What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official Summer 2010 Party Cup Challenge

M

mossy

picture.php

see..I have an extra leaf finger where you have the pistil.
and you will notice that it is a very defined leaf trait.

picture.php

F

FullDuplex

The little ones are looking nice my friend. Good color and they seem to have taken off. I take it they are taking nice to they heavy airrated water. It always seemed to me that they could take a little more water than normal when its applied this way

cheers for sharing it...:tiphat:

Anytime, couldn't think of any body else than the group here. Were looking for AF world domination here :jump:

(IF you have the Maj Botany book..go to page 90..
see the tric/leaf anomoly I picked up.)

I wish i did. I have one kinda like that one but it dosent go into detail like that would.

Yours is completely different.

I guess it is singular..not matched on the opposite side..?

Interesting, I looked below and saw your pics of the same thing but with the leaf. I can see that there only here and there on the plant and the rest look normal. This is whats going on in my case. Currently this is the only fan ATM that has this trait, so indeed it is one sided.

(I was always taught..love your freakie and anomolies...because that is where New plants come from)
IF you can prove it is not simply conditional.

IF it IS an anomoly..and the anomoly is 1 sided...
then the likelyhood is it is so fleeting in the pool and un-stable that it would take a hell of a lot of Work to bring it into dominance..
But..
IF it IS an anomoly..and it shows a matching pistil on the coresponding leaf..
then although not in dominance..
it is relatively stable..and could possibly be caught.

It will be Interesting to watch how she develops.....:tiphat:

I think we should re-name her Fang....

My fingers are crossed that i see it on some of the new growth. Right now there are no others like it. The thing about this plant Mossy is that this was the one that was growing upside down:)
It was a little slow at first but now its taking off. It was determined to grow. Like you have always said "Hearts of Lions." The good thing is that i have a BB male in there with it, if it indeed is female. Im going to wait for an actual preflower of some sort before i call this one. Either way i want to watch this grow and see what it beholds, if female i can only imagine it kicking my...............:moon:

Happy Wed everyone, I leave you with Fruity Pebbles :)

picture.php

Bighill

Now that is a cloven pheno!!!
Have they all gotten huge on you aswell?
Those do look big to me!! lol, When i see leaves like those i get all excited because i know what i have instore.! It's nice having a visual trait to watch for.

I think the peace sign jems are just a mutation of the clovens. They can't be from the conditions, because FD has them and i do too, his are just a X of jems mine are pure.

I like the idea of mutations in the jem line...Maybe i can get one that has a mutation of the potency gene. More the reason to use jems to instill the auto trait, when breeding. IMO.

Mossy, of all those jems i show'd you, i think i got 6 or so that are showing cloven traits. They are direct in the ground sooo..
:jump: massive yeilds!!!!!

Come on mother nature.
Bh.

Tropic

I've found these exact leaf mutations (like Mossy's) in some f2s of Mossy's Mix (not Jems) this year. I don't know how related the Mix and the Jems are, but I found it interesting to see this mentionned in this thread.

F

FullDuplex

I think the peace sign jems are just a mutation of the clovens. They can't be from the conditions, because FD has them and i do too, his are just a X of jems mine are pure.

I like the idea of mutations in the jem line...Maybe i can get one that has a mutation of the potency gene. More the reason to use jems to instill the auto trait, when breeding. IMO.
Bh.

I have to agree with you here BH. There is no way that all three of us have seen this in different environments and it be conditional. You have yours in the ground and mossy's are outside too but in pots, and mine are all indoor. Id like to think that i have created a good environment but there is no way i could have dialed it in that good. I think the two of you live in different regions (not sure) but i know there has to be some variation in climate. I really dont think its conditional here, its deff a trait in the JEM line.

Like you said, yours a pure and mine are a X but there mostly JEM dom, i can see that. I think this is a trait that is not fleeting but becoming dominate, id like to lock this in and get the whole plant to do it. I think between the three of us we should either get close or be able to pull it off. Glad i kept the BB male in there time to harness some genes. Because she showed her hairs today :jump::jump: Got me a real Bad Betty

so thats 1 boy 4 girls. All together out of 6 seeds i got 2 boys and 4 girls....awesome breeding mossy:tiphat::tiphat:

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
moss man, my water comes straight from the tap. right into the jug, mixed with nutrients, and fed to the plants. once the plants start to flower, on a two week basis, i feed with clearex first and then start the nutrient feeding process all over again until about a week prior to chop. then i just use clearex, put them back in the box for 4 days, and let them sit in darkness for three days.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
where's everyone's updates? am i wasting my time or what?. i saw a lot more names in the beginning. what the fuck is going on?

F

FullDuplex

where's everyone's updates? am i wasting my time or what?. i saw a lot more names in the beginning. what the fuck is going on?

I agree here man i think that its me, you, mossy, BigHill, and anonamix that have really made the updates. Ill be getting mine in there either tonight or tomorrow. Got to get somethings done around the house.

I hope that others are still doing well and id like to see more updates. Its just a let down from all the others that said they were in and now no word.

One thing that i have learned from this run is that both Bad Betty and Budwider are NUTE monsters. They want to be fed. I think that this may be the first strain that i have grown that needs nutes in the first week. I never usually feed them in the first week or the week leading up to the second, i can tell you that after these guys hit one week they needed nutes. I can still see some of the damage from no food on the lower older foliage of the plants.

HookaHittaH

I think I am pretty much pullin out of this. I am only left with 2 Bad Bettys and they aren't really taking off. All my other seedlings I had going suffered from some sudden auto death in the beginning.... I would rather get my 2 lone Bettys in the soil so they can stretch they're legs. Temps in my area are too hot to be growing in a beer cup. I think this comp is better suited for an indoor grow. Me and a buddy will be doing and indoor auto sog this fall time.... Looking forward to that grow.... Good luck guys I'll still be watching.

Bighill

My cups are doing starting to do thier stuff, i gave them a 48 hour bubbled tea yesterday. They are looking better today. I'll post some pics in a few days nothing much to show other than super tight nodes..

I wouldn't worry about people not showing.. How often does some one say to you oh yeah i can get this for this.. then.... days... weeks... months.. lol you guys know the gig. Talk is cheap as fuck!

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fullduplex. awesome idea man but it seems everyone else except the four named don't know what they're doing or don't care enough. i'm done with this venture. if anyone cares to see how mine turn out they'll be updated in my thread.

Last edited:

the END

For being one to follow along but not yet myself participating. I don't see much sense in abandoning a thread or being bummed that the hype died out. Overall, It is an excellent concept and since it will one day be history; I feel it should be a sort of ongoing experiment, where anybody might post their 16oz beer cup autos for years to come!
Though this did begin as a contest, with dates and guidelines, we will just have to wait and see what becomes next I suppose...

On the other hand, PLants grow quite slow, maybe a handful of people will decide to update nearer the end with actual buds? I dunno just being optimistic. Regardless I know I'll be doing these experiments when I have beans and would post whether in competetion or not.
:blowbubbles:

M

mossy

Regardless I know I'll be doing these experiments when I have beans and would post whether in competetion or not.
I think it will be a hell of a learning thread...... :tiphat:

moss man, my water comes straight from the tap. right into the jug, mixed with nutrients, and fed to the plants. once the plants start to flower, on a two week basis, i feed with clearex first and then start the nutrient feeding process all over again until about a week prior to chop. then i just use clearex, put them back in the box for 4 days, and let them sit in darkness for three days
Cheers Smokey..I was wondering.
I noticed your germinations are alway very robust and strong..
I was wondering how you did it.
Mine came up lax in the small pots..and I think it is down direct to the amount of watering I have to do.

I have to say...the ph balanced water Seems to be having effect..
certainly my first germ seems to be perking..and I thought I was gonna lose her...she was looking very insipid.

The thing that worries me now....:chin:
is the fact if I can see it have such a noticible effect on the health of my girls...
what the hell is it doing to US....:look at this:
WE drink that water too.

Bighill...I resolved the worry about the Lemonade test
(when in doubt..test it on something that has similar growth patterns..and that isn't as valuable.)
I have two pots of tomato clones going...
and they volunteered to be guinea pigs...:biglaugh:
so..
one pot will be given my canna ferts..and the other will be given lemonade
"No AF's will be hurt in the making of this experiment......"
:good:

Temps in my area are too hot to be growing in a beer cup
Yeah..my probs exactly HHH..
I measured the patio tile temp at 49 degrees centigrade..120.2 farenheit yesterday.
Too hot to walk on.
and my girls bums are on that..

FullD..I caught the Pots post..and will be back to talk.
But..
first the water.

I got the PH down powder last sunday and the girls have been on it ever since.
Got myself a little poll PH kit..
but the problem is it only goes down to PH 6.8.
My water is below that..but I need to have a better guage to test accurately.
Since they have had the water..and a couple of ferts they have perked..:plant grow:
and I have more hope that they will at least live..haha.

The experiment with the single plant in a small pot V's multi potting..

I pulled this one fom the multi-pot to show against the individual pots..
to my eye it is at least twice the height..
twice the stem width..
and 30% wider on head width.

Impressive to see..
But even more so when you realise that the multi-potter are 6 DAYS younger than the individuals.

Most long season grower would say..pah..6 days..she will catch up..
But..it is not so simple with AF's.
6 days is almost 1/8 th of her full growing time.

Plus..it is in her most vital growing time..
from germ to sex is the only AF veg period..
the bigger she gets in her first 3 weeks the bigger your harvest after 8..

picture.php

picture.php

angel4us

ICMag Donor
down and out

down and out

sorry guys im out too! had a unwanted visitor iin my airspace-defcon 4 around here-FUCK mike madigan-(illinois speaker of the houseof representatives)we have enough votes for medical laws to pass but dickhead mike madigan wont call bill for a vote - fuckin old school prick!!!

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Im in love with this thread! Cannot wait to see who wins at the end! I should have a good supply of beans next time this competition goes up, and i will be waiting! Cheers!:tiphat:

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My auto beans arent doing good, got the 2nd set of leaves and start dieing,,, i have 1 left ... i guess my garner burned them .... ill post some pics if it worth viewing ... The FTA are doing opposite ... i dont know why ...

looks like i have 1 left... if this one gone im out too = (

red.

anonamix

Daamn (edit) Smokey! they are goin so strong! :dance013:

My babies are still that.. babies. lol. Not sure what i'm doing wrong, probably a combo of things as the current envoirment inst the most ideal. renovations soon i hope.

But heres the PC..

picture.php

and heres a blurred pic of the purple ak..

picture.php

Bighill

Smokey: Too bad mate. Mabe post near your finish.. Don't see why not?! I think LBH is on hollidays, other people dunno?.. I didn't think we had to post ALL the time?!

Mossy: Good to hear no AF's are in danger :D I await the test results. Your point about ants was legit, also interested in that.

RedSpaghetti: Seems to be some thing with that.. I even had a few die on me. I think it is from my hot mix.. I don't really condone the use of hot soil on seedlings.. Felt it was worth the risk this time though. Your non AF beer cup thread is rocking.. I'll post in there when mine do some thing.

Anon: No worries man, mine are slower that yours are, my cups aren't drying fast enough...
The one isn't drinkin much at all, i have it close to the air flow to dry it up.. I think i need to let the soil get nice and crispy once here.. Let them perk up, and a good watering after that.

This is the point of the thread really, so we can weed out the better cup methods, without having to do 4 runs our-selves. Cheer up folks things rarely go as planned. My cups are still going so i'll post results even if i'm the last one to.

Last edited:
F

FullDuplex

fullduplex. awesome idea man but it seems everyone else except the four named don't know what they're doing or don't care enough. i'm done with this venture. if anyone cares to see how mine turn out they'll be updated in my thread.

Thanks man and i appreciate that you came and joined. Ill come see them from time to time as they begin to finish. They look great so far. good luck with them and good karma sent:tiphat: