What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream Caramel f, Cream Mandarin f, Red Mandarin f and Psicodelecia outdoor at 50N

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Hopefully you get them thru the rain! At my site it is the same. My plants didn’t saw sun last 4 weeks and the forecast is the same. What a season.

Keep em going

Great outdoors

Here is a great picture to dispell the myth that cannabis is damaged or dies when temps drop below 12C. Last three days have had high temperature of 10C and lows of 5C. 100mm of rain in that time as well. Psicodelicia looking healthy and showing same amount of growth easily than if it had been fair warm weather. Picture taken at 10C temperature and maybe 5hrs after rain finished.
The key all lies on healthy thriving plants planted in the ground.

PXL_20210918_231721422.jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
I have never heard that plants have to suffer damage below 12°C (below 0°C is another matter)... but that their development slows down; more and more the lower the temperature drops, until they practically come to a standstill.

Great outdoors

I have never heard that plants have to suffer damage below 12°C (below 0°C is another matter)... but that their development slows down; more and more the lower the temperature drops, until they practically come to a standstill.

12C is all over the internet on how to grow outdoors.
But let's just skip that temperature and go with temperatures close to 0C. I have 40yrs growing experience outdoors at 50N. I can say that as long as the sun still has enough power that plants
will grow fine in the cool temps and do not stop developing.
Do you have any real world experience of this or are you just going with what you "heard" ?

Montuno

...como el Son...
Pues seguramente mucho menos que tu... Aunque mi microclima es uno de los pocos donde es común que los días más crudos del invierno en que las temperaturas puedan bajar de 0°C, sean días de sol esplendido...
Alguna vez también he germinado en Septiembre y Octubre, y reportado el fracaso de las plantas al afrontar en lo peor del invierno el inicio de su floración... Y sin embargo esto lo hace más de uno en el Mediterráneo, donde a pesar de poder estar más al norte que yo, y menos días sin nubes, y tener mucha más humedad...pero donde prácticamente casi ningún invierno hiela...

​​​​​​​Probably much less than you... Although my microclimate is one of the few where it is common that the coldest days of winter when temperatures can drop below 0°C, are days of splendid sunshine...
I have also sometimes germinated in September and October, and reported the failure of the plants as they face the worst of winter to start flowering... And yet this is done by more than one in the Mediterranean, where despite being further north than me, and fewer cloudless days, and having much more humidity... but where it hardly ever freezes in winter...

Great outdoors

Pues seguramente mucho menos que tu... Aunque mi microclima es uno de los pocos donde es común que los días más crudos del invierno en que las temperaturas puedan bajar de 0°C, sean días de sol esplendido...
Alguna vez también he germinado en Septiembre y Octubre, y reportado el fracaso de las plantas al afrontar en lo peor del invierno el inicio de su floración... Y sin embargo esto lo hace más de uno en el Mediterráneo, donde a pesar de poder estar más al norte que yo, y menos días sin nubes, y tener mucha más humedad...pero donde prácticamente casi ningún invierno hiela...

Probably much less than you... Although my microclimate is one of the few where it is common that the coldest days of winter when temperatures can drop below 0°C, are days of splendid sunshine...

This is typical when the sun is low in the sky. Long wave radiation releases heat from the surface to the atmosphere. When there is cloud cover it keeps this heat in. Not to mention clouds typically mean moisture brought from the relatively warm sea, so cloudy stormy weather in the winter is warmer in temperate climates.
Here in the winter it could rain or be wet snow during storms. Then when the weather goes clear it can be -30C.
​​​​​​​Our temperature swings between seasons is huge. In the summer I can see 45C and in the winter -35C.

Montuno

...como el Son...
This is typical when the sun is low in the sky. Long wave radiation releases heat from the surface to the atmosphere. When there is cloud cover it keeps this heat in. Not to mention clouds typically mean moisture brought from the relatively warm sea, so cloudy stormy weather in the winter is warmer in temperate climates.
Here in the winter it could rain or be wet snow during storms. Then when the weather goes clear it can be -30C.
Our temperature swings between seasons is huge. In the summer I can see 45C and in the winter -35C.

No debería ser por la altura del sol, cuando yo vivo más al sur de Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, o Valencia... Ibiza se encuentra casi en mi misma latitud, y la diferencia en el cultivo inviernal es brutal... Tu mismo te das la respuesta al hablar de la influencia en la temperatura...
Nunca he cultivado tan al norte como tu, pero ya que has preguntado por mi experiencia...: no se si habrás cultivado en otros climas diferentes para sacar conclusiones.... En mi país puedes encontrar desde clima desértico, tropical árido, subtropical húmedo y arido, mediterraneo, atlantico humedo...,hasta continental estepario, sin necesidad de subir más de 700 metros desde el nivel del mar...
Eso sí, yo no he pasado nunca de cultivar con mínimas menores de -5°C, porque las plantas solo sobreviven y mal...

​It shouldn't be because of the height of the sun, when I live further south than Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, or Valencia... Ibiza is almost at the same latitude as me, and the difference in the winter crop is brutal... You give yourself the answer when you talk about the influence of temperature...
I have never grown as far north as you, but since you have asked about my experience...: I don't know if you have grown in other climates to draw conclusions... .... In my country you can find from desert, arid tropical, humid and arid subtropical, Mediterranean, humid Atlantic... to steppe continental climates, without the need to climb more than 700 metres from sea level...
Of course, I have never grown with minimum temperatures below -5°C, because the plants only survive and very badly...​​​​​​

​​​​​​
7-January-2021 :

In my Sierra Morena it hardly ever snows every 5 or more years: some day of the worst winters a thin layer of snow can fall that barely set on the ground. Despite being far north of the famous Sierra Nevada (from which the others omonyms of the American continent take their names), our ceiling of about 1400 meters (I live somewhat below 900) is very far from its 3500.

But my 5-year-old niece who lives with me had asked the 3 Wise Men of the East ("los 3 Reyes Magos de Oriente") that it snow "like in foreign Christmas movies" ...
... And if you live in the Iberian Peninsula or Northwest Africa, you already know what happened: the Arctic storm "Filomena" descended as far south as the Canary Islands and Western Sahara, causing the heaviest snowfalls of which it finds historical references. (and that it did so in points where it had never snowed) in Morocco, Algeria, Portugal and Spain ...
It only lasted a few days, and then the temperatures rised again and everysnow melted ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(As the Camarón de la Isla's song..."Tiriti-tirititi... tiriti-titititi... tirititando de frío... Tirititando de frío...bajaban 4 gitanas, por la orillita de un río..."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqj8H_gcX9A

Psilocybo's Malawi Bangui

I recolected my Psilocybo's Malawi Bangui durin 2016-December-8, but I not recolected same lowest little buds in order to see how it developement with the Winter cold. The 2017-January-6 was the coldest night of the Winter (-5°C), n this pics of "frozen" little buds are from the next morning (January-7):

ada9bd78a35477994ac94a790cd9d623.jpg

1274714ce57e4cd52f36ff887bc0cd43.jpg

ecb67ea07c847c4afed101201f6655bf.jpg

1e8143aa1c49c432479bee1d30d76731.jpg

ef6dabab79923efd52d3fca16f043ec2.jpg

Great outdoors

No debería ser por la altura del sol, cuando yo vivo más al sur de Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, o Valencia... Ibiza se encuentra casi en mi misma latitud, y la diferencia en el cultivo inviernal es brutal... Tu mismo te das la respuesta al hablar de la influencia en la temperatura...
Nunca he cultivado tan al norte como tu, pero ya que has preguntado por mi experiencia...: no se si habrás cultivado en otros climas diferentes para sacar conclusiones.... En mi país puedes encontrar desde clima desértico, tropical árido, subtropical húmedo y arido, mediterraneo, atlantico humedo...,hasta continental estepario, sin necesidad de subir más de 700 metros desde el nivel del mar...
Eso sí, yo no he pasado nunca de cultivar con mínimas menores de -5°C, porque las plantas solo sobreviven y mal...

​It shouldn't be because of the height of the sun, when I live further south than Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, or Valencia... Ibiza is almost at the same latitude as me, and the difference in the winter crop is brutal... You give yourself the answer when you talk about the influence of temperature...
I have never grown as far north as you, but since you have asked about my experience...: I don't know if you have grown in other climates to draw conclusions... .... In my country you can find from desert, arid tropical, humid and arid subtropical, Mediterranean, humid Atlantic... to steppe continental climates, without the need to climb more than 700 metres from sea level...
Of course, I have never grown with minimum temperatures below -5°C, because the plants only survive and very badly...​​​​​​

​​​​​​

Well I was just trying to talk about cloud cover, weather and temperature there because I do weather for a living.
I have some experience growing in the tropics but not your latitude, though I am quite familiar with your general climate as I spent plenty of time in Europe during the past.

Montuno

...como el Son...
If one of them gets a taste of your ganja, he'll hibernate happily...

4, no less... I wouldn't even have dared to photograph them, heh... Be careful!

​​​​​