maybe some of those next time too. This grow is Onyx, Auto Assassin and some new experimental seeds.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
I had the same thing happen to one seedling my last grow, that's how I found out about it. Seedling laid over, the stem shrunk and it died. Got 20 week old seedlings right now and they are all fine.

Going to do some more HBD next grow. Love the taste and high of it. Haven't tried Sour 60 yet. Maybe some of those next time too. This grow is Onyx, Auto Assassin and some new experimental seeds.

i always have about 95% germination results and its the 1st time its happened, i cant complain cause it was a free seed

the blue streak are taking ages to split, 1 of the seeds has only just sank to the bottom of the glass today and the other 1 has been in germ for about 2 days after sinking, most if not all my seeds have cracked in less than 24 hours using this method im hoping they crack open soon

i reiceved my new airstones but ive decided im gonna change direction again and order 4 slightly smaller 1s and run them off a 6 branch manifold this will allow me to have upto 6 buckets running from 1 pump, it should come in handy for future grows when i have found strains that are consistent and not to many phenos :good:

im guessing that sour 60 sexes between 14-21 days?? i think im on about day 7 from seed so hopefully in the next week i should know what ive got :)

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Some of my sour 60s took around 25 days or so to sex(females)... wait until like day 30-40 they go through some crazy changes very very quickly... they seem to stall until 30-35...but those last 30 days are brilliant i tell ya.... Cant wait to see this show, ill be stoppin by real often...good luck! Keep it big n green

20/4

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 9 from seed

the bluestreak seeds have failed to crack, 0 out of 2 :(

i might have another go at germinating some more

sour 60 is doing good and the roots have finally landed in the res in both buckets, im expecting some nice growth from here on in :)

got my new airstones all setup there is 2 in each bucket being supplied by a 60ltr per minute pump, my buckets are 20 ltrs and i have 2 so thats 30ltr per minute of fresh o2 in each :good:

pics of plants and res

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Seedling

Hope you have better luck next time germing! The once that are started are looking up though, sure you will rock another great grow! Will be nice to see how the s60´s does in hydro.