Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Click here for Afropip's Durban Poison Repro Tester, or don't. I don't care.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"when i run outta weed, i smoke match sticks...
    that first hit is FIRE!!!"

"I'm not always a dick...but when I am, I drink cheap beer".

Comment

Thanks for the update Reiko. Can you tell me how much solution you water each time and how often? I ask because I had recent issues with over-watering with my latest batch of DP. I doubt they're any more sensitive than any other line, but just going from watering 1oz to 2oz of water in 9 oz dixie cups was enough to cause significant water-stress and dead roots, which lead to me losing multiple seedlings.
      Afropips Durban Poison & GN Thai Stick Grow Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Coulier View Post
        Thanks for the update Reiko. Can you tell me how much solution you water each time and how often? I ask because I had recent issues with over-watering with my latest batch of DP. I doubt they're any more sensitive than any other line, but just going from watering 1oz to 2oz of water in 9 oz dixie cups was enough to cause significant water-stress and dead roots, which lead to me losing multiple seedlings.
        Dave, I was watering until runoff every three days. I didn't measure how much volume, but I'm guessing about two to theree ounces each. They were getting quite dry in that time period.

The Durban Poison plants got transplanted today. Those 12 oz. cups were drying out too fast. They were super easy to transplant though. Rip down the seam then around the bottom and slide the root ball out. The roots were nice and white, I think I timed this transplant perfect. They got watered with aloe, fulvic, silica, kelp, and malted barley.
        ReikoX's Workshop
        2017, 2018, 2019, 2020,2021
        Afropip's Durban Poison Repro Tester
        WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Durban poisons are getting pretty big. No signs of sex yet. I got a little bit of burn from spraying with the lights on. They are getting watered every three days with very little (if any) run off.
          ReikoX's Workshop
          WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Originally posted by ReikoX View Post
            Durban poisons are getting pretty big. No signs of sex yet. I got a little bit of burn from spraying with the lights on. They are getting watered every three days with very little (if any) run off.
            View Image
            Damn ReikoX , they look great! You've done wonders with them over the last 10 days or so. Proud of ya!

Doesn't look like you got any of the short broad leaf plants. Maybe you'll find a couple of them in the remaining seeds. Once you get these ladies into flower, it wont be long until you want to pop the rest of the seeds.

Comment

The Durban Poison plants got a little too dry over the holiday. They started to cannibalize the lower leaves. They are snapping out of it. Still not showing pre-flowers, but it looks like I'll have two of each based on growth structure. I'm hoping to keep them in these small containers for another week while the no-till cab finishes up. I would normally transplant again at this size.

ReikoX's Workshop
              WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

While inspecting the plants today, I noticed one of them smells pretty strong for such a small plant. Hope she's a girl.
                ReikoX's Workshop
                WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

*fingers crossed*. Ill be rooting for you!

Comment

The Durban Poison plants want to be transplanted so bad. One has shown male, but he will stick around for a little while. I stuck them under the LEDs at about 1/2 power, but still with an 18/6 veg cycle. After pre flowers, I will transplant the females and put up the screen.
                    ReikoX's Workshop
                    WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

A transplant into fresh soil and consistent feedings right afterwards always do wonders for my plants when they start struggling. Dont procrastinate like I often do

I recommend collecting some pollen from the male so you can make some seeds yourself

Comment

The one on the right is looking rough. I may jist put the three unknown in now with a nice EWC top dress and just chop and drop any other males that show.
                        ReikoX's Workshop
                        WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

So I decided to go ahead and transplant all three of the Durban Poison into the bed. They look a little stressed at the moment, but should snap out of it in a day or two. Transplanting disturbed the soil more than I would have liked, but it did give me an excuse to check out what's going on in there. I used a knife to cut the hole, then lifted out the soil rather than compacting it with a trowel. Each hole was crawling with worms big and small. Some soil mites and a couple fungus gnats were all buzzing about.
                          ReikoX's Workshop
                          WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Interesting (and cool) soil system you got going there.
                            My Landrace based grows and reproductions: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=321533

Durban Poison Seedbay Tester thread 2018: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....51#post8219651

Growing for a seed stash, more than a bud stash.

Help the DEA fight cartels and crime, grow your own weed!

Comment

Thanks for the update Reiko. The lil ones are looking under-fed. Ive seen that look quite often in my own garden when they have a Chronic N deficiency. What other organic amendments besides EWC do you use to provide N to them?

Comment

There is neem, kelp, shrimp meal, and clover all giving sources of N. They should snap out of it now that they are in the bigger bed. They just outgrew those small pots so fast!
                                ReikoX's Workshop
                                WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Working...
                                X