Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.A.D. S1 // Black Jack // Ice Cool

Hello everyone,

Earlier this year I was lucky enough to win first prize in one of the monthly Sweet Seeds Photographic Contests, and so I was gifted three packs of 5+2 seeds of my choice: SAD S1, Black Jack and Ice Cool (who would have though, considering the title of this thread).

Anyway, because of ongoing space issues it took me quite some time to be able to start this 'project'. And since I have so many interesting things to grow out, I will have to 'hunt' through these ladies one by one.

Since I'm exclusively growing for my own supply, I only use a 250 watt HPS for flowering, so please don't expect giant buds. However, I'm sure you'll get an idea of what the different strains have to offer regardless.
    I'm using conventional soil that I amend with perlite, gypsum and some quicklime as a long term PH buffer. Pot sizes vary from 1 to 2 gallons (this time, all three are in 1 gallon pots).
    I only use nutrients when I think they're needed, so I don't follow any kind of strict feeding regime. I use nothing special - conventional stuff as well, since I have never noticed any differences to dedicted nutrient lines (except for the price). So you might call me a minimalist in these regards. The plants don't seem to mind

BTW: I'm planning on making weekly updates, until I chop them, but I cannot promise it'll always work out, because, you know, life might get in the way^^

Last but not least, I want to use this opportunity to shout out another big "Thank you!" to the Sweet Seeds team for their generosity and - of course - their nice genetics!

Now to the (hopefully) more interesting part...

Currently the first three plants are at flowering day 7 (from flipping to 12/12):

S.A.D. S1

She grew flawlessly from day one. Very beautyful leaf shape and a nice strong structure. I'm supprised by her stretch though. Within one week she grew about 30% taller...
    Her aroma is already very pronounced and very complex: Earth, musk, peaches, chocoloate and a slight 'smoke' aroma. Really, really nice!

To be continued
    Last edited by Mohadib; 08-04-2017, 09:05.

Black Jack

She grew just as well as the SAD. Considering the leaf structure as well as the plant structur altogether, this pheno seems to be very Jack Herer dominant. This is also reflected by her aroma, which is rather subtle, but very nice: A nice and light skunk smell that's accompanied by a gentle citrus note - just the way I know JH. I'm really looking forward for some nice incensy buds :-)

Tbc...

Comment

Ice Cool

The Ice Cool was a little slower at the beginning and stayed comparetively small. After the flip she caught up nicely though.
      She has a really strong and peculiar aroma of Thai food and lemon.
      From the character and 'thickness' of the smell, I'd say that she will reward me with some very, very rich and tasty buds!

So much for now

Comment

salut.moi aussi j ai de la SAD. pas beaucoup de strech pour moi aussi. mais super sympa a tous point de vue...bonne chance: Tiphat:

Comment

Originally posted by microbe View Post
          salut.moi aussi j ai de la SAD. pas beaucoup de strech pour moi aussi. mais super sympa a tous point de vue...bonne chance: Tiphat:
          Pardon? French isn't really my strong point

Comment

You got some super healthy looking plants.am tuned in for the grow

Comment

Nice. I have Some blackjack too, as a test. Bit smaller. I like the smell

Comment

Originally posted by Amaalza View Post
                You got some super healthy looking plants.am tuned in for the grow
                Thanks! Hopefully something something interesting comes from it

Originally posted by Florere View Post
                Nice. I have Some blackjack too, as a test. Bit smaller. I like the smell
                Nice! Does yours smell similar to mine or is it something completely different?

Comment

I don't know. Hard to put in words. I find it a bit sweetish lemon smell

Comment

UPDATE - F14 - Black Jack

Black Jack 14 days into flowering; 51 % Stretch. As of yet, she seems to be the fastest of the bunch...

Comment

F14 - S.A.D. S1

S.A.D. S1 14 days into flowering; 60 % Stretch. She seems to be the slowest of the bunch...

Comment

F14 - Ice Cool

Ice Cool 14 days into flowering; 37,5 % stretch. Not much to say about her. She still smells intoxicating and does what she's supposed to do...

That's it for now

Comment

F21 - Black Jack

Black Jack 21 days into flowering. 58 % stretch. Building up niceley. The smell is definitely what I know from straight Jack Herer at this stage: A tropical, lemony nail-polish-remover-smell, that comes off as highly synthetic - I'm pretty sure she'll carry that lovely lemony frankincense smell in the end. Noice!

Last edited by Mohadib; 08-17-2017, 13:35.

Comment

F21 - S.A.D. s1

S.A.D. S1 21 days into flowering. 82 % stretch. She cought up niceley in terms of flower development. Surprisingly, her newer leaves are super skinny and look rather sativa'ish. Beautyful plant!
                            She has a very peculiar smell right now, predominantly hashy as well as woody, sour and musky. It reminds me of a subtle and expensive after shave...

Comment

F21 - Ice Cool

Ice Cool 21 days into flowering. 52 % stretch. As of yet, she has to catch up in the trichome department, but I’m quite confident she will. Currently she smells like Sour Lemons, Diesel and Earth. Really nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X