What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream Caramel f, Cream Mandarin f, Red Mandarin f and Psicodelecia outdoor at 50N

Great outdoors

Red mandarin looking like a week away

PXL_20210908_221307332.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20210908_221314673.NIGHT.jpg

Great outdoors

I also take mine down earlier than most. I really think over ripe bud has become a big thing the last 15yrs. I prefer the clearer high from less ripe weed. Basically once all calyxes have swelled, and at least half the hairs are red, I will cut the day before a big storm. Even with perfect weather I wouldn't let a all the hairs go red.
I also hang whole large branches with no heat for a 3 week dry, so it does mature a little more on the hang.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I grew a very nice Cream Carmel outdoors, nice yield and a nice smell, kinda odd but sweet. I can't really put my finger on another strain over the yrs with this kinda smell!! Can't wait to get some cured and ready to smoke!!! Sweet Seeds always has good stuff, I've grew a bunch of there strains. Also gotta Gorilla Girl that absolutely reeks!! I grew a GG indoors several years ago and loved the taste, it kinda had that Fire OG taste , this outdoor one has did great I've got now. Nice plants guys you can't do wrong on anything

Great outdoors

I grew a very nice Cream Carmel outdoors, nice yield and a nice smell, kinda odd but sweet. I can't really put my finger on another strain over the yrs with this kinda smell!! Can't wait to get some cured and ready to smoke!!! Sweet Seeds always has good stuff, I've grew a bunch of there strains. Also gotta Gorilla Girl that absolutely reeks!! I grew a GG indoors several years ago and loved the taste, it kinda had that Fire OG taste , this outdoor one has did great I've got now. Nice plants guys you can't do wrong on anything

My Cream Caramel is leaning towards a caramel hash smell now. It definitely has sweet tones.

Great outdoors

Classic example of the difference between east side and west side of the plant with the west side always finished first. Red Mandarin.

East side

PXL_20210912_191529627.jpg

West side

PXL_20210913_003010856.jpg

Colorful pistils and frosty bud. A little more skunk smell to the orange now.

PXL_20210912_222230864.jpg

Great outdoors

Well today was the day the Red Mandarin came down. 335cm was it's final height.
Could have used another week if weather would cooperate, but tomorrow morning some fairly heavy rain starts that lasts for a week. The branches were too heavy to take rain, and the buds were too dense and close to ripe to not start molding. As the old saying goes, One on the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush.
Still without being fully ripe it looks to be some super nice bud. Dense and heavy, lots of hand hash from pulling fans, and some of the buds had some beautiful purple and red calyxes. Didn't get the greatest pictures as I waited until the sun was off the plant to cut, and then cut alone. Had to give er to get it done before sunset, took me about 3hrs.
Looks to be 500 to 700 grams I have hanging. It was deceiving as the plant was so tall and spread out, but there wasn't a lot of leaf and all the buds were decent sized.
Here it is hanging. 3 meters across for a row and a half. Longest branches hanging are around 2 meters.
It will now hang with no heat and just a fan for 3 weeks

PXL_20210914_024402121.jpg

PXL_20210914_024812433.jpg
PXL_20210913_233148689.jpg

Great outdoors

Well here are some first final thoughts on the Red Mandarin fast. I say first because the true final thoughts will come after it is cured and weighed.
When I finished cutting last night I microwave zap dried a test bud and again for first joint today. I like to do this when I harvest to have an idea what the final product will be like and whether I should try to extend drying more. If it tastes really green, then you are going to try to extend your dry. Very impressive, did not have the slightest taste of green, just sort of a smooth nothing. Very high marks on the flash dry smoke test, should be some really tasty weed. High is very clear and strictly in the head, no body stone. Just what I like 👍. Going to say around medium on potency right now but all this will change some as it is cured and I can truly test it.
Growing wise I really liked the structure and it reminded me of the old Skunk #1 we used to grow in the late 80's. Very high calyx to leaf ratio and a super easy trim. Nice dense buds with that longer thinner Sativa shape to them. Beautiful colors and a smell of orange that was new to me, I am used to more grapefruity lemon tones.
Grew tall, like I said 335cm final height and produced moderate- the truth on that will be on the final weigh in.
It's cons really comes down to weak branches. It had the thinnest stalk and all the side branches had to be wired to the main stalk as they would droop and tear from the main stalk. The whole plant was more elastic and bendable, than woody and would sway in the wind something fierce. So if you want to grow one of these big be ready to do lots of supporting.
All and all especially with it's early finish, I would say it's a worthy strain and I would grow it again.

PXL_20210913_184213644.jpg
PXL_20210914_024354618.jpg

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Thanks for the report! Can really feel and taste how it is on your site :) Looking forward to all following conversations in your journal!

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Wow! That's fantastic, congrats on your harvest, mate!
We hope you enjoy the fruits of your labour ;)

Great outdoors

Well a little break from the rain yesterday before the really heavy stuff coming Friday.
Here's an update on the other three plants.

Psicodelicia is doing lots of leaning and is propped up with sticks everywhere. Two more weeks would be ideal, hopefully it makes it through this next heavy rain.

PXL_20210915_204927111.jpg
PXL_20210915_180325849.jpg
PXL_20210915_180333737.jpg
PXL_20210915_180018762.jpg

Great outdoors

PXL_20210915_204842952.jpg
And we will see how the Cream Mandarin does. Lots of bud growth to go yet. This plant smelt like diesel it's entire veg life and now it has a very light lemon hashy smell.

PXL_20210915_180106098.jpg

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Wow, this is all amazing, thanks for sharing ;)

And congrats for the harvest. I hope you enjoy it.

Sweet smokes!

tommy