Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cream Caramel f, Cream Mandarin f, Red Mandarin f and Psicodelecia outdoor at 50N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yummy yummy and congrats again. Do you use the Amanita?

Comment

Originally posted by Calle Minogue View Post
      Yummy yummy and congrats again. Do you use the Amanita?
      I have always given the Amanitas a pass. Had a friend a long time ago do them a few times.

Comment

Well the last one, the Cream Mandarin comes down today. Fairly finished, but a leafy strain. Probably make hash with a good portion of it as even the leaf is quite frosty. Smells like gassy hash with a hint of orange.
        I can see some mold on the top colas but it looks to be limited.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20211004_160006502.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	17958652

Comment

Well it's all pretty much dry and I have had some time off work to get a wack of it trimmed up. I still have 2/3 of the Psicodelicia to trim and all the Cream Mandarin, but the Cream Mandarin will mostly be for hash making minus a few top colas.
          So here's the totals and smoke report/ rating of the Red Mandarin and the Cream Caramel.

Red Mandarin
          Pretty solid on the yield, 895 grams of good buds, 102 grams of seconds (small hash making buds) Just shy of a kilo, and buds have been smoked previously, so really just over a kilo for yield.
          Smell is a light orange menthol. Dry toke and taste is the same, very smooth but quite light on the flavor. Burns a long time and smooth down to the roach. Medium strength, but quite Up, a good daytime smoke.
          I had absolutely no mold on this strain, good calyx to leaf ratio and overall vigor. When harvested had decent red and purple colors but lower buds I left on for weeks through cooler weather went a deep red/ purple and never got a drop of mold even though they were well over ripe.
          Was early even with everything seeming to be a week behind this year so good on that front.
          Only real negative other than it could be a bit stronger was strength of branches as stated earlier.
          Overall I give it a pass and would grow it again.

Name:	PXL_20211028_193054795.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	17977513

Tops

Name:	PXL_20211028_193149764.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	17977514

Seconds

Name:	PXL_20211028_193203887.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	17977515

Comment

Nice haul

Comment

Cream Caramel
              This strain is really a winner 🏆
              Yield was 773 grams of tops and 190 grams of seconds. This was with cutting 150cm or so off the top of the plant half way through budding. If it could of held itself up it would have been well over a kilo. Really hard nugs and a really good calyx to leaf ratio especially for an indica.
              Smell is a beautiful chocolate caramel and dry toke and taste are the same but with hashy undertones. Never had this flavor before and I love it. Really smooth again right down to the roach. On the lower end of strong but still not to much of a couch lock for an indica. I really like this strain and I am not typically a big indica guy.
              Not a drop of mold, even with the super hard nugs. Even lower buds that are still on the plant from the last couple weeks of 5C and rain have no mold.
              This strain is definitely worthy and I would grow it again with out hesitation.

Name:	PXL_20211028_193856566.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	17977550

Tops

Name:	PXL_20211028_193929223.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	17977551

Seconds

Name:	PXL_20211028_194008575.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	17977552

Making up a batch of Cream Caramel Scotch. I can only hope it adds that chocolate caramel flavor.

Name:	PXL_20211029_003956748.jpg
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	17977553

Comment

Originally posted by star crash View Post
                Nice haul
                How are the haze's fairing?

Comment

Name:	image_2083546.jpg
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	17978574Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2083547.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	17978575Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2083548.jpg
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	17978576Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2083549.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	17978577 Not good … only one finished … I should have known better ,but was a tad enthusiastic

Comment

ID:	17978577 Not good … only one finished … I should have known better ,but was a tad enthusiastic
                    Nothing wrong with a little gambling. As long as you don't put all your eggs in one basket 🧺.
                    That first pic that plant is sure loaded with some nice looking buds. Are the bud pics the same plant?
                    We just had our first hard freeze here last night. 2 to 3 weeks early this year. I think I will put this fall on record as the coldest, rainiest I have seen in my 30+ years living here.

Comment

Why dont you try a greenhouse?
                      Outdoors here is not much different than your experience, more or less at this time of autumm(end of april southern hemisphere) depending on the year is 10 days more or less and season is over. Only in greenhouse here you can do long flowering sativas and I think in your area situation is same.
                      You can light dep a greenhouse or use aditional lighting depending on your needs and you can heat it as well if you need
                      From my first year outdoor in a greenhouse I got some of the best weed I smoked this century
                      For a countryside grower anywhere in the world and in any latitude including tropics, greenhouse is probably the best option

Comment

Originally posted by funkyhorse View Post

Outdoors here is not much different than your experience, more or less at this time of autumm(end of april southern hemisphere) depending on the year is 10 days more or less and season is over. Only in greenhouse here you can do long flowering sativas and I think in your area situation is same.
                        You can light dep a greenhouse or use aditional lighting depending on your needs and you can heat it as well if you need
                        From my first year outdoor in a greenhouse I got some of the best weed I smoked this century
                        For a countryside grower anywhere in the world and in any latitude including tropics, greenhouse is probably the best option
                        That is part of my agenda

Comment

Originally posted by Great outdoors View Post

Nothing wrong with a little gambling. As long as you don't put all your eggs in one basket 🧺.
                          That first pic that plant is sure loaded with some nice looking buds. Are the bud pics the same plant?
                          We just had our first hard freeze here last night. 2 to 3 weeks early this year. I think I will put this fall on record as the coldest, rainiest I have seen in my 30+ years living here.
                          Yes and I’ll tell you why this was a success,, I discovered an early finished Haze Hybrid …she epic got the clone…no all my eggs were not in one basket…I have a lot of baskets

Comment

Originally posted by funkyhorse View Post

Two things I don't personally like about a greenhouse. You get more stretch from the reduced light is one. But the big one is you take the plants out of there natural balance with bugs and predators and now you are stuck spraying your plants much like indoor. Outdoors I never have to spray anything for pest management and that bodes well for me as I don't want to be smoking plants that have been sprayed. Don't care if it is only in veg, I like my weed all natural.

Comment

Yes and I’ll tell you why this was a success,, I discovered an early finished Haze Hybrid …she epic got the clone…no all my eggs were not in one basket…I have a lot of baskets
                              Exactly, worth going against the grain and doing a little experimenting sometimes 👍

Comment

The hardest part was cutting them down because there was no point to it anymore I knew this subconsciously over a month ago … I had to cull a 12 foot pure OHaze plant … Hardest cut of all …live and learn even at my old age…ps I still have more flowers than I know what do do with

Comment

Working...
                                X