Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cream Caramel f, Cream Mandarin f, Red Mandarin f and Psicodelecia outdoor at 50N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great outdoors did some Great job !
    - Female seeds Tester : Auto White widow x Big bud Auto Gelato
    - Urban Legends Auto Tester : Gorilla Cookies ; Fighting Gorillaz Mazarilla Gorilla Auto Critical Kush Auto
    - Sweet seeds 6th competition : Sweet Gelato Auto
    - Sweet seeds 7th competition ( Active ) : Killer Kush Auto
    - Mars Hydro grow journal contest 2021 ( Active ) : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=379208
    - HSO : Mango Sapphire (Still in progress)

Comment

Well today was the day the Red Mandarin came down. 335cm was it's final height.
      Could have used another week if weather would cooperate, but tomorrow morning some fairly heavy rain starts that lasts for a week. The branches were too heavy to take rain, and the buds were too dense and close to ripe to not start molding. As the old saying goes, One on the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush.
      Still without being fully ripe it looks to be some super nice bud. Dense and heavy, lots of hand hash from pulling fans, and some of the buds had some beautiful purple and red calyxes. Didn't get the greatest pictures as I waited until the sun was off the plant to cut, and then cut alone. Had to give er to get it done before sunset, took me about 3hrs.
      Looks to be 500 to 700 grams I have hanging. It was deceiving as the plant was so tall and spread out, but there wasn't a lot of leaf and all the buds were decent sized.
      Here it is hanging. 3 meters across for a row and a half. Longest branches hanging are around 2 meters.
      It will now hang with no heat and just a fan for 3 weeks

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210914_024402121.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	17942523

Name:	PXL_20210914_024812433.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	17942524Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210913_233148689.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	17942525

Comment

Congrats on your first harvest this season

Comment

Well here are some first final thoughts on the Red Mandarin fast. I say first because the true final thoughts will come after it is cured and weighed.
          When I finished cutting last night I microwave zap dried a test bud and again for first joint today. I like to do this when I harvest to have an idea what the final product will be like and whether I should try to extend drying more. If it tastes really green, then you are going to try to extend your dry. Very impressive, did not have the slightest taste of green, just sort of a smooth nothing. Very high marks on the flash dry smoke test, should be some really tasty weed. High is very clear and strictly in the head, no body stone. Just what I like 👍. Going to say around medium on potency right now but all this will change some as it is cured and I can truly test it.
          Growing wise I really liked the structure and it reminded me of the old Skunk #1 we used to grow in the late 80's. Very high calyx to leaf ratio and a super easy trim. Nice dense buds with that longer thinner Sativa shape to them. Beautiful colors and a smell of orange that was new to me, I am used to more grapefruity lemon tones.
          Grew tall, like I said 335cm final height and produced moderate- the truth on that will be on the final weigh in.
          It's cons really comes down to weak branches. It had the thinnest stalk and all the side branches had to be wired to the main stalk as they would droop and tear from the main stalk. The whole plant was more elastic and bendable, than woody and would sway in the wind something fierce. So if you want to grow one of these big be ready to do lots of supporting.
          All and all especially with it's early finish, I would say it's a worthy strain and I would grow it again.

Name:	PXL_20210913_184213644.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	17942900Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210914_024354618.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	17942901

Comment

Thanks for the report! Can really feel and taste how it is on your site Looking forward to all following conversations in your journal!

Comment

Wow! That's fantastic, congrats on your harvest, mate!
              We hope you enjoy the fruits of your labour

Comment

Well a little break from the rain yesterday before the really heavy stuff coming Friday.
                Here's an update on the other three plants.

Psicodelicia is doing lots of leaning and is propped up with sticks everywhere. Two more weeks would be ideal, hopefully it makes it through this next heavy rain.

Name:	PXL_20210915_204927111.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	17945038Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210915_180325849.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	17945039Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210915_180333737.jpg
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	17945040Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210915_180018762.jpg
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	17945041

Comment

Cream Caramel is smelling like a earthy chocolatey caramel. I have a little more hopes it will hold up.

Name:	PXL_20210915_175948555.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	17945049Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210915_180301600.jpg
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	17945050Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210915_180309475.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	17945051

Comment

Name:	PXL_20210915_204842952.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	17945060 And we will see how the Cream Mandarin does. Lots of bud growth to go yet. This plant smelt like diesel it's entire veg life and now it has a very light lemon hashy smell.

Name:	PXL_20210915_180106098.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	17945059

Comment

Wow, this is all amazing, thanks for sharing

And congrats for the harvest. I hope you enjoy it.

Sweet smokes!

tommy
                      Test Grows with Sweet Seeds

7th Sweet Seeds® Grow Diary Competition at ICMag

Foto-report of my trip to the Riff - Chaouen - Morocco

Comment

Hopefully you get them thru the rain! At my site it is the same. My plants didn’t saw sun last 4 weeks and the forecast is the same. What a season.

Keep em going

Comment

Originally posted by Calle Minogue View Post
                          Hopefully you get them thru the rain! At my site it is the same. My plants didn’t saw sun last 4 weeks and the forecast is the same. What a season.

Keep em going
                          If they make it through the next two days I should be good. Time will tell.

Comment

Here is a great picture to dispell the myth that cannabis is damaged or dies when temps drop below 12C. Last three days have had high temperature of 10C and lows of 5C. 100mm of rain in that time as well. Psicodelicia looking healthy and showing same amount of growth easily than if it had been fair warm weather. Picture taken at 10C temperature and maybe 5hrs after rain finished.
                            The key all lies on healthy thriving plants planted in the ground.

Name:	PXL_20210918_231721422.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	17946512

Comment

I have never heard that plants have to suffer damage below 12°C (below 0°C is another matter)... but that their development slows down; more and more the lower the temperature drops, until they practically come to a standstill.

Comment

Originally posted by Montuno View Post
                                I have never heard that plants have to suffer damage below 12°C (below 0°C is another matter)... but that their development slows down; more and more the lower the temperature drops, until they practically come to a standstill.
                                12C is all over the internet on how to grow outdoors.
                                But let's just skip that temperature and go with temperatures close to 0C. I have 40yrs growing experience outdoors at 50N. I can say that as long as the sun still has enough power that plants
                                will grow fine in the cool temps and do not stop developing.
                                Do you have any real world experience of this or are you just going with what you "heard" ?

Comment

Working...
                                X