What's new

Contra D - Chem D x C4DD - Info and grow-along.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
No the middle 50% is a mix of both, only the 25%'s are double bubble for each version.
It could of course be a 50% split, if the mutation occurred on the cut of chem D that mothered them, if only one cut mothered all seeds. That mutation may not exist in another cut, if that was taken from either: a lower part of that plant than the mutation occurred at, or the mother that cut was taken from.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
of course 12/50/25, Yes,
one way or another the 'difference' must have come from the Chem D... although i wonder (possibly ignorantly) if it is a pre-existing genetic component in the D rather than a mutation. In the C4DD F2 the plants are nearly all generally healthy.. but i have seen in one F2 that i kept, a phenomena that is more slight but similar to the li'l D ... a kind of dwarfing of the plant, leaves and all.. with very short internodes and way too much branching, making individual branches weak. This plant i revegged because it had an amazing filthy chemmy terp profile... and the 'littling' phenomena became much more pronounced on the revegged plant. I am still trying to veg it and get it growing well with some limited success.
Not sure if all of that means anything significant or not... i wondered if perhaps one of the 4 girls i used to make the F2 seeds was genetically close enough to the D cut to produce a similar, but rarer and less pronounced, effect.

VG

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Well, we're of course talking about it in very simple examples of possibility. It could well be multiple genes at play, in which case any number of scenarios become possible. If it's pre-existing, then it is more than likely multiple combinations at work. The only way to predict its future is to cause it's extinction.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aye, i'm hoping that F2s of all the decent Bigs will do the trick with that... and i intend to find out !

Thanks again
VG

loyral

of course 12/50/25, Yes,
one way or another the 'difference' must have come from the Chem D... although i wonder (possibly ignorantly) if it is a pre-existing genetic component in the D rather than a mutation. In the C4DD F2 the plants are nearly all generally healthy.. but i have seen in one F2 that i kept, a phenomena that is more slight but similar to the li'l D ... a kind of dwarfing of the plant, leaves and all.. with very short internodes and way too much branching, making individual branches weak. This plant i revegged because it had an amazing filthy chemmy terp profile... and the 'littling' phenomena became much more pronounced on the revegged plant. I am still trying to veg it and get it growing well with some limited success.
Not sure if all of that means anything significant or not... i wondered if perhaps one of the 4 girls i used to make the F2 seeds was genetically close enough to the D cut to produce a similar, but rarer and less pronounced, effect.

VG

Id say it is pre existing as i have seen it before with d hybs, it is a Mutation Freak that somehow got in to the genepool or it is was an x at some Point as it seem to bring the Funk out in the best phenos..

I have the Theorie that it might Cross different like with a heterosis bastard Effect due to its Mutation in the Genes

Growalong:

1 of 3 c4dddf2 i popped showing the tmv Type leaf but its not lacking vigour so iam Happy to grow a real chem chem from seed... first smell from stem rub i got is garlic scallion mushroom, like wet warm Indian kitchen steam..wish me luck..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi guys, a few pics of a Contra D i'm flowering... hopefully it will also have a few F2s in the buds too.
Click image for larger version  Name:	contradone1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	251.0 KB ID:	17931517
Click image for larger version  Name:	contradone2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	269.4 KB ID:	17931518

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking fantastic VG. Sparkling.

Thanks, yes i'm so pleased with this... it'll probably take a few years for this line to get the attention it deserves, but i advise anyone who is looking for something new to grab some of these. At present it is released as part of the 'Chem Kits' but i'll release it in its own right soon as well.

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sub24ox7 Thanks for posting that here! - looks lovely and i hope you like the smoke as much as i do ! - keep us posted :)

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks. i found the flowering response pretty fast on the few i've grown it would be interesting to see if they are 'early' for outside growing...

leaves look amazing, just that one with a bit of streaking. handsome !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sub24ox7 that looks fantastic still! - so we are at about 4-5 weeks now i guess ? interesting to see the whole plant look so clean and green with just that tiny amount of Chem variegation on a few leaflets.. and it could be the different environment but it really does still look to be a different pheno to the one my two were. i'm sure it is a little more narrow leaf than mine.

VG

Sub24ox7

Click image for larger version  Name:	A673DE78-E468-4E5C-A890-13FAAAEEEA58.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	87.2 KB ID:	18015967
Contra D:
smells funky sweaty socks possibly. Still early, may have a more sativa pheno it’s coming along slowly. Seems chem smelling very recognizable and old school funky chem yum.