What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cream Caramel f, Cream Mandarin f, Red Mandarin f and Psicodelecia outdoor at 50N

Great outdoors

So I decided to give Sweet Seeds a go this year. I will document the grow here.
I have been growing for many, many years now but for at least the last 10yrs outdoor no till organics has been my thing.
Even though I am at 50N I live in a microclimate that borders on Mediterranean. Some years I am good outdoors until mid November, but I prefer to be done late September as it can be a bit of a crap shoot with the rains in October.
Seeds were first soaked April 15th, 2 of each. I will choose 1 of each strain for there final holes. They are a bit slow always at this stage as cool days they are just in my window, and sunny days they go out on my deck. Evenings are always inside until it gets warmer in a week or two here.

Cream Caramel Cream Mandarin
Red Mandarin
Psicodelecia
​​​​​​​

Attachments

• photo2041502.jpg
    photo2041502.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 55
  • photo2041504.jpg
    photo2041504.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 58
  • photo2041505.jpg
    photo2041505.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 54
  • photo2041509.jpg
    photo2041509.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 58

Great outdoors

Wow this new update on the site is really clunky and kind of painful. Hopefully the posting here smoothes out.....

So these are the homes were the plants will go. Each plant gets a mound. The mounds started as holes but 10yrs of no till and adding organic material and a super soil starter on top and they can really grow over time. I have always been a fan of mounds outside anyways.
Mounds before during and after adding this years mix of super soil.

Attachments

• photo2041514.jpg
    photo2041514.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2041515.jpg
    photo2041515.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 56
  • photo2041526.jpg
    photo2041526.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 53
  • photo2041527.jpg
    photo2041527.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 60
  • photo2041528.jpg
    photo2041528.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 57

Great outdoors

Last year's garden

Attachments

• photo2041530.jpg
    photo2041530.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 60
  • photo2041532.jpg
    photo2041532.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 63
  • photo2041534.png
    photo2041534.png
    561.3 KB · Views: 73

SweetApolo

Hi buddy!

Thank you very much for trusting our strains, and sharing your experience.

I will be very attentive to future updates. 😉

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

Great outdoors

Hi buddy!

Thank you very much for trusting our strains, and sharing your experience.

I will be very attentive to future updates. 😉

Sweet smokes!
-Apolo

I thought I would try some Spanish strains rather than all the same old here in Canada. I grow different strains every year. You only live once and there are so many different sweet smokes to try.
I liked that you were into the fast strains. I tend to look for them living at my latitude. I made some myself back in the 90's.
Hoping for some sweet flavors to come 👍

Great outdoors

So they are coming along slow and steady. Looking healthy, just slow with the cool weather. Just one Psicodelecia is looking like a bit of a straggler but that seed pack was dated 2014.
Warm weather is coming in a few days so these should take off and need a transplanting soon
Cream Caramel
Cream Mandarin
Red Mandarin
Psicodelecia

Attachments

• photo2042902.jpg
    photo2042902.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 53
  • photo2042903.jpg
    photo2042903.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 55
  • photo2042904.jpg
    photo2042904.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 53
  • photo2042905.jpg
    photo2042905.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 48

Great outdoors

Well transplant day is here. Lots of roots popping through the peat pots. A little cool today, might hit 15C but tomorrow onwards it is sunny and just keeps getting warmer. Things should start moving right along.
Put them in 12 litre grow bags for the next two to three weeks until I pick which pheno of each I keep and transplant to their final mounds.

Cream Caramel

Attachments

• photo2043598.jpg
    photo2043598.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 53

Great outdoors

Cream Mandarin
Red Mandarin
Psicodelecia

Attachments

• photo2043599.jpg
    photo2043599.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 47
  • photo2043600.jpg
    photo2043600.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 57
  • photo2043607.jpg
    photo2043607.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 50

Great outdoors

Well they have settled into their new homes and are starting to take off. Gave them a little compost tea yesterday to get things going. Soil has been cooking for a few weeks but with the cool weather it needed a little jumpstart.
Nights have been around 7C so there's some purple though it's hard to see in the pictures.
Cream Caramel and Psicodelecia

Attachments

• photo2044787.jpg
    photo2044787.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 49
  • photo2044788.jpg
    photo2044788.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 53

Great outdoors

Coming along now. Plants have made their connection with the soil life and they're healthy and happy. Will grow them around another week in the bags and then I will choose my final Phenos and transplant to their mounds.
I have pretty much choosen all my Phenos except for the Cream Mandarin. One has a more round, fatter leaves than the other but otherwise they seem pretty similar vigor wise. Anyone with any suggestions on Pheno differences on the Cream Mandarin?
Red Mandarin and Cream Mandarin

PXL_20210520_220231532.jpg

PXL_20210520_212034559.jpg

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I super cropped and fimmed my Cream Carmel. It's growing very well. The past 3-4 yrs I've stopped topping and just fimming. Most plants love it, but there's a few I just top. But the Cream Carmel I've got is very indica like

Great outdoors

I super cropped and fimmed my Cream Carmel. It's growing very well. The past 3-4 yrs I've stopped topping and just fimming. Most plants love it, but there's a few I just top. But the Cream Carmel I've got is very indica like

I'm going to let these grow naturally.
I love growing plants from seed and seeing what the Pheno naturally turns out like. I do have the advantage of unlimited space outside as my plants typically get 300- 350cm tall.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm going to let these grow naturally.
I love growing plants from seed and seeing what the Pheno naturally turns out like. I do have the advantage of unlimited space outside as my plants typically get 300- 350cm tall.

Yes the first 10yrs I grew I hated to top a plant. And I'll let some strains like Grapology go natural, Moby Dick I'll let grow 8ft. But I've really had some crazy results fimming the tops instead of topping completely . But I also like to not altar the plants sometimes. I grew that Indigo Berry Kush from Sweet outdoors last year and didn't top or anything. It got pretty big outdoors. I think it was in 10-or 5gal bucket. But that's another good strain from Sweet. Beautiful pics man and great start. Have you grew the Cream Carmel yet?? This is my first go with her. Also doing the Skittles for the first time!!! Really excited about these 2. I had a great pheno of the San Fernando Lemon Kush I grew for probably 2yrs before I moved on from it. It's alot stronger than the other SLK I've ran. So there's some keepers Sweet strains will have

Great outdoors

Yes the first 10yrs I grew I hated to top a plant. And I'll let some strains like Grapology go natural, Moby Dick I'll let grow 8ft. But I've really had some crazy results fimming the tops instead of topping completely . But I also like to not altar the plants sometimes. I grew that Indigo Berry Kush from Sweet outdoors last year and didn't top or anything. It got pretty big outdoors. I think it was in 10-or 5gal bucket. But that's another good strain from Sweet. Beautiful pics man and great start. Have you grew the Cream Carmel yet?? This is my first go with her. Also doing the Skittles for the first time!!! Really excited about these 2. I had a great pheno of the San Fernando Lemon Kush I grew for probably 2yrs before I moved on from it. It's alot stronger than the other SLK I've ran. So there's some keepers Sweet strains will have

Yeah I used to do my fair share of bending, fimming and pruning back in the days of having to disguise the plants from the air. But since it's been legal I enjoy growing the plant unmolested to it's full potential. If you think about it the Christmas tree shape evolved over time because it is the most efficient use of light over an area. As long as it is wide open and an unobstructed area. With my shorter grow season I also don't want to mess with the hormones so they finish as early as possible.
I have never run any of the sweet seeds before. I have only been running commercial seeds the last 5yrs or so. For years I always used clones of the various BC outdoor strains. But as you get older your connections dry up, and I like the idea of growing different strains every year. Too many flavors out there to try to grow the same strain twice is my new motto.
I tend to lean more to the sativa side with my grows and these, especially the Cream Caramel, lean a lot more indica, so we'll see how it goes.

Latest posts

Latest posts