What's new

Bubba 18 - Pre98 Bubba Kush x X18. Info and grow-along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK lets try and post my pics, not great ones, they are under 12/12 for sexing and have recovered somewhat from the cold spell fading....

Attachments

• photo2026457.jpg
    photo2026457.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 48
  • photo2026456.jpg
    photo2026456.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 38
  • photo2026472.jpg
    photo2026472.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 37

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, 2 of my plants turned out to be males, so i am down to 1... glad js is testing a bigger group!
male, quite handsome..
Bubba18male1.jpg

and the other male: Different pheno i think
b18male2.jpg

And the remaining girl:
Bubba18girltop.jpg

B18side.jpg

VG

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey V.G., quick question. What are you looking to alter from the pure bubba with this cross?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey V.G., quick question. What are you looking to alter from the pure bubba with this cross?

Hi mate, i saw this as an opportunity to create a pure indica hybrid (i regard the bubba as a pure indica/wld or very close to pure,, some would disagree),
the X18 is reported to be stretchy for an indica and fast rooting.. both of which could improve the bubba in those respects... hoping for some hybrid vigor which would be useful,
but mainly i was interested if the cross would generate an interesting terpene profile... and also i know the bubba fairly well and was interested in which would come over more strongly in the cross.

VG

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Interesting, your bk is a sandman plant yeah? Sleepy sleepy time? Feel like a collaboration project?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting, your bk is a sandman plant yeah? Sleepy sleepy time? Feel like a collaboration project?

Yeah bubba is regarded as a narcotic/sleep inducing plant, and some ripen it longer to increase that effect... but it also has quite a nice cerebral quality to it at normal ripeness. I'd always be interested in a collaboration.. what have you got in mind? PM me if you prefer

Thanks,

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice one js, the big ones are looking great now and the 3 small ones are coming on... will probably explode after an up-pot ?!?

jakespeed

Veteran
yes , you right VG, they jumped again last night after that repot, we got them now going in the right direction
fetch?photoid=17804700.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great stuff js, i think we are all glad it's spring. The low temps this last couple of months have been a pain !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Girl looks nice js, the smaller ones are looking happy now... fingers crossed for another female or two....

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good js.. is that big girl still vegging? Great to see the side branches developing!
I don't really give my plants the room to do that... these do have a decent bit of stretch too which i was hoping for..

VG :tiphat:

jakespeed

Veteran
they are coming along, thx VG, the big girl is 9 days in already, not alot of stretch to her, I think the far left of the three has legs, not sure if she is female yet . When I look at yours , it has more stretch than my female. I think she more on the bubba side , I want stretch too, fingers crossed
https://www.icmag.com/filedata/fetch?photoid=17817405

Attachments

• fetch?photoid=17817405.jpg
    fetch?photoid=17817405.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 37

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes i think mine kept stretching steadily for 2-3 weeks and the end result result took me a bit by surprise.. its an inch or so too tall for ideal in my cabs but there isn't much i can do about that! very light green colour naturally as well, it seems. yours look similar if the light isn't playing tricks.

The leaves on your girl are HUGE !

VG