What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it time to take it down and smoke it?

FletchF.Fletch

420giveaway
That little plant looks Good. Considering it's a Windowsill baby, you're doing Great!! It still has a bit to go. Won't be packing on lots more, but what is there will swell and get stickier over the next two weeks. Just ease back on the water as it finishes, and No need to feed from here on.

Autoflower finish times given by seed companies usually are based on environments that are very well lit and on an extended schedule of 20 hours light per day. Growing them 12/12 or in ambient light will make them take longer to bloom and ripen.

Nice Job!

To chime in on the pot size debate: Large plants can be grown in small pots. It is not correct to think that you need big containers to grow healthy plants. Potting soil companies may want you to think so. It's about irrigation, feeding, and Skill.

Last edited:

Cuddles

That little plant looks Good. Considering it's a Windowsill baby, you're doing Great!! It still has a bit to go. Won't be packing on lots more, but what is there will swell and get stickier over the next two weeks. Just ease back on the water as it finishes, and No need to feed from here on.

Autoflower finish times given by seed companies usually are based on environments that are very well lit and on an extended schedule of 20 hours light per day. Growing them 12/12 or in ambient light will make them take longer to bloom and ripen.

Nice Job!

yes, I agree about the feeding, I fed it one last time the last time it needed water. Now it´s just water. I´m doing as suggested and leave it for another 4 weeks max.
In the description it says harvest month is november. The only reason I popped it so early in feb. is that I just wanted to grow it, it was the last seed I had left from last year.
I had planned to get more seeds by now but ...

Cuddles

I´ve topped the plant as it was getting too smelly. The lower buds are growing nicely, a little slow, but still :)

Cuddles

The top of the lower buds are pretty big now. By `big´ I mean they´re not gonna get any bigger, not under these conditions. The smaller ones are still growing too.
A big plus is the smell or rather lack of it since I topped it.
The rest is curing nicely and the cupboard it is in hardly smell of weed anymore, the smell is practically done.

Cuddles

I had to remove the larger buds of what´s left of plant as the odour was getting rather strong again. The nice thing is that new buds have been forming and growing the whole time :)
Now I wish I hadn´t topped the plant. I should have done what I have been doing since because I can´t help but wonder whether the top half would have produced more as well. My guess is : YES!

Well it´s another lesson learned for me in terms of harvesting etc ;)

Cuddles

Smoke dem up, den you ave incentive for a better-harvest next time. Cheers matee. :yummy:

oh yes! In the past I always took the plant down when the time came , that was it. But this `multiple´ harvesting is pretty interesting :)

Cuddles

managed to take some pics today

20210627_164055.jpg
20210627_164140.jpg
20210627_164147.jpg

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Supermarkets normally sell storage tubs. They make very handy pots. No need to go to garden centres.

Cuddles

I kept the plant until now just to see how much more the left over buds will actually grow. I had already taken some more down in the meantime as I knew that they wouldn't grow any bigger and they were too odorous too.
What I find interesting is that the remaining buds produce hardly scent at all, which is one reason I kept it until yesterday.

I can't upload any pics from the phone right now for some reason. I'll post them when possible.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
oh yes! In the past I always took the plant down when the time came , that was it. But this `multiple´ harvesting is pretty interesting :)

Here are the strawberry sisters. I cut off the tops, and am waiting for the stuff underneath to mature a little more now that it has light.

Maybe this coming week, the rest comes down.

DSC00859.JPG

You can see where the tops were cut off:

DSC00860.JPG
DSC00861.JPG

Cuddles

Here are the strawberry sisters. I cut off the tops, and am waiting for the stuff underneath to mature a little more now that it has light.

Maybe this coming week, the rest comes down.

You can see where the tops were cut off:

soooo much better than my dissapointing lowryder!!!:dance013:
it's good that you are keeping all the leaves too.
I kept removing them along with the ready buds and I really do believe that this was a mistake. yet another lessen learned I guess :biggrin: