Afropips Durban Poison Repro from DC's Garden Tester Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfshadoe View Post
    Wow...I grew out some DP back early 2000,,Wasnt for me..Long flower time,but monster plants!! As to the recycled mix?. I do it often.I flush good with water.after pots dry I put it in black garbage bags and set in sun for a month or 2..then back to bins and add a lil good organic material {works for me}...That osmocote ,time release chemical and I tend to stay away from that, but sure makes for nice plants!!..Good luck and I'm gonna tag along for the ride..Peace!! <ws>
    Good Info Wolfshadoe, and thanks for tagging along. I'm just a casual grower on their second run with these type of plants. It's all a learning curve in my small 4x2 tent, down the road, I'm gunna double net scrog these, and weave em up and threw. If not, they do grow tall past my light and into the roof, must train..
    ?

Comment

Up Up and Away...

The shell was still stuck on top pretty tight, so I lightly nudged it off. You can see it far mid upper right of pic

The other 2 sinkers are following suit with Miss Floaty still lagging behind.

Last edited by CrossBones; 10-01-2017, 05:15.
      ?

Comment

Looking good so far Bones! I expect you'll have near 100% germ if things go well. Shooters had 100%, and I had 95%.

I look forward to seeing the double net scrog. Ive tried single net scrog, but I feel double net has to be better, or maybe Im just a bad scrogger..hehe. These ladies shouldn't stretch too badly out of control once they enter flower.
        Afropips Durban Poison & GN Thai Stick Grow Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Coulier View Post
          Looking good so far Bones! I expect you'll have near 100% germ if things go well. Shooters had 100%, and I had 95%.
          Yes. 100% germination.

But, I lost em. I had just spritzed them a little bit heavy, and was about to put em in the flower tent to warm up the soil and dry out a bit under the HPS. and wouldn't you know it, phone rang, out of state emergency. So, there they sat under the cool florescent, mildewing away/damping off.. 5 in total, had stuck another seed in soil to keep up with Shooters.. Here's our star today :( R.I.P.):

So, Start Anew, With 5 seeds left to play with, I put 3 more of the Afropips Repro's straight in my soil mix in smaller pots, in case I gotta run somewhere for a few days, they'll be o.k. without me being so climate controlling. the 4th seed planted front right is a generic run of the mill regular Durban that I usually soak 24 hrs, then plant in soil, this time straight in dirt for comparisons.. Seems the Afropips Repro's don't need a soak as these 2 below that popped are so much more aggressive out of the ground and in size compared to the previous short lived attempt.. the top rear right one seems sluggish at this point. Fingers Crossed.. 2 seeds left to fill the holes..

I look forward to seeing the double net scrog. Ive tried single net scrog, but I feel double net has to be better, or maybe Im just a bad scrogger..hehe. These ladies shouldn't stretch too badly out of control once they enter flower.
          Gotta get em to grow 1st.. 8) How tall in total are you averaging?
          Last edited by CrossBones; 10-15-2017, 10:23.
          ?

Comment

Hi CrossBones, my condolences on losing the little ones. I thought that might happen to mine as well. In fact my #3 when it popped outa the soil still had some dirt on the head that I tried to knock off, only to knock the whole thing up outa the soil, tail and all. I quickly replanted it and it took a couple extra days to finally shed the seed hull and start growing.
            Hi, I'm Shooter!

My grow albums: https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?u=436839

Ace and CBG grow 2017
            https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=339558

Afropips Durban Poison Repro from DC's Garden Tester Grow https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=346238

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope."
            The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by Shooters View Post
              Hi CrossBones, my condolences on losing the little ones. I thought that might happen to mine as well. In fact my #3 when it popped outa the soil still had some dirt on the head that I tried to knock off, only to knock the whole thing up outa the soil, tail and all. I quickly replanted it and it took a couple extra days to finally shed the seed hull and start growing.
              Thanks for the condolences Shooters.. My timing for them just wasn't right I guess.. Felt the massive pressure to get em going.. I am now considering planting my last 2 seeds. I have 2 DC's (left side), and 1 regular generic (lower right) growing well, Still waiting on that 1 last seed to show it's head.. maybe tomorrow night I'll surgically go in for a look with the magnifier and pic to see if it sprouted.. Then decide.

Last edited by CrossBones; 10-19-2017, 04:12. Reason: pic add
              ?

Comment

Wow, was surgically poking around the other night, only the have the seed pop right up and out of the soil with a 1/2 inch tap root, now in a much panicked state, quickly re-planted and watered in. It's been starting to show it's head for the last day, so, hopefully it will pick up some steam.. Thanks Shooters!!!

This plant growing stuff is kind of like watching a really slow moving herd sometimes...

(2 left side and upper right) DC's Garden Afropips Durban Poison Repro - (bottom right) Common Generic Dutch Sourced Durban

?

Comment

Halloween Update : 2 DC's (left pic) are doing well - (upper right pic) DC very slow sprout growth, yellow tipped cotyledons, Shell was stuck on really good. I waited for it to loosen up, but eventually plucked it off as growth and light were hampered. Just yesterday decided to spread the leafs open as they weren't on there own.. Don't really know. hopefully it will come around.. (lower right pic) generic DP -- Fimmed all between 3 - 5 nodes

What's that whitish stuff on top of the medium ??? Just got in a tub of Montana Grow Silicon Amendment to test out today..

?

Comment

Originally posted by CrossBones View Post
                    Gotta get em to grow 1st.. 8) How tall in total are you averaging?
                    The DP typically get between 3-5 feet in my garden. Much easier to manage than say the Gypsy Thai in my garden.

Halloween Update : 2 DC's (left pic) are doing well - (upper right pic) DC very slow sprout growth, yellow tipped cotyledons, Shell was stuck on really good. I waited for it to loosen up, but eventually plucked it off as growth and light were hampered. Just yesterday decided to spread the leafs open as they weren't on there own.. Don't really know. hopefully it will come around.. (lower right pic) generic DP -- Fimmed all between 3 - 5 nodes

View Image

What's that whitish stuff on top of the medium ??? Just got in a tub of Montana Grow Silicon Amendment to test out today..

View Image
                    Thanks for the Halloween update. Your lil ones are looking good. I hope the last seedling to come up will catch up to the others soon.

Comment

The DP typically get between 3-5 feet in my garden. Much easier to manage than say the Gypsy Thai in my garden.
                      Thanks Dave, that's great to know, Think I can handle the 3-5' range easy enough.. Mmmmm, Thai.... I Love Thai... I would love to try some of those new crosses you've got coming up!!!

Thanks for the Halloween update. Your lil ones are looking good. I hope the last seedling to come up will catch up to the others soon.
                      I'm trying, This last seedling showed stalled, Planted another and it is doing great, Altho, it's way behind.. Only got one bean left in your tube :( was unfortunate, but I blame myself for overwatering the first batch, rookie move, and the bad timing to recitfy it...

Anyway's, Quick Update, Just moved em into a 15:45/8:15 cycle - tops fimmed again 2 more nodes up, and set 26" under a 400w Super Eye Hortilux from a 18/6 cycle under a flourecent. Here's a peak. 3 of yours and a generic, Can you tell what is what?

?

Comment

Thanks Dave, that's great to know, Think I can handle the 3-5' range easy enough.. Mmmmm, Thai.... I Love Thai... I would love to try some of those new crosses you've got coming up!!!

I'm trying, This last seedling showed stalled, Planted another and it is doing great, Altho, it's way behind.. Only got one bean left in your tube :( was unfortunate, but I blame myself for overwatering the first batch, rookie move, and the bad timing to recitfy it...

Anyway's, Quick Update, Just moved em into a 15:45/8:15 cycle - tops fimmed again 2 more nodes up, and set 26" under a 400w Super Eye Hortilux from a 18/6 cycle under a flourecent. Here's a peak. 3 of yours and a generic, Can you tell what is what?

View Image

Hey dont feel too bad about the over-watering. Ive grown lots of seedlings, but every now and then I fuck it all up too. My latest batch of pure DP seedlings are struggling to recover from just barely over-watering. I was giving my seedlings 2 oz of water when I should have been giving them 1-1.5oz of water, and just that little bit of water has lead to damaged roots, and stalled plants in my garden too. They're so delicate at this stage, but keep at it, and water just a bit less than you think you need to, and you'll probably see an improvement.

Its a shame to be down to one bean, but even that one could be something special. Take good care of that last bean!

Speaking of Durban crosses, Ive got some pics coming up of DpxThai finished buds, and some DurbanXShit f1 hybrid seedlings Ill get posted tonight. Hope you'll enjoy em!

Comment

Speaking of Durban crosses, Ive got some pics coming up of DpxThai finished buds, and some DurbanXShit f1 hybrid seedlings Ill get posted tonight. Hope you'll enjoy em!
                          Looken Great Dave !!! 8)

Tonight's State of Affairs
                          ?

Comment

Update: Been battling a very lite fungus gnat infestation since the first posting date. Gave em a few watering's with H2O2 which has also effectively killed off the microbes and sterilized the soil. Also started with gnatrol wdg watering's last friday and tonight, been watching the tanglefoot traps I make and they seem to have slowed.. Gave em a good watering of recharge tea tonight to reintroduce some bennies.. Transplanted DC1, DC2, and GDP into 1 gallon pots sideways and tied their tops down in the last week as well as fimmed DC3 at the 3rd node.

Al tho you can veg under the Super Hort and they do ok, I always felt they need even more on the blue side to balance it out so I have been running a 4ft T-8 6500k shop light across the back of my tent, just behind my hood 18/6 to supplement the hps, So I scored a Cyber Monday deal on 2 300w Viperspectra v300 LEDs with a 50% Blue 35% Red 15% Green spectrum and installed em tonight -- Hung 1 on each side of the hood angled in. Turned off the HPS and am watching temps.. these leds have a 2x2 veg light spread, just enough to fill the 4x2 tent I'm using. I have the HPS set to 50% for when it goes back on and pulled the T-8.

Think that's about it - Time for sum Pics

DC1

?

Comment

DC2

DC3

?

Comment

That's some extreme LST
                                ReikoX's Workshop
                                2017, 2018, 2019, 2020,2021
                                Afropip's Durban Poison Repro Tester