Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cream Caramel f, Cream Mandarin f, Red Mandarin f and Psicodelecia outdoor at 50N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cream Caramel f, Cream Mandarin f, Red Mandarin f and Psicodelecia outdoor at 50N

So I decided to give Sweet Seeds a go this year. I will document the grow here.
    I have been growing for many, many years now but for at least the last 10yrs outdoor no till organics has been my thing.
    Even though I am at 50N I live in a microclimate that borders on Mediterranean. Some years I am good outdoors until mid November, but I prefer to be done late September as it can be a bit of a crap shoot with the rains in October.
    Seeds were first soaked April 15th, 2 of each. I will choose 1 of each strain for there final holes. They are a bit slow always at this stage as cool days they are just in my window, and sunny days they go out on my deck. Evenings are always inside until it gets warmer in a week or two here.

Cream Caramel Cream Mandarin
    Red Mandarin
    Psicodelecia
    ​​​​​​​

Wow this new update on the site is really clunky and kind of painful. Hopefully the posting here smoothes out.....

So these are the homes were the plants will go. Each plant gets a mound. The mounds started as holes but 10yrs of no till and adding organic material and a super soil starter on top and they can really grow over time. I have always been a fan of mounds outside anyways.
    Mounds before during and after adding this years mix of super soil.

Comment

Last year's garden

Comment

Hi buddy!

Thank you very much for trusting our strains, and sharing your experience.

I will be very attentive to future updates. 😉

Sweet smokes!
        -Apolo

Comment

Originally posted by SweetApolo View Post
          Hi buddy!

Thank you very much for trusting our strains, and sharing your experience.

I will be very attentive to future updates. 😉

Sweet smokes!
          -Apolo
          I thought I would try some Spanish strains rather than all the same old here in Canada. I grow different strains every year. You only live once and there are so many different sweet smokes to try.
          I liked that you were into the fast strains. I tend to look for them living at my latitude. I made some myself back in the 90's.
          Hoping for some sweet flavors to come 👍

Comment

So they are coming along slow and steady. Looking healthy, just slow with the cool weather. Just one Psicodelecia is looking like a bit of a straggler but that seed pack was dated 2014.
            Warm weather is coming in a few days so these should take off and need a transplanting soon
            Cream Caramel
            Cream Mandarin
            Red Mandarin
            Psicodelecia

Comment

Well transplant day is here. Lots of roots popping through the peat pots. A little cool today, might hit 15C but tomorrow onwards it is sunny and just keeps getting warmer. Things should start moving right along.
              Put them in 12 litre grow bags for the next two to three weeks until I pick which pheno of each I keep and transplant to their final mounds.

Cream Caramel

Comment

Cream Mandarin
                Red Mandarin
                Psicodelecia

Comment

Well they have settled into their new homes and are starting to take off. Gave them a little compost tea yesterday to get things going. Soil has been cooking for a few weeks but with the cool weather it needed a little jumpstart.
                  Nights have been around 7C so there's some purple though it's hard to see in the pictures.
                  Cream Caramel and Psicodelecia

Comment

Cream Mandarin and Red Mandarin

Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210513_222939811.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	17856682Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210513_222944259.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	17856683

Comment

Coming along now. Plants have made their connection with the soil life and they're healthy and happy. Will grow them around another week in the bags and then I will choose my final Phenos and transplant to their mounds.
                      I have pretty much choosen all my Phenos except for the Cream Mandarin. One has a more round, fatter leaves than the other but otherwise they seem pretty similar vigor wise. Anyone with any suggestions on Pheno differences on the Cream Mandarin?
                      Red Mandarin and Cream Mandarin

Name:	PXL_20210520_220231532.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	17861952

Name:	PXL_20210520_212034559.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	17861953

Comment

Cream Caramel and Psicodelecia

Name:	PXL_20210520_212021087.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	17861957Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20210520_212028259.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	17861958

Comment

Even had some fresh snow in the mountains 2 days ago and yesterday. Plants took it fine.

Name:	PXL_20210519_220344435.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	17861961

Comment

I super cropped and fimmed my Cream Carmel. It's growing very well. The past 3-4 yrs I've stopped topping and just fimming. Most plants love it, but there's a few I just top. But the Cream Carmel I've got is very indica like
                            sigpic

WV's this and that!!! on going flowering thread
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=368874

Mars-Hydro SP 250 grow just finished!!!!!....back going!!!!
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362317

Silverbacks complete threads
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=299104

My Albums
                            https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?u=65286

TerraBloom
                            https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...QaZKmHQ57WSI9K

www. mikrobs.com

https://microbialapplications.myshop...ollections/all

Comment

Originally posted by wvkindbud38 View Post
                              I super cropped and fimmed my Cream Carmel. It's growing very well. The past 3-4 yrs I've stopped topping and just fimming. Most plants love it, but there's a few I just top. But the Cream Carmel I've got is very indica like
                              I'm going to let these grow naturally.
                              I love growing plants from seed and seeing what the Pheno naturally turns out like. I do have the advantage of unlimited space outside as my plants typically get 300- 350cm tall.

Comment

Working...
                              X