What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains that autoflower

M

Micro420

Google Lowryder and Lowryder hybrids. Those are the only true auto flowers out there. There have been a bunch of breeders crossing with other strains to improve the general autoflower. Any other strain you will have to play "god" with to get the flower process. Unless your growing outdoors which will be fall time before flower.

Auto flowers are genetically program to flower around a certain date, which have a shorter lifespan than most mj plants. They usually lack the yeild and potentecy of other plants. But from personal experience they are a fun strain to grow. Don't expect a huge yeild and one hit quitter type of smoke.

Taproot

sorry I ask the question wrong.what strains that are not auto flowering strains,start auto flowering in veg . I had a LUI moom that did this and was hell to clone.I'm asking what other strains show this same tendancy? Taproot

voxberry

well, it seems you have a wird problem . that should not happen, or maybe you really have an auto flowering plant .

the lowerider is auto flowering because they used an cannabis rudelensis plant when creating this strain , SO, check out the parents of your strain, and see if it does have any auto flowering parents .

peace !

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really don't have any experience with auto plants, save for one.
GrowDoc's "Angel Dust" is a male only "auto" flower plant. The males all show up at about 20 days veg or so, and some will burst open with viable pollen just a few days later.
Now, my experience with these is limited as well, and I only had 4 males to work with and only used 2 of them. The one that spewed lots of pollen during the veg had very viable pollen, and the plant seemed to be a full on male. The other male I had kept showed clusters of sacs during veg, but never really opened them up until it was put into flower, where it hermied and started growing pistols big time. It was culled at that point, and what did get painted with it was marked for an experiment.

GrowDoc claims this trait gets passed on to progeny, such as his BubbleDust.
I have SSH x AD, Carnival x AD, and ADxAD for some F2's.

The females do not show anything until flower. Apparently the males are the only autos.
I'm not so sure we know all we think we know about what makes these plants do this...although some sure seem to feel they have it all figured out..(shrug)

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
hoosierdaddy i've noticed the same thing with most males if there left root bound to long,but as soon as they've been transplanted to larger pots they revert back to vegative growth.

You can find auto-flowering plants in alot of the early varieties but they veg for atleast 8 weeks before they start flowering,early girl ,biddy early,mighty mite and other earlies do this .

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
most dedicated outdoor beans from here are auto or semi auto when grown indoor

lipasss

Strains with auto that I know : Lr, Lr2, Ak47 auto, Bluberry Auto, White Russian Auto, Lemon Skunk Auto, Draft Auto, Masterlow, Hindu Kush Auto, Diesel Ryder, White Rose- there might be some more I forgot about.
Check White russian from lowlife. This is their strongest strain with THC at 22%. I have just harvested my plants with buds full of WR f2 seeds. I will try to grow them soon.

Last edited: