Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bubba 18 - Pre98 Bubba Kush x X18. Info and grow-along.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubba 18 - Pre98 Bubba Kush x X18. Info and grow-along.

Hi all, i was generously gifted some X18 pollen, from a number of different males, and covered a bubba plant. Big thanks my friend and benefactor .. who can pop in and take a bow if he so wishes
    X18 is a pure Indica line, curated by TomHill after he was gifted it by 'The Chemist', which has an apple smelling terp profile.
    Pollinated Bubba:

I now have a smallish batch of seeds of this new cross, and a few seedlings which will post pics of at some point soon. There should also be another test grow of these popping up in the near future.

VG
    My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
    -----
    To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
    Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

here is what Tom had to say about the X18 some years back:
      Originally Posted by Tom Hill
      Hi folks,

X18 like PTK is an old indica line derived from Pakistan import that was introduced to Northern California in the early 1980's. Bred for many years by my very able friend "the chemist". X18 is pure, never outcrossed, and breeds true for many traits. The unique sour apple/pear/citrus smell/flavor is very strong (far from subtle) and nearly fixed in the line. 70-80% of the line is characterized by this flavor, with the occasional extreme skunky phenotype as well.

My contributions to this website in no way imply support for any political or cultural views promoted here.
      -----
      To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain. I've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
      Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Hi Folks, here are my 3 seedlings, the smaller one got carelessly decapitated by me when i was trying to remove the seed casing in too much of a hurry... it seems to be catching up though..

and some closer shots of one of them... quite nice looking little plants...

These should a bigger test grow or two springing up in the next days and weeks.....
        VG
        -----
        Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Can’t wait

Comment

Comment

Great stuff js... excited for this one!

in case anyone was wondering, the rice in the bag is because the seeds were still quite fresh and i didn't want them to 'sweat' in the bag en route to their destination.

VG
              -----
              Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

I got 7 quick starters, and three more I think I will get still, I got tails just a little sleepy

Comment

Subbed as hell for this. Good luck to you both.

Comment

Good hybrid here VG

Comment

Thanks guys.. i thought these might go together quite well... and only one way to find out for sure

Originally posted by jakespeed View Post
                      I got 7 quick starters, and three more I think I will get still, I got tails just a little sleepyView Image
                      That's a good showing js, fresh seeds often don't germ as well as slightly older ones. iirc the germination rate goes up for the first year with a new batch of seeds !

VG
                      -----
                      Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Definitely pulling up a seat for this one.

Looking forward to the show.

Best of luck fellas!

§467. I am sitting with a philosopher in the garden; he says again and again “I know that that’s a tree”, pointing to a tree that is near us. Someone else arrives and hears this, and I tell him: “This fellow isn’t insane. We are only doing philosophy.”

— Ludwig Wittgenstein, On Certainty

Comment

nice! pulling up for this one
                          Chronic Smoker
                          "Wanna get high?"

Threads:
                          -Chronics Headstash Garden
                          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=374169
                          -Cindy 99 and Friends
                          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=377906
                          -Just a lil bit
                          https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=379006

Comment

Thanks guys! it'll be a week or so before mine are ready for another photo lol... been super cold here and there is only so much i can do to heat up the air going in...
                            cold soil and strong LEDS.... anyway it's warmed up now so they should perk up. Lets call it stress testing

VG
                            -----
                            Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Comment

Good luck! Sounds very interesting - everything bubbaaaaaa

Comment

Working...
                              X