What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Fast Turnabout? - Green Poison FV & Killer Kush FV Grow

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Hello sweet people,

So... These ‘fast version’ seeds have me intrigued. Photoperiod plant with some early flowering times seem kinda handy when you want a quick harvest just before it gets too hot. I’m looking forward to seeing how the end quality matches up.. I’ve heard good reports about both these varieties so hoping I can do them both justice.

Here are my little seedlings, two of each of GP and KK fast versions.

picture.php

The plan is to (maybe) LST a little and flower small, hopefully finishing sometime in June.

It’ll be my first grow using a pair of new Migro led 3500k 100w cobs. Before I was using a single small 3k 130w Quantum Board from Invisible Sun.

The new units
picture.php

Very happy with the build quality of these, and the fact they run off a single driver that’s easily dimmable. Let’s hope they perform..

As for nutrition..
I’ll be using Biobizz Allmix, Plant Magic - Oldtimer Organic Grow & Bloom, PK 8-4, Epsom Salts, Root Stimulator and General Organics Bio Bud.

Hopefully all goes smoothly.. :D

bibi40

Great choices mate ,

i got really good results in outdoor with those strains ,
i' m a Killer kush lover :biggrin:

you will do killer bud indoor for sure :dance013:

:tiphat:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Great choices mate ,

i got really good results in outdoor with those strains ,
i' m a Killer kush lover

you will do killer bud indoor for sure

Looking forward to the show mate

Thanks bros, welcome aboard :)

Things are as you would expect right now - uneventful..

You can pretty much tell which plants derive from skunk genetics and those from Kush genetics..
picture.php

picture.php

Hope everybody’s keeping safe :)

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Here we are again :D

After a re-pot into 11 litre cloth pots things are progressing..

picture.php

KK
picture.php

GP
picture.php

You’ll see that they look a little pale. I thought the Biobizz Allmix would be a little stronger than it turned out to be and so only watered in some Epsom salts and root stim when they were potted on. I’ve just given them a full feeding so they should come back a little greener very soon.

As soon as they look like they’re healthy then these will go into flower. I don’t want big plants this time round, just little something before summer. Plus, I’m expecting some stretch from the GP’s..

The new lights are doing really well :) Haven’t got any complaints about them as yet. They look miles away from the plants in the pic but are the recommended 35cm from the plant canopy. They’re on about a third of their top power, turning them up a bit every day. What I like about having two non attached cons is that I can have them at different heights according if either variety decides to be taller than the other..

Hope alls well with everyone..

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Kalbhairav looks like they are liking your new lights and yes they will bounce back after that feed not that anything looks wrong to start with though:) Cannot wait to see them in full swing and I agree with you a little bit of up light at a time works wonders.:tiphat:

icon

ICMag Donor
Veteran
subbed for the ride along :wave:

Green Poison fv is a great strain i grew it 2 or 3 times i found most phenos had a bit jarring & overwhelming high lol, i took mine at 7 weeks flower although you can pull them at about 6 weeks. I found 2 different phenos indica dominant short compact & low yield but good body high & not as intense as the sativa leaning that has the jarring high but it had a much better yield. Both very tropical fruit smell & taste that i found really nice & always a joy to stick my nose it the jar.
Im also curious about the lights i watch all of MIGRO (Shane) videos on Youtube he's extremely honest & has a lot of good & useful info when testing lights weather its other companies or his.

noknees

These ‘fast version’ seeds have me intrigued. The plan is to (maybe) LST a little and flower small, hopefully finishing sometime in June

way into this grow! i've been wanting to try the kkfv a while, in a little perpetual. are you going to take cuts? :)

if it ended up going quicker in clone, that'd be cool. not just for speed/production, but to have mature/ripe to overripe buds for nighttime use in record time would be great!

best of luck, will be watching! :tiphat:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Kalbhairav looks like they are liking your new lights and yes they will bounce back after that feed not that anything looks wrong to start with though. Cannot wait to see them in full swing and I agree with you a little bit of up light at a time works wonders.

Thanks bro,
The pictures were probably making them look a little greener than they were. Just a tad pale on the lowers but seems to be looking better just a couple days in from feeding.

subbed for the ride along :wave:

Green Poison fv is a great strain i grew it 2 or 3 times i found most phenos had a bit jarring & overwhelming high lol, i took mine at 7 weeks flower although you can pull them at about 6 weeks. I found 2 different phenos indica dominant short compact & low yield but good body high & not as intense as the sativa leaning that has the jarring high but it had a much better yield. Both very tropical fruit smell & taste that i found really nice & always a joy to stick my nose it the jar.
Im also curious about the lights i watch all of MIGRO (Shane) videos on Youtube he's extremely honest & has a lot of good & useful info when testing lights weather its other companies or his.

Hey icon, good to see you here :)

Great that you’ve already grown out the GP FV.. I’ll have a browse in your albums to see what to expect.

Yeah, I’m a fan of Shane’s no bullshit approach as well. I bought these units from his UK eBay shop at 25% off. They’re meant to have some scratches on them somewhere but I can’t find any! There’s some really good fixtures around at the moment. If I hadn’t of bought these I might of gone for the new Lumatek units that have just come out (Shane also reviewed on of them). The price on those is very reasonable for the output and efficiency.

Growing good mate :biggrin:

:tiphat:

Thank you bibi :)

way into this grow! i've been wanting to try the kkfv a while, in a little perpetual. are you going to take cuts?

if it ended up going quicker in clone, that'd be cool. not just for speed/production, but to have mature/ripe to overripe buds for nighttime use in record time would be great!

best of luck, will be watching!

Hey noknees,

The KK FV has had some good reviews so I’m looking forward to seeing what’s she’s like.

My indoor operation is pretty small and I don’t have room for a veg chamber. So I won’t be taking cuts.. These seeds seemed perfect to flower out before it gets too hot. Just a quick harvest before the peak of summer.

Cheers all.. I’ll likely flip around May 5th

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
search the pink grapefruit pheno about KK ,

earliest , strongest and tasty :tiphat:

Oh thanks bibi :D
If I don’t get that pheno this round I may get it in another round in the future. I have a couple of seeds left so can always revisit the KK.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
First Day 12/12

First Day 12/12

Hello good people :)

I’ve had some good compact growth since I last posted pictures so I’m going to throw these into flower today.

picture.php

They’re looking good except one of the KK’s is looking a little droopy. I just gave them another feed today so hopefully it’ll pick up.

Now things will get more interesting (or least in a couple of weeks) :D

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Nice job m8 here we go,, the fun starts now you can see the difference on that feed you gave them filling out more now :tiphat:

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Did a little inspection this morning and found these!!

picture.php

I wasn’t expecting to find pre-flowers on a KK so early, after only two days of 12/12. It’s not exactly a super mature plant either. Maybe the pre flowers were already forming? It’s still a surprise since upon last inspection on Sunday I didn’t see any. Maybe the auto genes are strong in this one.

Here’s a cool double serrated leaf on the same KK plant.

picture.php

I’m wondering now if I wasn’t a bit fast in putting them in flower. They’re just starting their 8th node showing super dense growth so far. I’m anticipating stretch but I might not get a great deal with these lights.

I’m now on around 90% power..

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
Welcome back to the cabbage patch :D

I didn’t think they’d grown that much until I compared them to pics from the last update. Nothing much to report except no problems..

picture.php

picture.php

The GP in the upper right has massive fan leaves and is super bushy. All the plants are starting to produce nice branching with the exception of the GP in the lower right, she’s shorter than the rest and stumpy. Funnily enough this was the same space that my NL runt was siting in last grow.

Here’s a pic of some very frilly serrations on one of the KK’s

picture.php

The pic doesn’t do it justice, these leaves really are cool..

In comparison with a GP leaf

picture.php

So that’s all for now. I’ll update again when there’s actual fuzzy balls of pistils to see.

Stay happy people

Latest posts

Latest posts