What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Contra D - Chem D x C4DD - Info and grow-along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all this is the C4DD crossed back to the Chem D for a second time. This cross is showing less vigor than all the rest, possibly because of the inbreeding involved with a second bx to the D
[[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]C4DD is a cross between the Chemdog D clone and rez's C4D (which is Chem 4 x Chem D IBL)][/FONT]
The segregation of pheno's is interesting though, with one very small pheno... we will see how these come on, but i am quite interested in using a male from this cross.
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey mtn, what makes you say that ?

since the photo they have been repotted.. not at all rootbound, but have taken off a bit.

still very diminutive in size though

VG

mtncolas

Just looks like the way my Chem d grows for me short bushy variegated, I've grown a lot of your c4dd, which I love by the way, and the back two look like the c4dd. Oh and my Chem d came thru as topdawg crew cut.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, i see what you mean, they do have a structure similar to the D in some ways, just a lot smaller... but they may grow out of that - like i said they have come on a bit since then..
I'll post some more pics soon.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The other big one has shown as female now. All the other C4DD f2s and crosses have been in a cabinet on 12/12 for 3/4 days and none have shown sex yet... whearas the C4DDD's have been on 16/8 and both big ones have shown. we may have a fast or early flowering trait here... i better get cloning !

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The size difference hasn't quite evened out :D
to be fair, the big one is in a bigger pot, but the smaller ones have also had a repot, just fewer roots to fill the pot.
Its not just that the small one is small.... the big one is BIG too.

picture.php

VG

Last edited:

antheis

Veteran
:lurk:
So both big ones are female and the little are unsexed?

It would be interesting if both the little ones are male.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats right antheis... and both showed sex under 16/8 more quickly than any of the rest of the f2s and crosses did under 12/12...

The HEMP pheno ???? only one way to find out. Sh1te photo but it is a looker.
The second big one didn;t get repotted yet but is still with us.

A male in the small ones would interest me...highly inbred, great branching and structure... just tiny, and as vigor is controlled by mitochondrial DNA which is inherited from the mother, that shouldn't be a problem.

might make for some nice crosses.

i'll probably flower them out if girls though, just out of curiosity...

VG

antheis

Veteran
Is this second back cross the same male(s) used in the f2's?

I read/heard (could have been bio vortex pot cast interview) about females that look like males. taller, more vigorous, quick to sex, every thing a male would do but expressed female flowers.
if you hadn't said they were female I would have called up my bookie and put money on them being male.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi, yes i used the same 4 C4DD males for all these crosses etc.. so unlikely this segregation is down to the multiple males... It must come from the Chem D

I had reservations about a second bx to the D... The cut is fairly true breeding and likely to already be inbred, so i didn't think multiple bx's were the way to go, but i thought i should do it for completeness sakes (as well as crossing the C4DD to the chem 4)

The germination test was 6 seeds of each var, of which i kept 4 seedlings.
I used my super high tech method of choosing females which involves simply discarding the tallest seedlings... and it kind of worked because so far i have had just 3 males out of the 20 plants i kept (with the two mini C4DDDs still to show.)

Of the C4DDD seedlings, i discarded the tallest, which i guess might have been a male 'big one'... and the other seedling was a proper runt along the lines of the mini ones but smaller. So it could have been a straight 50/50 segregation of big / small phenos.
The mini ones are slightly deformed, one is a bit worse than the other... but not that bad.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, here is the Big DDD: This did get vegged longer than all the crosses etc... but still, i havent seen a plant this vigorous in a while it has been in flower just 3 days. I will have to do something to it at some point very soon because it has outgrown the height in my cabs (the second big D is still around but no room for it yet)
picture.php

picture.php

and the small DDD's.. here is one of them - for comparison, the diameter of the pot is about the same as the square pot above. very interesting structure, but my general soil may be slightly too rich for it. This got flipped to flower today, both small DDDs are still unsexed.

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking like one of the small DDD's is going to be a girl.... i would quite like a boy so fingers crossed for the other one !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
slow to show but the second mini D looks like it might be a boy - whoop !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi there, i have some pics of the little D's. AT about 1 week flower.. the ruler behind is 1ft and shows the diminutive size of these plants. The one on the left is male and the one on the right a female... pot size is 3 litres.

picture.php

here is the girl:
picture.php

picture.php

VG

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, i see what you mean, they do have a structure similar to the D in some ways, just a lot smaller... but they may grow out of that - like i said they have come on a bit since then..
I'll post some more pics soon.

VG

:tiphat: greetings ... Recently got this cut,It’s supposed to be a Chem ... I’m looking for some identification from those who would know:chin:
picture.php
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi starcrash, the Chem D cut has a leaf streak/variegation that is fairly distinctive.. and i dont see it there (it almost but not quite disappears if the plant is really happy)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=29801&pictureid=670451

i'm no expert on the other chem cuts.... you might be better to post a pic in the strains section.. one thing is that all the chems tend to smell of chem to a fair extent in veg.

VG

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, here are some pics of the 'Big D' plant.... i only had room to keep one for the moment but i have rooted cuts of both.
we are at 2 to 3 weeks. i have had to make 2 'N' bends in the main stem... and cut off most of the sideshoots because they were all taller than the main stem after i shortened it! who knows what this will smoke like but it has HUGE vigor.
picture.php

picture.php

you can see a little of the Chem D leaf streak in this close-up.
picture.php

VG