What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C4DDF2 grow-along.

Desert Dan

Veteran
picture.php

C4DDF2 with a male up front.

picture.php

Same group with ChemD front left.

These were F1’s by Verdant, F2’d by a grow bro here in the US, and gifted to me... I think VG has done a stand up job with this line! Vigorous, stable, and CHEM! Best branching I’ve seen in a while, only topped once.

-DD :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking Good DD ! very nice bushy plants... thanks for stopping by.

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice group DD - you're going to have a bunch of seeds to sort through!

Desert Dan

Veteran
Ain’t that the truth! I’m also letting him knock up all of my favorite moms at the moment... 13 hybrids and F3’s.

If this goes well, I need to do the same with some older packs before the germ rates take a dive. My goal is one seed increase per year.

99problems

2 C4DD F2s , the left one is stretching like crazy, every day I find it hanging out in the lights, both are looking real nice so far, strong stems and growing fast once i flipped them!

Attachments

• photo2032499.jpg
    photo2032499.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 34

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey 99, thanks for posting those up! short stocky one is lovely... is it further into flower than the stretchy one? and is the stretchy one confirmed female?

P.s. if you want to post big size pics, you can use the 'upload attachments' button, and it gives you the choice of size ... i use large and they come out about right.

VG

99problems

Thanks VG!
They were both put into the flowering tent the 9th of march, shorter one was the first to show preflowers and the stretchier one was a few days later.

I popped 4 seeds and one was a male, one accidentally got decapitated as a seedling and the other 2 are these ones.

I messed up this round big time in the start, they looked like crap when they went into the flowering tent but they've bounced back nicely!

IMG_20210329_075133.jpg

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, they look great now. As i said the other day in a different thread (and i was quite pleased with it lol) ,
What happens in veg, stays in veg !

Awesome! 2 more F2s to see. Dots has a bunch ready to go as well.. can't wait
VG :tiphat;

99problems

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210405_185618.jpg Views:	5 Size:	117.0 KB ID:	17824902
the stockier one is starting to stack, this one smells almost like sweaty chemical lemon cleaner , the other one is going a bit more towards a dirty sock/foody type of smell.
Funny thing with the stretchier one, the petioles are ridiculously long , some around 30 cm.
both are starting to pack on some resin also, really nice plants so far!

Wanted to say also that the tent is extremely stacked right now so they are a bit squeezed in, having 7 plants in a 80x80 tent is not a good idea at all.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks nice 99, that one has lovely structure and looks like it will yield well too !

99problems

IMG_20210421_030042.jpg
stacking up nicely, the shorter stockier one is much hungrier compared to the stretchy one!

Both have some good stink to it , shorter one is sweeter smelling but both are pretty similar so far.

Looking forward to smoking it already, a month or so to go!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
short one's filling in nicely, but tbf the tall one is starting to as well. d'you think the tall one will go longer? (looks a bit like the C4DD plant that dots calls 'fiona' in his grow diary.. kind of spear shaped buds)
both lovely ! fingers crossed for the finish,
VG :tiphat:

99problems

Yeah both of them are looking great, judging right now id say the taller one will take around 2 weeks longer to finish.
both are having nice thick stems and even though the buds are growing pretty big I don't think they'll need support!
I only took one clone of the stockier one and it didn't take so I took 2 clones in flower and both took and are revegging at the moment!

They are the least frosty plants I have at the moment, but the trichomes are bigger compared to the extremely frosty gg4xbdb I have for an example.

Both of them are getting a bit of a bitter lemon/lime peal smell in the background also, curious to how they will turn out.

Also my carbon filter has past its best before date and the whole place is stinking from the C4DDs, will be upgrading to a bigger tent soon and in the fall when the heat calms down I'll pop the remaining c4dd f2s, really happy with what I've seen so far!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds good, i like to hear about my plants stinking the place up :) . The chems tend to keep putting on resin till quite late. i remember r e z used to say take the D 84 days for that reason... perhaps a bit excessive for some of the C4DD

VG