What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Doubts and Suggestions [7th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition]

SweetApolo

Doubts & Suggestions

All doubts and / or suggestions you have about the contest,
You can do them in this post that we have opened for it.

Remember that it is forbidden to contact the moderators to submit questions about the contest.

If you have a question, submit it here so that we can resolve it and that other users can also answer your question if it is the same.

¡THANKS!

20.png

Montuno

...como el Son...
Hello.
I think the contest closes at the end of May-beginning of June...
What happens then with the growers of outdoor photodependents?
I myself usually germinate between May and June...
A big greeting.

SweetApolo

Hello.
A big greeting.

Hi buddy!

Yes, the contest ends on May 23rd.

These are dates that we have already applied during previous competitions.

In future competitions, we will try to be able to extend the months of the competition. But currently the date is that and it is definitive.

Sweet smokes!
- Apolo

Great outdoors

Hello.
A big greeting.

Have to agree. An October/ November date would allow for both outdoor and indoor entries. Other than those in the southern hemisphere but the majority of traffic here seems to be from northern.
I have 4 sweet seed strains I plan to germinate in April for next years outdoor season. Guess I miss out...

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi GreatOutdoors!

We totally understand that. Maybe we can do something different next time. Either way, in the meanwhile you always have our offer of seeds in exchange for a grow diary, as long as you already have at least one finished grow diary in this or any other cannabic forum where Sweet Seeds® is present with a subforum.

All the best and sweet smokes! :peppermintstick:

tommy

Great outdoors

Hi GreatOutdoors!

We totally understand that. Maybe we can do something different next time. Either way, in the meanwhile you always have our offer of seeds in exchange for a grow diary, as long as you already have at least one finished grow diary in this or any other cannabic forum where Sweet Seeds® is present with a subforum.

All the best and sweet smokes! :peppermintstick:

tommy

Thanks Tommy that sounds good. I haven't done a grow diary on here yet as I just joined in August. Just posted a bunch of pictures of my plants this year on the " anything outdoors" thread. I have 40yrs of outdoor growing experience but I guess next years grow will be my first diaries.
I am really interested in your fast flowering strains as something that finishes mid September is so much better quality at my location than something that finishes late September, early October. I have packs of cream caramel, cream mandarin and red mandarin in the fast versions. I also have a pack of psicodelicia for an earlier sativa to try, hopefully will be done for me around the end of September.

G

Hello!Maybe reconsider photo contest of the month to be held exclusively in each forum?More gifts ,more participation and more advertisement by people growing your gear this way.That's my point of view.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hey Syd :tiphat:

Thanks for your suggestion. Probably we are not going to do that this year, as we already have the competition running and would be hard to get budget for more initiatives, but next time we will think about it. We once had a monthly photographic contest here at ICMag (as you probably know) for about 2 or 3 years, and results were nice but never outstanding either.

Oh.. and by the way, we have not announced it yet but we have a special exclusive prize of 500,00€ in cash for the best grow diary here at ICMag. It does not compare to what you are suggesting, but it is an exclusive prize for this forum.

Thanks again and kind regards :smoke:

tommy

Montuno

...como el Son...
I have just received this envelope from the Spanish Mediterranean, smelling of orange blossom and gunpowder (it comes from the city of Valencia). But inside there were no oranges or fireworks...
Very fast. Thank you very much for this gift.

picture.php

Saludos montunos desde la vertiente Norte de Sierra Morena.

Uzsidoboz

Hello!
I would have 1 questions:
I would have liked to have tried the competing seeds outdoors. Is it still possible to claim them?

Sorry for any errors! I use Google Translate

SweetApolo

Hello!
I would have 1 questions:
I would have liked to have tried the competing seeds outdoors. Is it still possible to claim them?

Sorry for any errors! I use Google Translate

Hi buddy!
You can participate if you comply with the contest rules. The contest ends on May 23rd.

Sweet smokes!
Apolo

Uzsidoboz

I would like to ask, if I did join already or should I open a new thing on the sweet seed topic or just copy my link? How I will know if I am on the tournament? Thx

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Skinning,

You just have to do as stated in the competition rules. If you fulfil the requests mentioned, you just have to say that you are going to participate in the competition. If you don't fulfil the requests mentioned, you would have to send us an email as explained in the competition rules.

For now, asking seeds to participate is not possible anymore. It was possible between October and the 10th of March. Besides that, it is already a bit hard to start now and have it finished on time, as the competition finishes by the 23rd of May, in 66 days. So, even with the fastest autos, you would have to sprout them today and hope that they finish on time to get at least 8 or 10 days to dry for the final smoke report. This is why getting seeds to participate was only possible until the 10th of March.

Kind regards,

tommy

Hey guys! It's solidopc, I was growing your stuff back when you had a handful of strains.

I have had diaries on here. Told you I'd be back!

Are these competitions still going on?

I am in if they are.

I have a mother plant I got off a friend of mine. But I've never had a bad sweetseeds plant, only good to amazing.

I'm going to be buying a couple or 3 seeds, as I may have a go at looking for a mum amonsgt my favourite strains here.

Mostly just cos they are so consistent with the quality, it's just raising the odds of a special one popping up.

Any recommendations for me? I have a mum of Purple Punch. I want to sat Black Jack or Cream Caramel.

I want something that is going to be mostly haze/kush I'm not huge on skunk. & I prefer flavour & taste over potency.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hey solidopc! Long time no see :D

Nice to have you around. Unfortunately I don't think we'll do the competition this year. Maybe some other initiative or contest though. You're in the UK, right?

For Kush and Haze genetics, besides the obvious Killer Kush F1 Fast Version®, Purple Punch OG® or Sweet Amnesia Haze®, I would recommend you a look at our San Fernando Lemon Kush®.

Black Jack® would also be a good option, which you named in your post.

Thanks for the visit and sweet smokes!

Note: don't forget to tell me if you're from the UK or somewhere else, if you prefer to send that by PM, go ahead, I see you have few posts in this forum so I'm not sure if you can use the PM system, but let me know.

Sweet smokes!

tommy