What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official Summer 2010 Party Cup Challenge

F

FullDuplex

This will be the official thread for the challenge. Start Date for Germ is 07/12/2010

Rules:
1: All plants have to finish in a 16oz (.5l) "party cup." There will be no variation to this, so 16oz of soil in a random container is not approved.

2. You can start your germ anyway you like. May it be soak, paper towel or direct to soil.

3. You may plant in a jiffy pellet to start and then transplant to the cup. This will be the only time transplanting is allowed. Once it has made it to the cup no more transplants from this point on.

4. There will be no smart pots, or raised planting on the 16oz cup. If you start in a jiffy pellet it must be placed all the way in the cup and covered and not placed on top of the soil. Roots are not allowed to grow out side into a new medium.

5. Mediums can be of your liking. Soil, coco, compost, or any other medium related to pot growing is allowed. 16oz hydro systems of any sort are not allowed.

6.You can start up to 10 plants if you choose to no more but you can have less, its up to you to decide how many you want to be able to choose from.

7.Dry time is going to be a set 10 days from chop. I know that some strains are going to finish at different times than others so this is the only way to get an accurate account of the actual yield of the plant.

8.At the end everyone will need to photo their Finished girls next to a 1Ltr bottle

9. Every one needs to Take a WET/CUT DOWN weight as well. This way we can make sure that there was no under drying. There is always a % lost in dry so well be looking for a standard here.

10. once all the plants have finished and all dry amounts are in i will post the winner of the challenge.

I want to wish every one good luck! This will be a fantastic challenge!

To enter please post the following info:

Strain:
How many:
Time till harvest:
Light wattage:

M

mossy

Best of Luck with them....:clover:

May the Best Plant Win......:plant grow:

I can't wait to watch.

Think you need to specify...UN-SEEDED Girl

and what do you think about getting one of the artistic guys to design a little logo that you can carry in your signature..saying 16 oz yield Winner..2010..with the weight...

and the winner gets to keep it/wear it in their signature for a year.....?

Badge of Honour.

Last edited:

La Buena Hierba

ICMag Donor
Veteran
oke gone try too do it who will too!!!

Strain:LBH's Auto Sour Diesel Haze
How many: 4/5
Time till harvest:15/16 weeks(i hope)
Light wattage the SUN!!/outdoor (last weeks meabey indoor becorse of cold afther window)

AcroPhobic

My hps room is flowering at moment and PC clones are gettin put outside in a week so this is good timing.

I'll try this challenge in my PC with 8 16oz party cups.

Which beans to pop is the question.

I'm down with this thread.

KarmasWheele

Veteran
what is the prize? If its a good one maybe Ill use up a seed on this.....
Is it just for props ?Also the rules are not very clear.....obviously any auto flower strain is going to yield more than a regular seed being done this method.....Still a fun idea though props for that.

Last edited:
F

FullDuplex

Glad to see interest guys! Bare with me on this post as i am using a phone to reply and am unable to quote

Mossy..... I agree it should be un seeded. This way the seeds dont add to the weight. And as always my friend glad to have u along.

LBH.....glad to have u in on this. Im very intrested in your strain you will be running. Also glad to see an out door run.

KW.......I think we are gonna keep the prize simple as this is going more towards skills and standards. This stemmed off a post I saw and a challenge that was presented to me. So i figured is get a few others involved to show off some growing skills. I like Mossy's ideas of the badge for the winner. As far as the rules go its simple. Auto in a 16oz cup to get biggest yield. No transplanting all start to finish in the cup. This challenge is all about skill. I hope to see u in the running.

I too think this is going to be an awesome thread

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Strain: auto AK47
How many: 5
Time till harvest: 10 weeks
Light wattage: the sun

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
its on like donkey kong bi@tch's......................... :D

my money is on mossy,La Buena Hierba, dirt digler and my self:moon:

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:wave: guys,

Thanks for the thread, i'll love to do this party cup challenge :) so i'll join hehehe
Strain: Blue Dream, ( Big Kush )
How many: 4
Time till harvest: 9 weeks
Light wattage: unknown yet

Bighill

Awsome to see the intrest fellas! LBH, 16 weeks, whoow you are going to be last one in for sure! I am going with a more sati strain as well. Will be interesting to see if the more indi strains end up weighing more, from density, rather than size.

Mossy, i am curious what you are running for the comp? Maybe some of your density lines.?

This is my entry.
Strain: Auto assasin (Untested F2's) No guts no glory!
How many: 10
'Til harvest: 10 weeks
Watts: 400mh till sex 600hps to finish

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
This is a show I'm going to hang in there for, and probably get in on too.

F

FullDuplex

I am glad to see all the interest in this. I also like seeing there are a lot of vet growers involved. I have a feeling that we are going to see some real skill in this challenge. This is going to be a great way to end the summer and i have finally decided on what i am going to run.

Strain: Ill be running Bud Wider
How many:4/5
Time till harvest:9 maybe 10 weeks
Light wattage: 250 MH till sex then 250 HPS till harvest

as always good luck to all of the entries!

Nicoli

Veteran
We'll see if I cant make room for another beer cup in my cab.

Here's my last beer cup..

only yielded 3.3g dry..

Nothin' spectacular :) Maybe i'll try a stretchier strain this time.

Count me in i'll get a clone ready.

anonamix

Great thread!

If you dont mind, id like to make a logo/banner/sig-trophy graphic. Ive been messing with digital art alot lately and I think this could be a cool project. I'll send some prototypes your way :artist:

And I'll let you know my entry soon. still debating bewtween 2 diff strains to use. Back later, once again great thread this sounds like fun.

:tiphat: