X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEEDBAY TESTERS PLS READ!!!!!

Heya all.

This is for all of you that have been testing, currently testing and hope to be a future tester. I just want to explain a few things. Testers are put out there by up and coming breeders and established breeders for a reason. This is to have their new wares documented thoroughly by a range of different growers with different grow styles. The cost of these testers and getting them to members has been covered by the breeders and by seedbay. It goes to say that when you are chosen to do a test grow that you are availble to start it ASAP on receipt of the beans and on ICMag. The number of test grows that are documented compared to the number of test beans that have been sent out has been in decline and recently has come to light that some deem it okay to do test reports on other forums. This is not acceptable as far as I am concerned.

Between ourselves and the breeders a lot of time and expense goes into sending out these testers and if there are not sufficient reports or reports go elsewhere then something has to change. I fully understand that there are many that honour their position to do tests. I also understand that there are many that just want free beans. So its time to start reigning in a bit. I will now have to document each member and what they get whilst checking up on proof of grows. Then it will be a matter of members that do not honour their position being struck off from future free test grow beans.

Test grows are done for the benefit of the breeder and the community. For those of you that have been consistent with your tests thank you very much for your time and efforts.

Cheers
    sigpic
    SI POST FATA VENIT GLORIA NON PROPERO

Well said, Sir..

Glad to see this become a priority...
    Seems to me the more successful test runs get done.
    The more people will be interested in send tester packs out...

If we could simply get people on both sides to take testing seriously
    we would all be working a win/win situation...

The damage done by taking a tester pack and not doing the work,Hurts the community as a whole and should be treated as such by all members. If you see a member sign up and receive a tester pack,then fails to run the seeds. I would urge fellow members to help him reconsider his hurtful ways... I mean really... It's 6 seeds... Sometimes more,sometimes less... Yet those 6 seeds have blood and sweat put into them,which takes money from a member to create and money from the member and seedbay to get them to you...

How much more could seedbay do for us here at the MAG.
    They don't even charge you shipping for tester packs sent.
    It's not as if it's free to ship them.

I hope we The ICmag community could stand up and police ourselves
    when it comes to this subject and not need to ask
    those at seedbay to do more than they already have...

Please...

Seedbay Private Breeders > Cannafornia Seeds

Comment

I agree saying u want to test and not showing anything is stealing in my eyes....i have alot of respect of the fam of ICMAG community i think this respect should stand!

Comment

Hallelujah! Preach the word brother Clarence

Comment

How about a forum badge for testers who complete threads?
          Some of us are good about it!

The main reasons I do a testers for guys is to try to build a relationship with em for the future and some cred and rep among the community as well as try unique stuff. It disappoints me how many fellow testers I see never get a thread past a page or two, I like to compare notes from fellow testers. :o Its nice when you see a big range of beans popped and get grows done because you can also see alot of expressions.

Its nice when the breeder like ojd does pops in the thread from time to time and offers insight. It also feels pretty good when ya complete em!

P.S. I seen some guys come on here to get testers from the bay then put threads on other forums and not here. Thats shady.
          When The Green Drops The Bullshit Stops

sigpic
          KNOWN BUBBLE HEAD

Comment

Badge + name and shame sticky thread as a reference
            sigpic

Comment

Cant hurt to ask,right..

Seedbay Private Breeders > Cannafornia Seeds

Comment

you are welcome

Comment

any one that gets seeds and does not do the test grow as agreed should be banned.

its a win win situation for the tester the least they could do is maintain an accurate thread about it.
                  sigpic

Comment

People who are serious, Please read this.

I think this debate should be left to strictly testers and breeders and of course the admins.

Then again is this a debate or new law coming into form, just an idea or a statement?

This is a serious matter as those who have received the love could potentially be using it to their own potential without providing proper credit completely changing the chain of one love the plant is about so what do we really do to choose testers or to have this done right?

Maybe some one should moderate testers and ensure the threads are active and including the proper information or content to sum it up. Breeders are breeders - not thread moderators.

Going into banning people right now is too late. In the future that is a potential consequence of being a flake - but lets establish a guideline/rule base to at least begin this properly and start a discussion on what sticks and what doesn't.

Testing is an opportunity to show case your skills and what hte breeder has all the while helping hte community by introducing new cannabis available to others.

Overall if this received a more professional approach and less of a stoner approach - this could be a great opportunity to raise ICMag on a whole new level - not just give testers and breeders the opportunity to be seen but the set the bar standard for this new era of cannabis.

Comment

Why would someone wanna stick their neck out to be a tester and then not follow through? Talk about burning one giant bridge down at one time! All that networking help and advise...down the drain!!! Your name and rep...down the drain!!! And many more drains to be downed lol

Comment

cheese and rice give me a badge already!!!!
                        Pursuit of Happiness:

Comment

tbh I must admit I think most testers go into peoples fridge and stay there.

Comment

Does Seedbay test seeds to be sold, to make sure they are not D or F grade????

Comment

Working...
                            X