Afropips Durban Poison Repro from DC's Garden Tester Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afropips Durban Poison Repro from DC's Garden Tester Grow

Documenting a tester grow of Afropips Durban Poison Repro Seeds from DC's Garden
    ?

It begins.. I'll be starting with 4 seeds.. and work em in as space allows..

?

Comment

Aww yeah, front row
      ReikoX's Workshop
      2017, 2018, 2019, 2020,2021
      Afropip's Durban Poison Repro Tester
      WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Can't sit back and just watch, Get your own thread going
        ?

Comment

I'm in! I'll get my thread up this winter!

Comment

Originally posted by CrossBones View Post
            Can't sit back and just watch, Get your own thread going
            Mine will get started around the new year. I got antsy and started the Ancestral Skunk#1.
            ReikoX's Workshop
            2017, 2018, 2019, 2020,2021
            Afropip's Durban Poison Repro Tester
            WWxBB Auto Tester

Comment

Awww yeah babby! I can't wait to see these plants in action everyone. Good times ahead for you Crossbones. Ill sub and follow along and offer any advice I can to help keep your babies happy and healthy.

Please post up what your medium and nutes are when you get a chance. Im real interested in your methods for growing them
              Afropips Durban Poison & GN Thai Stick Grow Journal

Comment

Originally posted by djimb View Post
                I'm in! I'll get my thread up this winter!
                Originally posted by ReikoX View Post
                Mine will get started around the new year. I got antsy and started the Ancestral Skunk#1.
                Trust me, I understand completely... Myself, I gave up on this coming to fruition long ago.. I'll try and provide a bit of alternative entertainment till your up and growing.
                ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Coulier View Post
                  Awww yeah babby! I can't wait to see these plants in action everyone. Good times ahead for you Crossbones. Ill sub and follow along and offer any advice I can to help keep your babies happy and healthy.

Please post up what your medium and nutes are when you get a chance. Im real interested in your methods for growing them
                  Thanks Dave, now for the hardest part of this grow.. the mix. Gotta dump in a bit of this and that, and ends up usually with whatever's on hand, right? Well since this is a test, I'm trying a few new admendments.

Pro Mix BX Mycorrhizae

Admendents not neccessarily in order -

Optisorb
                  Earthworm Castings
                  BioChar
                  Organic Nitrogen Fertilzer
                  Seed Starting Potting Mix
                  Osmocote
                  Hydroguard

then every once in a while during the grow a dash of Dyna-Gro or Bloom when in season, or re-upping the hydroguard count.
                  Other than that and normal watering, I'm pretty much hands off, I like to let the plant do most of the work and let the pics do the talking. I uploaded them to my Afropips Test Grow album with descriptions of how I'm using them. and also to try keep this from being a way too many not needed images heavy thread.

Link to test grow album - https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=74696

But I do need to show 2, so here ya go, After a 28 hour soak, three sunk, and fingers crossed, "miss floaty" was put in the peat pot below to get a little extra water.

-- Seeds in holes, clear pots are from the Walmart deli counter, evidently I need to stop by and get a another pound of buffalo wings sometime, Only had three.

Broke out the wicking tray, had one peat pot left. might as well use it up.

Last edited by CrossBones; 09-29-2017, 10:47.
                  ?

Comment

Promix Bx w/ Myco is a mix Ive used before and it performs well. Dont forget its only got a starter charge, so you'll need to add additional amendments or WSF throughout the life of the plants.

Optisorb is excellent. I recommend adding it in at 7.5%-10% by volume if you use the Biochar too. When I use Biochar, I use it at 5% by Volume, and then about another 10% by volume of Optisorb. Using both or even one will allow your ladies to go longer without needing watering. They're essentially all natural versions of water crystals.

I have Earthworm castings too, but Ive never gotten around to using it at all, so I can't give you any tips on it .

Mind telling me what your NPK is of the Osmocote, and the release period of it? I use 5grams of Osmocote/per gallon of media(NPK is 15-9-12 I think with a 5-6 month release since Im mostly growing long flowering Sats.

Good luck from here on out. Ill be following!

Thanks Dave, now for the hardest part of this grow.. the mix. Gotta dump in a bit of this and that, and ends up usually with whatever's on hand, right? Well since this is a test, I'm trying a few new admendments. View Image

Pro Mix BX Mycorrhizae

Admendents not neccessarily in order -

Optisorb
                    Earthworm Castings
                    BioChar
                    Organic Nitrogen Fertilzer
                    Seed Starting Potting Mix
                    Osmocote
                    Hydroguard

then every once in a while during the grow a dash of Dyna-Gro or Bloom when in season, or re-upping the hydroguard count.
                    Other than that and normal watering, I'm pretty much hands off, I like to let the plant do most of the work and let the pics do the talking. I uploaded them to my Afropips album with descriptions of how I'm using them. and also to try keep this from being a way too many not needed images heavy thread.

Link to album - https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=74696

But I do need to show 2, so here ya go, After a 28 hour soak, three sunk, and fingers crossed, "miss floaty" was put in the peat pot below to get a little extra water.

-- Seeds in holes, clear pots are from the Walmart deli counter, evidently I need to stop by and get a another pound of buffalo wings sometime, Only had three.

View Image

Broke out the wicking tray, had one peat pot left. might as well use it up.

View Image

Comment

This time I recycled the small fine roots and previous 5/6 month old mix from a 1 gallon pot that had a old dead Durban Male in it, for a little more organic material and I guess any left over Microorganisms and/or nutes.. Then added another 1 gallon pot full of fresh Pro Mix, also transplanting 2 other plants at the same time and then filled each of the smaller clear containers into the tub.. Also, I then took one of the smaller clear containers and filled it approx 50/50 Optisorb and Biochar.. Added a cup or so of Castings 1.25-0-0 for bio activity since I'm low on them and there out of stock locally, so this time I added approx half a clear containers worth of organic slow release N. fertilzer 4-3-0 that claims their Organic nitrogen formula breaks down nutrients only when plants need them, making one application last for months at a time - it works wonders on my lawn so what the hey, toss some in.. and 20 grams total fresh plus any residule from old mix of Osmocote Plus. Mixed 2 ml of Hydroguard in some water and mixed it all together.. Used maybe a half a handful of seed starter mix in the center tops of each pot to cradle the seed. Funny, I always seem to have way more mix left over after all is done, but it gets used up in the next transplant mix.. Did I mess up already?

Osmocote is 15-9-12 the pink bottle.
                      Last edited by CrossBones; 09-29-2017, 04:51. Reason: pic
                      ?

Comment

This time I recycled the small fine roots and previous 5/6 month old mix from a 1 gallon pot that had a Durban Male in it, for a little more organic material and I guess any left over Microorganisms and/or nutes.. Then added a 1 gallon pot full of fresh Pro Mix and filled each of the smaller clear containers into the tub.. I then took one of the smaller clear containers and filled it approx 50/50 Optisorb and Biochar.. Added a cup or so of Castings 1.25-0-0 for bio activity since I'm low on them and there out of stock locally, so this time I added approx half a clear containers worth of organic slow release N. fertilzer 4-3-0 that claims their Organic nitrogen formula breaks down nutrients only when plants need them, making one application last for months at a time and 19/20 grams total of Osmocote Plus. Mixed 2 ml of Hydroguard in some water and mixed it all together.. Used maybe a half a handful of Seed starter mix in the center tops of each pot to cradle the seed. Funny, I always seem to have way more mix left over after all is done, but it gets used up in the next transplant..

Osmocote is 15-9-12 the pink bottle.
                        View Image
                        Using recycled soil huh? Now Im even more tuned in. Ive got loads of leftover media that either needs to be disposed of or recycled. Recyling it at least once would save me money. Looking forward to seeing how they do in your mix.

Looks like you've got about 10grams of osmocote per gallon of media which I think will be ok, but id reduce at next transplant. Ive done it at 17 grams/gallon once and it was a real problem in flowering as media EC was well over 5.0 for the entire duration and changed bud structure in a negative way.

Osmocote is a great boon, but its like a hand grenade and can really blow up in your face if you mishandle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Coulier View Post
                          Using recycled soil huh? Now Im even more tuned in. Ive got loads of leftover media that either needs to be disposed of or recycled. Recyling it at least once would save me money. Looking forward to seeing how they do in your mix.

Looks like you've got about 10grams of osmocote per gallon of media
                          Your results may vary on recycling, that soil was never heavily doused with Dyna Gro.. And I cut it in at 1/3 rate.. Sorry for the confusion, I'm new at this explaining things stuff, I mixed up Approx 2 Gallons of fresh pro mix, then added 1 gallon recycle mix. so 3 so far, then added admendments, so maybe a little over 3.5 to 4 gallons total, scale was tweetering on 19 - 20 gr for osmocote. so i'm in the 5 - 6 gr per gallon of mix, with maybe a tiny bit of the old stuff still active from the recycle. I did think of adding more, but it does get boosted again at transplant with the same levels and fresh admendments.

Osmocote amount I used on top of this mix :]

from bottom up - Pro Mix BX, biochar, optisorb, earthworm castings, (above pic) with organic nitrogen fertilizer topped with osmocote

Hand Mixed Soil w/ 2ml hydroguard and approx. 3/4 gallon water give or take :]

Last edited by CrossBones; 09-29-2017, 12:54. Reason: pic and spelling
                          ?

Comment

Well, That was fast.... 1st to show !!!!

- Durban Poison Repro
                            Last edited by CrossBones; 09-30-2017, 14:23. Reason: pic
                            ?

Comment

Wow...I grew out some DP back early 2000,,Wasnt for me..Long flower time,but monster plants!! As to the recycled mix?. I do it often.I flush good with water.after pots dry I put it in black garbage bags and set in sun for a month or 2..then back to bins and add a lil good organic material {works for me}...That osmocote ,time release chemical and I tend to stay away from that, but sure makes for nice plants!!..Good luck and I'm gonna tag along for the ride..Peace!! <ws>
                              I made that life. Im PAID in full!! DONT TREAD ON ME!
                              IC.member#214
                              https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....ght=wolfshadow

Comment

Working...
                              X