What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it time to take it down and smoke it?

Cuddles

20210607_123136.jpg
I´m wondering if more buds will develop or if I should just cut and cure it now.
20210607_123136.jpg
20210607_123017.jpg

Cuddles

It has way to go still, not much more bud will develop but what is there will ripen.

thanks. It´s really begun to smell which is why I´d like to take it down (apart from wanting to toke :) )
I noticed that it smells more in the afternoon and evening than before noon.

Growenhaft

You decide the right harvest time depending on what you like best.

you need a pocket microscope for this. with this you can take a close look at the trichomes.

if these are still mostly glassy, ​​your weed is more likely to go on the pump, make you restless and scratch you. can sometimes be good depending on the occasion.

when the majority is milky, most of the power and steam is in the herb, personally my favorite.

if you have a lot of amber-colored ones, they will already contain a high CBD content, the weed will make you rather flat and tired.

Do not rely on the color of the stigmas, only on the color of the trichomes.

JustGrowing420

You decide the right harvest time depending on what you like best.

you need a pocket microscope for this. with this you can take a close look at the trichomes.

if these are still mostly glassy, ​​your weed is more likely to go on the pump, make you restless and scratch you. can sometimes be good depending on the occasion.

when the majority is milky, most of the power and steam is in the herb, personally my favorite.

if you have a lot of amber-colored ones, they will already contain a high CBD content, the weed will make you rather flat and tired.

Do not rely on the color of the stigmas, only on the color of the trichomes.

Right, my post was half assed, but still, stigmas are a good indication for when to start looking closer with the loupe/microscope.

Growenhaft

Right, my post was half assed, but still, stigmas are a good indication for when to start looking closer with the loupe/microscope.

Unfortunately, you cannot generalize that, like so many things with this plant, there are also blatant outliers.

Take the white shark, for example ... at the time when the trichomes are nice and milky, the stigmas will still be completely snow-white.
I just happened to have one in the room ... then you can put a photo in it

or as a counter-example the blackrose ... which have rust-brown stigmas very early, but it takes a long time until the majority of the trichomes are milky.

a sensible pocket microscope is the only real indicator of when to harvest.

dlxtpnuo

Cut off watering. Place in a warm room. Allow to yellow and go rotton. This may be my fast curing method. Jars are so puke!
dead_plant2012-06-24 18.21.15.jpg

Cheers :huggg:heh, heh.
can333205.jpg

Growenhaft

and now should i look at the monitor with my microscope?

that doesn't work, you need your own.

these things cost next to nothing and provide valuable services.

But of course you can also do it old school ... snacking on the plant to determine when to harvest ... until there is nothing left of the plant. goes well too.

Cuddles

I didn´t expect an analysis on those pics. Just wanted to post them.
I was just wondering whether or not this strain/plant will fill in some more with more or larger buds especiall the bottom ones.

Cuddles

Cut off watering. Place in a warm room. Allow to yellow and go rotton. This may be my fast curing method. Jars are so puke!

Cheers :huggg:heh, heh.

wow, talk about a dead plant! 😁 the second one is very nice though. But that´s not an auto is it?

dlxtpnuo

Mars Hydro Led said, Do you wanna a garden like this? Then let's buy some Mars lights and fill it up. .... Tee, get more massive yields for a little investment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I didn´t expect an analysis on those pics. Just wanted to post them.
I was just wondering whether or not this strain/plant will fill in some more with more or larger buds especiall the bottom ones.

FWIW, I gifted all my auto seeds to an outdoor grower, as they don't seem to flourish indoors. Not to mention the extra cost of growing @ marginal yields. Wrt your pics, she has a while to go yet. What is your light cycle, how old is the plant, what do the trichs look like etc..?

Cuddles

FWIW, I gifted all my auto seeds to an outdoor grower, as they don't seem to flourish indoors. Not to mention the extra cost of growing @ marginal yields. Wrt your pics, she has a while to go yet. What is your light cycle, how old is the plant, what do the trichs look like etc..?

Hi Switcher, I´m growing by the window. Probably the reason why it´s not doing that great. Sadly I have no other choice, it´s either this way or no grow at all.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That plant has a lot more time to go. This is the hardest part, waiting. I would guess at least 2 more weeks.

Cuddles

You have good enough roots. Plant is nice and green. Ready for more production, heh. :groupwave:
The pot is most certainly large enough for this tiny plant. In fact I´ve been wondering why I bothered with such a big one. I guess I could have gotten away with a smaller one too.

Very well, I´ll give this one some more time and see what happens. I really want to smoke some though. I wonder if there´s anything in those larger leaves that makes it worth a try. My guess is not much tho :)

Thanks again guys.