What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba 18 - Pre98 Bubba Kush x X18. Info and grow-along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i was generously gifted some X18 pollen, from a number of different males, and covered a bubba plant. Big thanks my friend and benefactor .. who can pop in and take a bow if he so wishes :D
X18 is a pure Indica line, curated by TomHill after he was gifted it by 'The Chemist', which has an apple smelling terp profile.
Pollinated Bubba:

picture.php

I now have a smallish batch of seeds of this new cross, and a few seedlings which will post pics of at some point soon. There should also be another test grow of these popping up in the near future.

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is what Tom had to say about the X18 some years back:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Originally Posted by Tom Hill
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Hi folks,

X18 like PTK is an old indica line derived from Pakistan import that was introduced to Northern California in the early 1980's. Bred for many years by my very able friend "the chemist". X18 is pure, never outcrossed, and breeds true for many traits. The unique sour apple/pear/citrus smell/flavor is very strong (far from subtle) and nearly fixed in the line. 70-80% of the line is characterized by this flavor, with the occasional extreme skunky phenotype as well.

[/FONT]

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Folks, here are my 3 seedlings, the smaller one got carelessly decapitated by me when i was trying to remove the seed casing in too much of a hurry... it seems to be catching up though..
picture.php

and some closer shots of one of them... quite nice looking little plants...
picture.php

picture.php

These should a bigger test grow or two springing up in the next days and weeks.....
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great stuff js... excited for this one!

in case anyone was wondering, the rice in the bag is because the seeds were still quite fresh and i didn't want them to 'sweat' in the bag en route to their destination.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys.. i thought these might go together quite well... and only one way to find out for sure :)

I got 7 quick starters, and three more I think I will get still, I got tails just a little sleepyView Image

That's a good showing js, fresh seeds often don't germ as well as slightly older ones. iirc the germination rate goes up for the first year with a new batch of seeds !

VG :tiphat:

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Definitely pulling up a seat for this one.

Looking forward to the show.

Best of luck fellas!

:lurk:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys! it'll be a week or so before mine are ready for another photo lol... been super cold here and there is only so much i can do to heat up the air going in...
cold soil and strong LEDS.... anyway it's warmed up now so they should perk up. Lets call it stress testing :)

VG

eyesdownchronic

Thanks guys! it'll be a week or so before mine are ready for another photo lol... been super cold here and there is only so much i can do to heat up the air going in...
cold soil and strong LEDS.... anyway it's warmed up now so they should perk up. Lets call it stress testing :)

VG
ive been dealing with similar issues in my veg area under LED's.

Thankfully, it was cold and humid though, so i was able to set up a dehumidifier which brought down the humidity but also helped to heat up the area hahah.

Jestocost

In TX, and if the power stays off another 12 hours or so I’m going to lose my 4 seedlings. Same situation with LEDs and low temps, except with the lights dead and the closet below 55 degrees.

Good luck with everything.

VG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Good luck. I was ready with a 100 gl propane bottle and Mr Heater burners. My closet was getting cool, so we huddled in the kitchen. Just a tree limb busting, not the grid over taxed because of wind power not working in this weather.

Latest posts

Latest posts