What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Experienced SAD growers needed.

M

Matthewrayrgv

I know nothing of growing pure indica hybrids and Sweet Seeds SAD looks like a good place to start . I have two main question. What is the ideal environment for her (temp, light,watt,soil)? Also what is the best pheno to really get the knock out power out of her or what are some of its characteristics to look out for?

Thanks so much!

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hi Matthewrayrgv!
nice to see you around this sweet subforum. I am sure you will be happy with all the phenos in the SAD because all them are really potent and very easy to grow.
The ideal environment is the same for all the cannabis indica, the only difference may be the health from each plant, and this is something that you will see in the grow.

We could help you if you make a diary here, it will be very interesting to watch it for sure.
sweet smokes!
jaypp

Sweet smokes!

S

scai

picture.php

Long strechy one.
picture.php

Squat one.

I got two phenos, maybe there is still some more?

M

Matthewrayrgv

Hi Matthewrayrgv!
nice to see you around this sweet subforum. I am sure you will be happy with all the phenos in the SAD because all them are really potent and very easy to grow.
The ideal environment is the same for all the cannabis indica, the only difference may be the health from each plant, and this is something that you will see in the grow.

We could help you if you make a diary here, it will be very interesting to watch it for sure.
sweet smokes!
jaypp

Sweet smokes!

Thanks for the reply! Its just the desired effect is that of narcotic like stone (as many have described it to me) and I hear that certain phenos are less indica than others which is why I would like to know specifically which one is best for my desired effect.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment...nt.php?attachmentid=268008&stc=1&d=1400893512

This is the only SAD I have grown. It has a calm, serene feel to it and plenty of power.

If you were to smoke more than the 2 hits I limit myself to, I am sure you would get couchlocked. I am guessing the shape of the plant is not that important in guessing the high you will get. This one looks a bit stretchy but no sativa energy for me from it.

Attachments

• SAD.jpg
    SAD.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 19
  • SAM_0428.jpg
    SAM_0428.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 19
R

ricardopunxs

i grow sad in the past and its a good indica strain very relaxing and good for sleeping
with a nice taste and smell too
its a quick flowering period and very homogeneas and stable

NotaProfessor

I've grown SAD. The link to my grow is in my sig.

I would say it's easy to grow. It has really just one pheno I can tell.

The only tip worth giving is to grow it out longer than the 8 weeks I did. The run I did could have gone to 9 or even 10 weeks for a much stonier high. At 8 weeks I got some good smoke but it could have been better with a couple more weeks.

Check out my grow. It's not a long thread and I documented it fairly well.

there goes edro

Veteran
I ran 3 SAD last year. Had a lot of environmental problems, which killed one and stunted the other two. Once I got them into a better location they bounced back and turned out nicely. Nice taste and nice Indica buds. Got a couple of seeds left and some SAD X Bubba Kush (Sweet Bubba) seeds I'll run together. Just digging through some of my other genetics but I can't wait to see how she performs under better conditions. Just my two cents, somebody give me a dollar back!