What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pine Tar Gush - Original Glue 4 RIL x Pine Tar Kush

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Insanity ha!
IMG_20210501_204551_539.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, those picture Tony! the frostiness from the GB is impressive.. Yeah lines like DC and X18 are great for breeding for sure. The X18 has quite a bit of vigor for an inbred WLD... and those PTG look like they have great structure and vigor... can't wait !
VG

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
image_2043140.jpg
Here is another from the wild.

I took down 4 little ones I hit with sowah.

2 branchy glue leaners a green ptk leaner that was more cola dom and a black ptk leaner again cola dom.

All smelled of pine tar, with notes of hot road asphalt/terpentine etc.

The glue leaners have more golf ball flowers and will branch good from the lowers up.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Idk what it is exactly but people really enjoy the ptg. That's what got me searching.
I've grown and smoked so much gb at this point that when I outcross its easy to notice other affects..

Ya know I ran Ed Borgs kandahar x super star i think it was, and the flowers were unique but variable as heck and not particularly good frankly.
The ptg have all been quality plants. And not meant to disparage Ed at all but the ability of a quality inbred line to carry through with a landrace cross and provide a reliable ql base is a powerful tool for me without a lab.
Granted Tom and Chemist have done measurable work on the ptg and x18, I think these may be much more variable so I'm interested to see if I get similar results or something similar to the wildness I saw in Ed's line.

I think there are some things magical still in those old lines that we may have lost as a community on our way to breeding for top notch physical appearances.
PTG is like a hint for me that you can have both.

Hey tony, i have 3 girls flowering at about 2 weeks and they all smell of pine as they start budding up. 2 cola and one branchy. You must have made good selections when you made the F2s ! Got a nice piney male as well so we good to go.. one male culled as root mass seemed poor compared to the rest.
will get some pics up in a week or two.. need to see how the terps develop but so far so good !

VG

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a couple I found with a strong kerosene smell too. I used those as receivers for karmas sowah.
I know the smell all too well as my mom used to wash our hair in kerosene for lice lol

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here are a couple pics, lovely looking plants these with glossy leaves, all still smelling sweet and piney.
first plant:
ptg1.jpg
ptg1side.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a couple I found with a strong kerosene smell too. I used those as receivers for karmas sowah.
I know the smell all too well as my mom used to wash our hair in kerosene for lice lol

Interesting, still time for the terps to develop on mine - they are at about 4 weeks, so i'll look out for that!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah they are impressive ! done some pollination now too, one of the three plants has some other funk developing behind the pine and doesn't smell quite as sweet.... got some cuttings, all good to go fingers crossed !

VG

antheis

Veteran
looking good, VG. my ptg keep getting pushed back. i'm building up a bigger room so i should get to them after this goji og repro run i'm doing on og.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks antheis.. i'm loving these.. something so joyous about that pine smell... some background smells have developed too, some of the solvent/turps in one.. and some spicy leathery smells... but pine is the main fun going on here !
these shots are at 7 weeks, plants were heavily seeded at 4 weeks which obviously effected the bud development, but still looking pretty good:
here's one:
PTGaharv.jpg
ptgasidenug.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and another: they all rooted really fast from cuttings so i have them backed up
PTG2.jpg
ptg2macro.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Tony, i don't think the colour is temp related either as none of my others plants have purp'd or anything.
I reckon it would be pretty handsome run sensi... and i intend to find out. The other two plants look to be the same or similar phenos.
PTGblackabove.jpg
VG

Latest posts

Latest posts