What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream Caramel f, Cream Mandarin f, Red Mandarin f and Psicodelecia outdoor at 50N

Great outdoors

Red mandarin

PXL_20210831_003537564.jpg

Great outdoors

I think they will all be on track to advertised finish date except the Cream Mandarin. Red mandarin and Cream caramel are supposed to be mid to end of September. Psicodelicia end of September to first week of October. The Cream Mandarin is supposed to be early September but is looking more like early October.
Those bud shots are at the bottom of the plants as I would need a tall ladder to get upper bud shots. The upper buds are obviously well ahead of those lower ones.
​​

Great outdoors

Cream Mandarin starting to bud now

PXL_20210903_203210301.jpg

It is very sensitive to cold though. 2 weeks ago the nights started cooling off to 6 - 10C. The top leaves on the top of the plant took on the sleeping droop and hasn't been able to recover since.

PXL_20210903_203152979.jpg

Montuno

...como el Son...
Tus temperaturas mínimas nocturnas (creo entender que hace ya 2 semanas bajaron hasta los 6-10°C) podrían ser una explicación al retraso que observas en algunas plantas, respecto a las fechas de cosecha dadas en catálogo : Piensa que estas estarán basadas en el cultivo interior, y como mucho en el exterior en la zona climática de la ubicación de la Compañía...; y ahora mismo (dos semanas después de que tu alcanzaras los 6°C de mínima), las mínimas nocturnas en la zona mediterranea central española creo oscilan entre 20-22°C ​(y 6°C es una temperatura invernal, alla)​​​​​​...
Sin duda, la ralentización del desarrollo al bajar de 15°C podría llegar hasta la práctica paralización al bajar de 10°C...

Eso si y como creo te ha dicho ya un "paisano" mio, hay limoneros acá con menos tronco que tus bicharracas, je...
Mucha suerte en la fase más delicada del cultivo, y mucha salud para disfrutarlo.

Your minimum night temperatures (I think I understand that 2 weeks ago they went down to 6-10°C) could be an explanation for the delay you observe in some plants, with respect to the harvest dates given in the catalogue : think that these will be based on indoor cultivation, and at most outdoors in the climatic zone of the Company's location...; and right now (two weeks after you reached 6°C minimum), the minimum night temperatures in the central Spanish Mediterranean zone are between 20-22°C (and 6°C is a winter temperature, over there).​​​​​​..
Without a doubt, the slowing down of the development when going below 15°C could reach a virtual standstill when going below 10°C...

Of course, as I think a "fellow countryman" of mine has already told you, there are lemon trees here with less trunk than your little buggers, heh...
Good luck in the most delicate phase of the crop, and good health to enjoy it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m in big trouble with my Haze X’s …gigantic with not a flower in sight in the season is moving, they should be flowering heavily…I have ideas I’m bringing some of them inside after I chop them down to about half height:wtf:

Montuno

...como el Son...
star crash , es normal: apenas hemos empezado Septiembre; mi Green OldTimers Haze x A5 Haze tampoco tiene más que las preflores. Con tu clima supuse que tu plan desde el principio era finalizarlas en interior...
Recuerda que las sativas no solo necesitan más semanas de floración, sino además disminuir más las horas de luz diarias para desencadenar esta... Y tu tendrás aún unas 13 horas de día, aún...

star crash, it's normal: we've only just started September; my Green OldTimers Haze x A5 Haze have only pre-flowers, too. With your climate I assumed that your plan from the beginning was to finish them indoors...
Remember that sativas not only need more weeks of flowering, but also more hours of light per day to trigger it... And you'll still have about 13 hours of daylight, yet...

Great outdoors

Tus temperaturas mínimas nocturnas (creo entender que hace ya 2 semanas bajaron hasta los 6-10°C) podrían ser una explicación al retraso que observas en algunas plantas, respecto a las fechas de cosecha dadas en catálogo : Piensa que estas estarán basadas en el cultivo interior, y como mucho en el exterior en la zona climática de la ubicación de la Compañía...; y ahora mismo (dos semanas después de que tu alcanzaras los 6°C de mínima), las mínimas nocturnas en la zona mediterranea central española creo oscilan entre 20-22°C ​(y 6°C es una temperatura invernal, alla)​​​​​​...
Sin duda, la ralentización del desarrollo al bajar de 15°C podría llegar hasta la práctica paralización al bajar de 10°C...

Eso si y como creo te ha dicho ya un "paisano" mio, hay limoneros acá con menos tronco que tus bicharracas, je...
Mucha suerte en la fase más delicada del cultivo, y mucha salud para disfrutarlo.

Your minimum night temperatures (I think I understand that 2 weeks ago they went down to 6-10°C) could be an explanation for the delay you observe in some plants, with respect to the harvest dates given in the catalogue : think that these will be based on indoor cultivation, and at most outdoors in the climatic zone of the Company's location...; and right now (two weeks after you reached 6°C minimum), the minimum night temperatures in the central Spanish Mediterranean zone are between 20-22°C (and 6°C is a winter temperature, over there).​​​​​​..
Without a doubt, the slowing down of the development when going below 15°C could reach a virtual standstill when going below 10°C...

Of course, as I think a "fellow countryman" of mine has already told you, there are lemon trees here with less trunk than your little buggers, heh...
Good luck in the most delicate phase of the crop, and good health to enjoy it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I think what I said probably got lost in the translation. I am not seeing a slowing down of budding. I was just pointing out that the top of the Cream Mandarin shows the cold in pulling it's leaves over like when a plant is sleeping 😴
I highly challenge the common internet "fact" that cannabis is damaged or stops growing below 12C. With almost 40yrs experience growing outdoor, over a hundred strains and hundreds of kilos I can say that as long as day time temps get close to 20C, cannabis growth is unaffected by cool nights, even light frost. It takes about-4 to freeze the tissue and truly kill them. I have harvested plants under 50cm of snow and the bottom buds that were left had grown and matured weeks later after it warmed again. This obviously only applies to plants in the ground and healthy to begin with.
If anything I find the cool nights help to speed up the budding. Give them a kick that winter is coming and to get finished.
What truly ends the season here is in November when the sun is too low and just doesn't have enough power.

Great outdoors

I’m in big trouble with my Haze X’s …gigantic with not a flower in sight in the season is moving, they should be flowering heavily…I have ideas I’m bringing some of them inside after I chop them down to about half height:wtf:

I've moved late outdoor inside in the past. Came out great. Give them 11hr light when indoors and they should finish pretty fast.....