What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE GROW OFF: CALI HAZE VS MAX GOM VS LA BLANCA

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Hi skottty

the super autos show usualy sex within 25 To 30 days of life!

Please someone can help to get in touch with gypsy nirvana to solve my problems? I tried to send him a message a public one and git no answer since 10 days now! Coz i was banned i can't send him pm!
I really want solve this problem but like this it seemse to be impossible...

and thats why we need you on these forums ;)

have you tried contacting them through the seed boutique???

obviously thats their main outlet so getting your seeds on there is a step in the right direction, you can send them an email through that site requesting to do business.

hope this helps

peace

Bighill

can we keep this thread alive and not talk about it here?

There is a contact method to get ahold of people, i have enquired about my orders. Real people did get back to me after a while.

Skotty, hope these ones get to finish for ya.. I swear nothing gets the blood going like Po outside the house.. The choppers get me going some times, fly outta bed and turn off the hps's..

Karma sent mate.

Bh.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Well, I know you didn't get to finish out your Big Devil. But I would say keep La Blanca around since it's so fresh on the scene and we're all very curious to see. Bummer I sent you for a loop and popped an extra bean, good thing you aren't killing it though right? and giving it away?

yeah the big devil has now left the building and into my mates setup so all is not lost, so it looks like im sticking with the white widow x snow white ;)

can we keep this thread alive and not talk about it here?

There is a contact method to get ahold of people, i have enquired about my orders. Real people did get back to me after a while.

Skotty, hope these ones get to finish for ya.. I swear nothing gets the blood going like Po outside the house.. The choppers get me going some times, fly outta bed and turn off the hps's..

Karma sent mate.

Bh.

easy b

i know what your saying about keeping the thread alive im just trying to help a brother grower out ;)

cheers for the comments as well its appreciated :good:

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 5 from seed

maxi was last out of the blocks but she is quickly catching up ;)

all these plants are just being fed rhizotonic beleive it or not and you can see that the roots are heading in the right direction,

looks like cali haze is taking a rest in the pics with her leaves drooping down a bit, this looks like a classic case of overwatering and not enough oxygen so ive lowered her res more and hopefully she wil be pushing out more air roots to see her through the journey, its nothing to panic about and she will pick up in a couple of hours :good:

la blanca

picture.php

cali haze

picture.php

maxi

picture.php

cali haze

picture.php

la blanca

picture.php

peace

L

lowrydergrower

looking very nice so far skotty can't wait to see these babies

Ciscosfa

Whats the system your using ? is that a bubbler or something ? hydro right ? im new to gardening lol and have only seen soil in use !! hell if i had the space i think i would have lots o grows on the go !! lol scrog , sog , 12/12 fi seed , clay pellets in a bucket etc ! lol

Looking good though i shall be keeping tabs

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 7 from seed

Whats the system your using ? is that a bubbler or something ? hydro right ? im new to gardening lol and have only seen soil in use !! hell if i had the space i think i would have lots o grows on the go !! lol scrog , sog , 12/12 fi seed , clay pellets in a bucket etc ! lol

Looking good though i shall be keeping tabs

the sytstem is dwc its the only way i know how to grow lol

its the end of the 1st week, all the plants are looking healthy except la blanca which has a weird leaf pattern emerging , i think she will be fine though ;)

just mixed up a res of canna aqua vega and rhizotonic its currently sat @ ph 5.7 and .6 ec gonna let it stand with an airstone inside for a few hours to make sure its stable before adding my cali haze (a massive tip there for any dwc starters )

maxi (i think she was 2 days behind the others)

picture.php

la blanca

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cali haze

picture.php

picture.php

peace

uptosumpn

Veteran
grow, grow, grow.....!!!!!
BTW, u mentioned that you let it bubble for a couple of hours BEFORE givin to plant.....<Now that is some useful/great info right there!!
So you do this everytime before you feed em' I assume??

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
grow, grow, grow.....!!!!!
BTW, u mentioned that you let it bubble for a couple of hours BEFORE givin to plant.....<Now that is some useful/great info right there!!
So you do this everytime before you feed em' I assume??

i use tap water and try and let a bucket stand for 24 hours fully mixed with an airstone to keep it oxygenated and let the chlorine escape, i will always check the ph every so many hours to make sure its stable before adding any plant into its new home,

also im a big fan of doing the res change weekly this way i can always be assured that all my plants are getting a fresh batch of fully loaded nutes, its better to do it this way then keep topping off because you can never be sure which nutrients the plant is feeding on so by replacing the whole range your onto a winner ;)

peace

the END

In that case Skotty, it's a great thing we can trust your plants will love you, Cause I really did & do want to see the results of this grow!!

Looks like "The White" has some neat thumbed leaves for their first true node
....and that I can understand simple Spanish translations :D
either way...
.Beautiful Start.
They ALL are already Stars in my mind.:jump:

r1zla

i ain't up for putting money on it as i ain't experienced enough yet but i want the super cali to be the chicken dinner. I liked the breeder dude and they're in stock at my seed bank. I've got a theoretical max height from top of soil to just under the lights of 120cm / 48inches / 4 feet. I don't really wanna LST but i wouldn't mind topping or fimming.
I could do 1 at a time and could prolly grow it alongside 2 full batches of my other auto's.

Up to 140 tho days man!

vicious bee

I ordered some of the super cali. I'll probably have to train or just chop the top off to make it fit. Thanks for the grow log.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
i ain't up for putting money on it as i ain't experienced enough yet but i want the super cali to be the chicken dinner. I liked the breeder dude and they're in stock at my seed bank. I've got a theoretical max height from top of soil to just under the lights of 120cm / 48inches / 4 feet. I don't really wanna LST but i wouldn't mind topping or fimming.
I could do 1 at a time and could prolly grow it alongside 2 full batches of my other auto's.

Up to 140 tho days man!

my super cali haze is gonna get topped mate when she is big enough i know its gonna add an extra week onto my grow through recovery but i wanna grow a bush and go for 2 main colas + i wanna keep her from shooting upwards,

from what ive heard i can get 2 harvests from 1 plant im not to sure how true it is but aparrantly when she is finished budding you can cut her and she will start flowering again,id be iterested to see if anybody else has any more info, its a shame the breeder aint around to answer questions like this :(

as for length of grow i have another 2 plants and they will all finish at different times so i will have a constant supply of bud until the cali finishes and some things are worth waiting 4 ;)

I ordered some of the super cali. I'll probably have to train or just chop the top off to make it fit. Thanks for the grow log.

if space is an issue then just top her or lst the bitch, im not sure how she is gonna react to a bit of slapping about so you could learn a lot from this grow ;)

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 9

all the ladies are now on canna vega .6 ec and ph 5.8, ive changed the lighting to 20/4 so they are now getting an extra 2 hours of light a day, im looking for maximum growth and results and i think 20/4 is the best light cycle to do this ;)

im hoping none of them sex before 21 days as i want them to grow bigger especially the haze as i wanna top her before she starts flowering.

maxi is being grown in just a 1" rockwool cube and it seemed to take for ever for her roots to hit the res, but it was like waiting for a bus, you wait for 1 then 2 turn up an once ;)

pics

maxi

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

la blanca

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cali haze

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 12 from seed

just a quick picture update on this 1,

ive noticed how the cali haze has indica type leaves which is a bit concerning although i fully confess i have never grown a 100% sativa strain before so im not sure if this is normal, ive grown a 70% sat 40%indica strain and noticed the leaves started off as indy and then when she flowered went into sativa type leaves if any 1 can confirm this is normal or any info would be good ;)

im so glad that these strains have a longer vegging period as longer veg should result in bigger yields and i should have at least another 10 days veg out of these ladies befor sexing :dance013:

im also so thankfull that the uk temps are dropping i know the weather has been shit over the last month for outdoor grows in the uk with some extreme heavy rain but the summer temps were a bit shit and fuking up the temps in my tent and dwc,

im now on a constant 68 - 70c in my buckets with more than enough air being pumped in so any increase in temp isnt a problem ,but id rather have maximum dissolved oxygen, also my tent temps are now more stable and are sitting around 79 - 80 degrees and only dropping to around 75c with lights off so my setup is spot on right about now for led lights :)

pics

maxi (she will catch up and take the trophy of biggest yied :) )

picture.php

picture.php

la blanca

picture.php

picture.php

cali haze

picture.php

picture.php

peace

the END

OOooo000ooOO.. Looking Perky. They are Each so Unique.

I was thinking about them Sativa leaves...
I have a plant outside right now which is a mostly Sativa leaning hybrid. When it was a sprout it had the thickest leaves of the bunch, and they were also rather round and somewhat droopy stature; Similiar to your Cali Haze (Though Also much different). I didn't like that plant much, so I put it to Hell to see what i could learn through intentional failure... in the END, the plant refused to die and is now the most beautiful light-green thin leaf Sun sucker I've got around. It's like it became another plant with maturity.

Yes, Baby plants may look much different from their adult counterparts. lol

Also, I am almost beyond positive (though not confirmed) that Cali Haze is indeed a poly hybrid of Sativa/Ruderalis/Indica. Bred and crossed to the Hazy High End of the Triforce after first stabilizing a decent Sativa Autoflower.

The Genes have yet to improve themselves with Maturity.
I know I'm excited, I could just about find myself germinating mine tonight!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
OOooo000ooOO.. Looking Perky. They are Each so Unique.

I was thinking about them Sativa leaves...
I have a plant outside right now which is a mostly Sativa leaning hybrid. When it was a sprout it had the thickest leaves of the bunch, and they were also rather round and somewhat droopy stature; Similiar to your Cali Haze (Though Also much different). I didn't like that plant much, so I put it to Hell to see what i could learn through intentional failure... in the END, the plant refused to die and is now the most beautiful light-green thin leaf Sun sucker I've got around. It's like it became another plant with maturity.

Yes, Baby plants may look much different from their adult counterparts. lol

Also, I am almost beyond positive (though not confirmed) that Cali Haze is indeed a poly hybrid of Sativa/Ruderalis/Indica. Bred and crossed to the Hazy High End of the Triforce after first stabilizing a decent Sativa Autoflower.

The Genes have yet to improve themselves with Maturity.
I know I'm excited, I could just about find myself germinating mine tonight!

so many advances are being made right now with autos im losing track la blanca's breeders say they have taken just the autoflowering gene from the ruderalis but the length of grow time is extended to 3 months which brings it on par with a regualr white widow strain. this is totally different to the normal 8-10 week of normal seed to weed autoflowers, it has now bought the latest autoflowers inline with regular strains in the respect of grow times but without the light change, the same for the super autos can be said the grow times have been extended but they still show sex round about 21 days but go onto to flower for 8-10 weeks,

i know the potency is there with these strains and the only thing that was lacking is yield but now they have extended the grow times then the yield should be there aswell.

i cant imagine ruderalis being classed as either indica or sativa because it doesnt produce any smokeable flowers in its natural form so now im thinking if they were just to cross ruderalis with a sativa and only a sativa then there would be no indica anywhere in that strain so it should be 100% sativa/ruderalis??

my focus isnt on the cali haze but more on the maxi gom as i really want her to do well, cali haze is from a 1st class breeder so i have no doubts in my mind that she will perform, it would be nice to see more cali haze grow logs just so we can see if their is any different phenos or if they are all the same so get ya shit together ;)

which then brings me on to the mataro blue which conatins thvc,i havent got a clue what that is but the breeders say it contributes to mental effects??

ive gotta place another order for them to send out my free pip but if my memory serves me correctly there will be a super auto cheese and ak47 and a super lemon variety coming out in the near future so i think i will wait and see what happens + there free giveaway this month is shit haha :)

i can safely say though all 3 plants are bigger at this stage of the grow than in my il diavolo and mi5 diary :)

peace

the END

La blanca's breeders say they have taken just the autoflowering gene from the ruderalis
i cant imagine ruderalis being classed as either indica or sativa because it doesnt produce any smokeable flowers in its natural form so now im thinking if they were just to cross ruderalis with a sativa and only a sativa then there would be no indica anywhere in that strain so it should be 100% sativa/ruderalis??
For La Blanca to be the way you have stated, reminds me of a thread I have read about stabilizing the auto gene to become whatever strain you choose. the process consisted of many generations of back crosses to your select strain to be recreating it as an automatic.
Only the Breeder would know this information, but I believe the Super Auto's were created along the lines of
Sativa + Indica + ruderalis = Lowryder
Lowryder + Sativa = Super Auto
Super Auto + Sativa = Haze Auto.

From what I have gathered, automatic breeding needs such building blocks and a Sativa + Ruderalis cross would be far from a breeders intentions...
But maybe that is how it was made? IDK.

my focus isnt on the cali haze but more on the maxi gom as i really want her to do well, cali haze is from a 1st class breeder so i have no doubts in my mind that she will perform, it would be nice to see more cali haze grow logs just so we can see if their is any different phenos or if they are all the same so get ya shit together ;)
I'll get mine together As soon as I know I can support her! I also plan on finding her a Nice LR2 stud to mate with.
which then brings me on to the mataro blue which conatins thvc,i havent got a clue what that is but the breeders say it contributes to mental effects??
wikipedia:

Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV, THV), also known as tetrahydrocannabivarol, is a psychoactive cannabinoid found naturally in Cannabis sativa. It is an analogue of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) with the sidechain shortened by two CH2 groups.

THCV is found in largest quantities in Cannabis sativa subsp. indica strains. Some varieties that produce propyl cannabinoids in significant amounts, over five percent of total cannabinoids, have been found in plants from South Africa, Nigeria, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan and Nepal with THCV as high as 53.69% of total cannabinoids.

GW Pharmaceuticals announced that THCV is safe in humans in a clinical trial and it will continue to develop THCV as a potential cannabinoid treatment for type 2 diabetes and related metabolic disorders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabivarin#cite_note-0

mrtank

Hi Skotty... all is looking good. Looking forward to seeing the Cali Haze progress.

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but just wondered if you could try and identify these two plants for me xD

They are a Oynx and Mi5 but I have no idea which is which as I mixed up the seeds after germing :(

I know you've grown both so I thought you will stand a far better chance than me of identifying them.

Both seeds were germed at exactly the same time and the plants are about 6 weeks old now. They are both about 50cm tall and grown outside in 8 litre pots buried in the ground.

Plant 1 - My favourite of the two, it has a very stong smell and tricome production is unreal... loads of sticky frosting that is creeping all over the plant (even the main stalk):
20sye4p.jpg

wlrqs9.jpg

Plant2 - Nice looking plant, very pretty looking bud structure that seems more uniform than plant1. Only just started to get frosting and has just begun to smell very fruity, but you have to get up close to smell it.
2igdc3m.jpg

33emlg4.jpg

I've been waiting for the Mi5 to start going purple as I know its meant to that, but so far neither are showing signs of purpling even though we've had some cold nights.

I'm thinking the Oynx is maybe the fruity smelling one, but I'm not too sure. It would be nice to know which is which, but to be fair they are both doing great anyway! will definitely be trying these two strains again.

If you can give it your best guess I would much appreciate it! :D

Latest posts

Latest posts