What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SAD question

C

Classy@Home

Just ordered a pack of SAD, based on the posted description of "selfed Black Domina" from a keeper mom.

Other sites that list those beans say they are a hybrid cross w/ an Afgani.

I really only wanted Black Domina genetics - have I bought the wrong beans?

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Classy@Home! Welcome to this subforum! :smoke:

You bought the right beans, don't worry. Sweet Afgani Delicious seeds are made out of a selection of Black Domina in all its splendor and was never crossed with any other genetics. The Black Domina elite clone used was selected in 1998 and since then became famous in Spain, even before the Sweet Seeds seedbank was born, winning many prizes in cannabiscups, since 2004.

Of course with Black Domina seeds you would get many different phenos, plants with different structure, different aromas and even slightly different highs. With SAD you get more homogenous plants, with the same characteristics as the elite clone used since 1998, as I first mentioned. And as it was a very good selection, not only you will get Black Domina but also you'll get the best Black Domina possible.

I wonder where you found that info saying that they are a hybrid crossed with an afgani... But please, don't post it here, hehehe, if you want to share it send it to me in a private message.

We have a hybrid of Sweet Afgani, that's Mohan Ram, which is Sweet Afgani crossed with White Widow. And yeah... also Black Jack is a Jack Herer crossed with our Black Domina elite clone. But Sweet Afgani Delicious S1 is not a hybrid, as the S1 states for... it's an autopolinization.

Thanks again for your interest and hope you enjoy your SADs ;)

Keep it high!

|tommy_g|

C

Classy@Home

Cheers, bud...

I've always wanted BD, but found pickings scarce. Made my year to see 'em...

THC123

Veteran
i tried em it makes rockhard white nugs with a very strong smell

it's sweet but not fruity sweet , had 2 plants and both the same pheno

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi mate!

If you consider Sensi Seeds Black Domina as a "pure Black Domina", than Sweet Seeds Black Domina is definetly a pure Black Domina ;)

Keep it sweet, thanks for the visit! :smoke:

|tommy_g|

Herbo

Hey Tommy, I'm growing one SAD I bought back in Spain past year, I tought it would look more like an indica with broad leaves, compact etc, but instead it has a long thin leaf, I wondering if this is the right pheno.

Synthettek

I have nothing but good things to say about the SAD..
I ran her about 6 years ago, kept a cut of her for at least 4 years. The only reason I don't still have it, is I stopped growing.

You'll find a keeper No Problem.
Good luck

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi guys!

Welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum Herbo and Synthettek! :tiphat:

Thanks for your feedback Synthettek and thanks for your question Herbo ;) Le me make use of part of an answer I gave in this forum to someone who had a similar question.

Yep Herbo, I know what you mean. From my personal experience I guess you can get 2 different phenos. And even maybe a third pheno, not so easy to get, more like a mix of the other two, an intermediate. I had the opportunity to sprout some good 12-15 seeds and this opinion is based on that.

The 1st pic is from a less Indica pheno (the "Sativa" you mention) and the 2nd pic is from a totally Indica pheno, the "easiest to get" pheno, most of the sprouted seeds produce plants like in the 2nd pic. I guess your Sweet Afgani is like the plant from the 1st picture...

picture.php
picture.php

The dark orrange hairs pheno in the jar and the last pic would be what I call of an intermediate, somewhere in the middle of the 2 other phenos. This one is less usual to "appear" but is also a very nice plant...

picture.php
picture.php

Would be interesting to see a pic from your plant, if you still have any ;)

And, anyway, they share most of the characteristics announced in the catalog, at least in terms of taste/aroma they are very similar, being the "less Indica" pheno even sweeter and with a more pungent aroma. I hope you like it and sorry if you really wanted the "more Indica" pheno and ended up getting the wrong one..

Keep it high, sweet regards,

tommy

Herbo

Hey Tommy, thanks for the answer... don't be sorry man, the important is the quality of the weed, and the bean was huge and healthy, I have these old pictures, because my camera broke the USB connector I think and I can't download the new ones...
gallery_66220_6566_119999.jpg

gallery_66220_6598_51016.jpg

gallery_66220_6617_39205.jpg
gallery_66220_6566_44592.jpg

I'm not even sure if this is the less indica, now she's looking a little bit more sativa, not in size, still very bushy, but the leaves, right now they are like thins saws (with doubled tooth) and I will be doing her a mother together along 2 other strains for my first tries with clones...

But thanks a lot for your explanation! it's really good to be able to hear from you about the phenos of this strain, I bought the collection pack so I have one more SAD to try +2 Black Jack +2 Psicodelicias...

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Thanks my friend! You're welcome ;)

Yes, they usually have sativa like leaves but the plants structure remains more or less like an indica type structure, not growing that much in size, anyway, but with good branches.

Let me know how it keeps growing and all, with or without pics.

Keep passing by and don't hesitate to contact me in case you have any questions or comments.

PS: tens a descrição das fotos em Português :) hehehe ;)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

Herbo

Hey, thanks again, I'm a brazilian native (just trying to be organized one time on life), lived here and there in this beautiful planet ;) But my heart is settled in Barcelona, a little said because my plans was to go there this year to stay a while, but with this shit crisis...

The S.A.D. still growing beautiful, about 17cm and between 10-11 nodes (I'm feeding her mostly organic and she was on a 2,7l pot and I just transfered her to a 4,5l where she'll stay for the next 2-3 month as a mother, so I do not expect huge hidroponic plants). As you said, not tall with a lot of side branches... really good structure IMO, is she a good mother? I choose her because of her side branches, first time with mothers and clones so, not sure what I'm doing... just gonna need to wait a little more to enjoy her taste, I'll keep you up to date about her, and I NEED to fix my camera, I really like to keep my files organized and be able to watch the plant's evolution...

Cheers!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi mate! Thanks for your post :tiphat:

Yes, if the plant has lots of branches she could be a good option to keep as a mother, but in my opinion you should decide to keep her or not only after you judge her for production and quality of the aroma, taste and effect.

So, keep it at least until you have some flowers ready to be smoked and then you decide.

In the meanwhile keep passing by so we can have a look how the plant is developing and all. Hope you enjoy it ;)

NOTE: pois aqui deste lado está um português... :) Mas como nos entendemos bem em ingles nem há necessidade de recorrer à nossa lingua materna ;) Um forte abraço!!

:peppermintstick:

tommy

Herbo

Oi Tommy, bom saber, quando eu tiver dúvidas que não consiga expressar em inglês posso recorrer ao portugês ;)

You're totally right, I'm not really a madre/clone guy, I separate them first and will collect the branches to clone, them flower them to smoke, I have an AK-47 and a probably Jack 47 (from some buds I bought in BCN) flowering that I will do clones using the lower branches... worked before, should work again :p But I separate the S.A.D., a GreenHouse Cheese and a Blue Hell from medical seeds, looking for different tastes... I looking foward to try the cream caramel, the guy gave me the wrong pack (not charge wrong, just misunderstood what I asked :p) next time I'll bring some :)

PS: fiz umas amarras nela e reagiu muito bem, acho que em 1 ou 2 semanas faço clones.

S

scai

This Sad is such a good plant that I definately want her in to my collection.I do have Sensis line on Black Domina as a keeper, and mothet plant.
Last cross that I made, was Black Domina X Aces Vietnam Black Thai and I expect lot from that cross...
But to equall with wonderful VBT the mother should be SAD.
Next month, she will be my purchase...