What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba 18 - Pre98 Bubba Kush x X18. Info and grow-along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds good js, great budshot too. Good sturdy plants, i'm liking this cross.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Around 8 weeks and the plant is looking nearly finished. Sweet cider/apple smell is still there and backed up by a more kushy leathery smell with elements of bubba. This plant also seems to have shrugged off a few thrips and possibly a few mites towards the end of the grow better than the rest - the cleanest plant in the cab.
Click image for larger version  Name:	b18top.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.7 KB ID:	17844793

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, this has been chopped, dried and jarred for a week and it is smoking well. Smell is very unusual.. kind of both a perfumed 'fresh' apple smell as well as a cider-like funk, with with some kushy funk in the background. The apple smell is already transferring well into the taste, again very unusual, a new one on me for sure. High is heavy indica and quite potent.. at least as potent as straight bubba.
i'll be sending some stock of this to seedbay and breeders retail next week.
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey js they look lovely. Very resinous, love those frosty leaf margins in the last pic! Must be nearly ready?

nice job :) :tiphat:
VG

jakespeed

Veteran
thx VG, the first one is done, the last two I think is around 8 weeks, the terps smell good and are wet greasy, im just chasing the green out now. I did try the first one , it works well to the bubba high side....... they were all fun to grow. thx for entertaining me with your creation
DSCN0148.JPG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
my pleasure js ! love the look of all that greasy resin! sounds like we have some differing terp profiles coming out too... You mentioned a pine/lemon smell, mine had unmistakable apple/cider terps (which is what the X18 was known for) were all your plants very similar in smell or did they vary?

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just heard back and i'll be sending stock of this to the bay and BR early next week !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great job guys looks tasty !

Big thanks mate !

There are a few packs of these up at seedbay and available at breeders retail for those that want them... small seed batch - get em while you can!

Mine has cured to a spicy apple/cider smell now... quite unusual.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i used that pic for the listing on seedbay ! - a looker for sure !

B

Benny106

Yeah me too, I'm really excited to see what comes out of here. About to throw down a pack to look at.:lurk:

Latest posts

Latest posts