What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S.A.D. S1 // Black Jack // Ice Cool

Mohadib

Veteran
Hello everyone,

Earlier this year I was lucky enough to win first prize in one of the monthly Sweet Seeds Photographic Contests, and so I was gifted three packs of 5+2 seeds of my choice: SAD S1, Black Jack and Ice Cool (who would have though, considering the title of this thread).

Anyway, because of ongoing space issues it took me quite some time to be able to start this 'project'. And since I have so many interesting things to grow out, I will have to 'hunt' through these ladies one by one.

Since I'm exclusively growing for my own supply, I only use a 250 watt HPS for flowering, so please don't expect giant buds. However, I'm sure you'll get an idea of what the different strains have to offer regardless.
I'm using conventional soil that I amend with perlite, gypsum and some quicklime as a long term PH buffer. Pot sizes vary from 1 to 2 gallons (this time, all three are in 1 gallon pots).
I only use nutrients when I think they're needed, so I don't follow any kind of strict feeding regime. I use nothing special - conventional stuff as well, since I have never noticed any differences to dedicted nutrient lines (except for the price). So you might call me a minimalist in these regards. The plants don't seem to mind :biggrin:

BTW: I'm planning on making weekly updates, until I chop them, but I cannot promise it'll always work out, because, you know, life might get in the way^^

Last but not least, I want to use this opportunity to shout out another big "Thank you!" to the Sweet Seeds team for their generosity and - of course - their nice genetics!

Now to the (hopefully) more interesting part...

Currently the first three plants are at flowering day 7 (from flipping to 12/12):

S.A.D. S1

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

She grew flawlessly from day one. Very beautyful leaf shape and a nice strong structure. I'm supprised by her stretch though. Within one week she grew about 30% taller...
Her aroma is already very pronounced and very complex: Earth, musk, peaches, chocoloate and a slight 'smoke' aroma. Really, really nice!

To be continued

Last edited:

Mohadib

Veteran
Black Jack

Black Jack

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

She grew just as well as the SAD. Considering the leaf structure as well as the plant structur altogether, this pheno seems to be very Jack Herer dominant. This is also reflected by her aroma, which is rather subtle, but very nice: A nice and light skunk smell that's accompanied by a gentle citrus note - just the way I know JH. I'm really looking forward for some nice incensy buds :)

Tbc...

Mohadib

Veteran
Ice Cool

Ice Cool

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The Ice Cool was a little slower at the beginning and stayed comparetively small. After the flip she caught up nicely though.
She has a really strong and peculiar aroma of Thai food and lemon.
From the character and 'thickness' of the smell, I'd say that she will reward me with some very, very rich and tasty buds!

So much for now:tiphat:

microbe

salut.moi aussi j ai de la SAD. pas beaucoup de strech pour moi aussi. mais super sympa a tous point de vue...bonne chance: Tiphat:

Mohadib

Veteran
UPDATE - F14 - Black Jack

UPDATE - F14 - Black Jack

Black Jack 14 days into flowering; 51 % Stretch. As of yet, she seems to be the fastest of the bunch...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
F14 - S.A.D. S1

F14 - S.A.D. S1

S.A.D. S1 14 days into flowering; 60 % Stretch. She seems to be the slowest of the bunch...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
F14 - Ice Cool

F14 - Ice Cool

Ice Cool 14 days into flowering; 37,5 % stretch. Not much to say about her. She still smells intoxicating and does what she's supposed to do...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's it for now :tiphat:

Mohadib

Veteran
F21 - Black Jack

F21 - Black Jack

Black Jack 21 days into flowering. 58 % stretch. Building up niceley. The smell is definitely what I know from straight Jack Herer at this stage: A tropical, lemony nail-polish-remover-smell, that comes off as highly synthetic - I'm pretty sure she'll carry that lovely lemony frankincense smell in the end. Noice!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Mohadib

Veteran
F21 - S.A.D. s1

F21 - S.A.D. s1

S.A.D. S1 21 days into flowering. 82 % stretch. She cought up niceley in terms of flower development. Surprisingly, her newer leaves are super skinny and look rather sativa'ish. Beautyful plant!
She has a very peculiar smell right now, predominantly hashy as well as woody, sour and musky. It reminds me of a subtle and expensive after shave...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Mohadib

Veteran
F21 - Ice Cool

F21 - Ice Cool

Ice Cool 21 days into flowering. 52 % stretch. As of yet, she has to catch up in the trichome department, but I’m quite confident she will. Currently she smells like Sour Lemons, Diesel and Earth. Really nice!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Mohadib

Veteran
F28 - Black Jack

F28 - Black Jack

Black Jack 28 days into flowering. 60,5 % stretch. Not much to tell. She does her job und looks good doing it. Her aroma has gotten a little more sweet and savory, but she still smells like a synthetic solvent with a lemon twang. Really, really nice!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Mohadib

Veteran
F28 - S.A.D. S1

F28 - S.A.D. S1

S.A.D. S1 28 days into flowering. 90 % stretch. As you can see, she upped her bud production quite significantly, preparing for growing a nice fat and frosty cola. Her aroma has gotten much more woody and hashy which reminds me of old school Sensi NL. The after shave touch has faded a bit, which is a pitty imo. But I'm still very keen on finding out how the end product will smell and taste^^

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
F28 - Ice Cool

F28 - Ice Cool

Ice Cool 28 days into flowering. 55 % stretch. This lady seems to be a little slower than the rest in terms of bud production as well as in terms of trichome development. Well, time will tell... Her aroma has intensified heavily though. She still reeks of sour lemons, earth and diesel + a mystery compound that reminds of nothing I have ever smelled - pretty awsome!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mohadib

Veteran
F35 - Black Jack

F35 - Black Jack

Black Jack 35 days into flowering. She's stretched out. Her aroma has gotten even more savory and sweet, making her resemble the typical Amnesia/SSH aroma more and more. I'm a little bummed, because I've hoped she'd be less sweet and more peppery/lemony/incensy. Well, we'll see how she turns out - she still smells VERY nice :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Mohadib

Veteran
F35 - S.A.D. S1

F35 - S.A.D. S1

S.A.D. S1 35 days into flowering. No more stretch. After a rather slow start, she's now the fastest and most resonous!
She smells like a horse stable, unless you touch the resin, then she smells increasingly sweet and musky, but also woody and spicey and little like cardamom - very unusual, but nice! :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts