What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream Caramel f, Cream Mandarin f, Red Mandarin f and Psicodelecia outdoor at 50N

Great outdoors

Weather is improving, almost hit 20C today. Little rain tonight and then maybe a few decent days of weather with temperatures close to 20C.

Cream Caramel

PXL_20210922_005401359.jpg
PXL_20210922_005336623.jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
That is a momma grizzly and her three 3yr old cubs.
No one is messing around with them!

Esa dicen que es la situación más potencialmente peligrosa, no?
No se nada de osos; en mi país solo hay osos pardos en las montañas del tercio norte peninsular, y creo son más pequeños y menos feroces que los norteamericanos....
Cual podría ser una "distancia segura" en un encuentro como el de tus fotos?

...Chulisimas las fotos, por cierto.

That is said to be the most potentially dangerous situation, isn't it?
I don't know anything about bears; in my country there are only brown bears in the mountains of the northern third of the peninsula, and I think they are smaller and less ferocious than North American bears.....
What would be a "safe distance" in an encounter like the one in your photos?

...Great photos, by the way.

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Wow still a Great show here. It seems that you are living at a beautyful Place <3 !!!

Do that bears have theoretically have access to your ground ?

Still pressing my thumps for good weather at your site!

Great outdoors

Esa dicen que es la situación más potencialmente peligrosa, no?
No se nada de osos; en mi país solo hay osos pardos en las montañas del tercio norte peninsular, y creo son más pequeños y menos feroces que los norteamericanos....
Cual podría ser una "distancia segura" en un encuentro como el de tus fotos?

...Chulisimas las fotos, por cierto.

That is said to be the most potentially dangerous situation, isn't it?
I don't know anything about bears; in my country there are only brown bears in the mountains of the northern third of the peninsula, and I think they are smaller and less ferocious than North American bears.....
What would be a "safe distance" in an encounter like the one in your photos?

...Great photos, by the way.

For sure this could be potentially dangerous, bears always are. But it is very situational and seasonal dependent.
You never want to get between a momma bear and her cubs. But they are together on the other side of the river. It is also fall, so the bears are focused on eating salmon. So if you don't disturb them and let them do their own thing, they will generally keep to themselves. If it was spring time it would be a whole different story.
Can't really give you a safe distance as it depends on so many factors. I have lived around the bears all my life and they are pretty much in my yard every day so I have a good sense of what each situation entails. But I have been bluff charged in the past and have had to bear spray a few over the years. Back in the guerilla days there were plenty of wild bear encounters.

PXL_20210921_174018050.jpg

Great outdoors

Wow still a Great show here. It seems that you are living at a beautyful Place <3 !!!

Do that bears have theoretically have access to your ground ?

Still pressing my thumps for good weather at your site!

Yeah bears are on my property most days. You have to be careful with what you feed the plants so it doesn't attract them. Had many plants stomped over from bears cruising through in the past. My dog does a good job of keeping them away from the immediate area around my house.
I am going to chop the Cream Caramel and Psicodelicia before the next big storm coming up here. The Cream Mandarin still needs at least a couple weeks.

Great outdoors

Well the Psicodelicia and Cream Caramel are down. Too big a storm coming through for them to be out any longer.
Cream Caramel is really hard buds with purple calyxes and a beautiful chocolate caramel smell. High calyx to leaf ratio especially for an indica, looks really nice.
Psicodelicia produced big time. I am guessing over a kilo but I will see. I am away at work right now so my wife had to harvest but judging by the area it took up there is lots there. 3 racks the size you see in the picture. Smells like sweet candy with hints of skunk. Medium calyx to leaf ratio and medium density, not as hard as the Cream Caramel. Really impressive strain, nice and hardy for outdoor and great vigor in growth. Psicodelicia had a few grams of mold but nothing too bad for the shitty fall we had. Cream Caramel was mold free.
More complete reviews of the strains once dried and trimmed in a month or so.
Just the Cream Mandarin left. It will go through this storm system the next few days and then it looks like some decent weather again.
One rack Psicodelicia hanging.

PXL_20210926_154513119.jpg

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
That's a very good harvest!!

I hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to tells about the smoke, once you have it dried and cured. 😋

Thanks for posting.

Great outdoors

Well the last one, the Cream Mandarin comes down today. Fairly finished, but a leafy strain. Probably make hash with a good portion of it as even the leaf is quite frosty. Smells like gassy hash with a hint of orange.
I can see some mold on the top colas but it looks to be limited.

PXL_20211004_160006502.jpg

Great outdoors

Well it's all pretty much dry and I have had some time off work to get a wack of it trimmed up. I still have 2/3 of the Psicodelicia to trim and all the Cream Mandarin, but the Cream Mandarin will mostly be for hash making minus a few top colas.
So here's the totals and smoke report/ rating of the Red Mandarin and the Cream Caramel.

Red Mandarin
Pretty solid on the yield, 895 grams of good buds, 102 grams of seconds (small hash making buds) Just shy of a kilo, and buds have been smoked previously, so really just over a kilo for yield.
Smell is a light orange menthol. Dry toke and taste is the same, very smooth but quite light on the flavor. Burns a long time and smooth down to the roach. Medium strength, but quite Up, a good daytime smoke.
I had absolutely no mold on this strain, good calyx to leaf ratio and overall vigor. When harvested had decent red and purple colors but lower buds I left on for weeks through cooler weather went a deep red/ purple and never got a drop of mold even though they were well over ripe.
Was early even with everything seeming to be a week behind this year so good on that front.
Only real negative other than it could be a bit stronger was strength of branches as stated earlier.
Overall I give it a pass and would grow it again.

PXL_20211028_193054795.jpg

Tops

PXL_20211028_193149764.jpg

Seconds

PXL_20211028_193203887.jpg