What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream mandarine & Green Poison auto testgrow!

wiklund

Hi!

I have started a test grow with Greenpoison auto and cream madarine auto from Sweet seeds. There is three of each strain. They all stand in a dripper system with greenhouse powderfeeding, under an overdrived 400HPS.
They are a little nuteburned but looks ok. The green poison grows a little bit taller then the mandarine.
The lower 1/2 of the branches was cut of when the first hairs was showing on day 19. It is now day 21 and i will update with a picture in a couple of minutes : )

Peace!

wiklund

Picture

Picture

The three smaller plants to the left is cream mandarine auto.
The three bigger plants up to the right is green poison auto.

Attachments

• DSC00085.jpg
    DSC00085.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 31

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi wiklund!

Welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum :tiphat:

Thanks for starting this grow diary with two autos from 3rd Generation ;)

I hope you enjoy growing them. So far they are looking very good, seems like they are growing with lots of vigor.

See you around my friend, sweet smokes!

tommy

wiklund

PH problem!

PH problem!

Hi!

I allways check the PH when i get new solution in my growtank. I am not as good on checking ph in the actual tank.
Today i checked the ph in the tank and it WAS 5!!! The nuteburn problem is probably problem with ph, not nutes.
Becouse i do not have any way to drain the tank, i took 3liters of tap water, blended it with a teaspoon of ph up, then down the tank. To blend the solution i used a beater. Then when i pulled up the beater it was filled with rootmass i accidential got tangled in, what the fuck, how can i be so stupid.
Ya ya, things happends. One hour has gone by and the ph is now 6.

I hope this little error will not fuck up my grow so much.

Sorry for my crappy english :biggrin:

Peace

wiklund

PH isue

PH isue

Hi again!

Now i have been at the hydroponic store and got some new ph calibrating fluid to get my digital ph-tester the correct numbers.

I have also checked the ph in the tank, it is now 5,7.
Totally accepteble.
I will keep my eyes on the ph in the tank from now on.

Will update with new pictures on sunday.

Peace!

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Nice grow, man ! Glad that you fixed your pH problems... Your english is good !
I tried a Green Poison Auto outdoor in the summer, and although she had a very hot summer, she did just fine and I loved the smoke, very potent for me ! I'm sure you'll love it too...
Good luck with your grow !
Peace, HJ.

wiklund

Nice grow, man ! Glad that you fixed your pH problems... Your english is good !
I tried a Green Poison Auto outdoor in the summer, and although she had a very hot summer, she did just fine and I loved the smoke, very potent for me ! I'm sure you'll love it too...
Good luck with your grow !
Peace, HJ.

Hi!

My plan was the same. I planted the same seeds this summer. I always go with autos in the summer. The problem was that my friend who vegged them for me for two weeks had trips. So two weeks after i planted them outside they got really sick from all the trips.

So now i give the seeds another trie, this time indoor. But the space they are standing in is not heated or insulated. So auotos is perfect. Then i can keep the light on all the time and heat the space. I also use a warmer in the tank. It will keep the water at 18 degrees celcius. The fan i use go on when the space is 22Celcius or warmer.
Were i am it is about 5Celcius at night, and 12Celcius daytime.

Peace!

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
I also had thrips on my auto...
I made a water and soap spray but unfortunately I put too much soap so it was too strong. Most of the fan leaves turned yellow so I removed them but the yield wasn't reduced at all and I got rid of the thrips.
If you'll have thrip problems from now on, use Spinosad on them with confidence. I've seen it in action on my other outdoor plants and it works like a charm.
Can't wait to see some buds !
Peace, HJ.

wiklund

I also had thrips on my auto...
I made a water and soap spray but unfortunately I put too much soap so it was too strong. Most of the fan leaves turned yellow so I removed them but the yield wasn't reduced at all and I got rid of the thrips.
If you'll have thrip problems from now on, use Spinosad on them with confidence. I've seen it in action on my other outdoor plants and it works like a charm.
Can't wait to see some buds !
Peace, HJ.

Hi!

I used pyrex on my plants to get rid of the thrips. When i went back to check on them it looked like someone have put them on fire. They died. If i get the same problem again i will use the old water soap trick.

Peace

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Pyrex is bad for them, but Spinosad is 100% organic, it's made from a soil bacteria...
But with any pest control, organic or not, you have to watch the dosage...
Good luck, man !
Peace, HJ.

wiklund

Allmost burned my forest down!

Allmost burned my forest down!

Hi!

Today when i was checking my growroom i discovered that my growlight had fallen down over my little forest. Most of them have made it allright, but my biggest plant was really burn by the bulb. Will they manage this? Will they get ok?

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi wilklund!

Wooops... :noway:

If it was not an auto I would advise you to cut the top of the plant, like pruning her.

And even being an auto I think that if the plant was mine I would top her, because it seems like she has very good side branches that can compensate the trouble.

Or else you can leaver her like that and she will very probably recover well anyway.

Good luck my friend, sweet smokes! :kos:

tommy

wiklund

The final prune!

The final prune!

Hi!

I went with Tommys advise. I topped the big one who was burnt.
The other ones, i lollypopped them one last time. Now i will leave the untill the final chop.

So here is the pictures at day 25.

Hi wilklund!

Wooops... :noway:

If it was not an auto I would advise you to cut the top of the plant, like pruning her.

And even being an auto I think that if the plant was mine I would top her, because it seems like she has very good side branches that can compensate the trouble.

Or else you can leaver her like that and she will very probably recover well anyway.

Good luck my friend, sweet smokes! :kos:

tommy

Attachments

• DSC00090.jpg
    DSC00090.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 27

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi!

I went with Tommys advise. I topped the big one who was burnt.
The other ones, i lollypopped them one last time. Now i will leave the untill the final chop.

So here is the pictures at day 25.

I guess you did the right thing wiklund ;)

All good now to your babies, see you around, sweet smokes!

tommy

wiklund

Large vs small

Large vs small

Next time i will do a run with just one strain. The stretch of green poison is almost dubble vs cream mandarine. I need to raise the light every day if i dont want to burn the poison. Meantime, the cream mandarine get lesser and lesser light down below.
Will update with new pictures on friday.

Peace!

wiklund

update

update

Hi!

Here is some new pictures. The Green poisons are very light green and have droopy leaves? Is this heat stress? The cream mandarine are looking nice and green, but are really short :)

Attachments

• DSC00091.jpg
    DSC00091.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00092.jpg
    DSC00092.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00093.jpg
    DSC00093.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 26